Starting WR leaving Clemson(From Charlotte)

Anyone know if this is someone we have a shot at? This guy is a Charlotte native.

[quote=ā€œkeeper768, post:1, topic:30185ā€]Anyone know if this is someone we have a shot at? This guy is a Charlotte native.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Clemson-WR-transfer-22461[/quote]Bigger question, where is he academically? Heā€™s a RS JR, but not sure heā€™s graduating and can play in the Fall. If he canā€™t, is he worth having sit out 1 year to play 1???

[font=Helvetica Neue][size=15px]The program announced Wednesday that Hopper, a wide receiver, will play his final season at another school after graduating in the summer. As a graduate transfer, he will be eligible immediately at his next stop in 2016.[/size][/font]

[quote=ā€œkeeper768, post:3, topic:30185ā€][font=helvetica neue][size=15px]The program announced Wednesday that Hopper, a wide receiver, will play his final season at another school after graduating in the summer. As a graduate transfer, he will be eligible immediately at his next stop in 2016.[/size][/font][/quote]Thanks, I hadnā€™t read the article. The things I looked at earlier about him didnā€™t say that, just talked to past academic issues. If thatā€™s the case, no problem with him coming on. As of last I heard, we had 1 spot open. Obviously, things can change.

I say pass, why sacrifice the development of some the young guys for a graduate transfer who isnā€™t elite?

What is elite? Everyone has such a different meaning of the word.

What is elite? Everyone has such a different meaning of the word.[/quote]

In this case one of the top 100 WRs in FBS. If we were dying for depth at the position, Iā€™d yes but we are stacked with young guys who we should look at first.

clt says Joe flacco is not elite.

In this case one of the top 100 WRs in FBS. If we were dying for depth at the position, Iā€™d yes but we are stacked with young guys who we should look at first.[/quote]

[font=verdana][size=14px]ā€œHopper had 21 receptions for 317 yards and a touchdown in 2015 when he played in 15 games, three as a starter on Clemsonā€™s number-two ranked team that finished with a 14-1 record. He had his best game against Wake Forest when he had three receptions for 129 yards and a touchdown.ā€[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=14px]Clemson WR will transfer | TigerNet
[/font]
[font=verdana][size=14px]He doesnā€™t have to be ā€œeliteā€ to look great on our squad. Heā€™s a veteran WR that started games for a team that eventually played in the National Championship. Iā€™d be happy to have him here. [/size][/font]

Iā€™d take him, however we have more important spots we could add a transfer for.

Agreed. Iā€™d like to see OLine get some depth.

Iā€™d take him in a heartbeat if just for his ability to mentor.

Dude played in the national championship game lat month. Weā€™re not so fantastic at WR to be able to pass on this guy.

I have worked/coached(quality control and development) in HS for a few years now. Coached against him when he was a senior at Berry Academy the kid is a STUD. Iā€™d love to have him here.

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:12, topic:30185ā€]Iā€™d take him in a heartbeat if just for his ability to mentor.

Dude played in the national championship game lat month. Weā€™re not so fantastic at WR to be able to pass on this guy.[/quote]

This was my thought. Just because he wasnā€™t the best player on a championship caliber team doesnā€™t mean he wouldnā€™t be the best or one of the better players on our team.