Starting 5

I apologize that i am taking up space and asking a question that may be very simple, but i was wondering what is the starting 5 looking like for this upcoming season. i figure that the starting 5 will consist of briscoe, green, braswell, spears, and wilderness but who is playing where. also after this season wilderness and spears are gone, who do you think is going to step in to replace them or do you think it will be recruits. once again apologize for asking, but i spend most of my time in the recruiting forum.

[quote=“NJNiner12, post:1, topic:24169”]I apologize that i am taking up space and asking a question that may be very simple, but i was wondering what is the starting 5 looking like for this upcoming season. i figure that the starting 5 will consist of briscoe, green, braswell, spears, and wilderness but who is playing where. also after this season wilderness and spears are gone, who do you think is going to step in to replace them or do you think it will be recruits. once again apologize for asking, but i spend most of my time in the recruiting forum.[/quote]your starting 5 looks accurate. Briscoe PG, Green SG, Wilderness SF, Spears PF & Braswell C. We’ve landed Mike Thorne for next year, he will come in and be a true Center for us, I think that allows Braswell to possibly slide to the PF spot, depending on KJ’'s progression. SF is a real weak spot, we’re hoping to land E. Victor Nickerson and will know on Oct . 30th. If we don’t get him, look for Mayfield or Barnett to be the starting SF next year.

thank you very much very informative, but a few questions. mike thorne seems to be very raw do you think he can step in and start right away and also can mayfield play PG and SG as well or am i thinking of someone else?

Mayfield was a combo guard in HS so he could probably play either G position and has the size to play the 3 if we want to run a 3 guard lineup.

[quote=“NJNiner12, post:3, topic:24169”]thank you very much very informative, but a few questions. mike thorne seems to be very raw do you think he can step in and start right away and also can mayfield play PG and SG as well or am i thinking of someone else?[/quote]I see Thorne playing 15, maybe 20 min a game. Mayfield played PG/SG in high school, but I don’t think he has the ball handling abilities to be a D-1 PG (I could be wrong). He will play more SG/SF for us. We still have scholarships to give and may find another big man out there for the 2011 class.