Stay tuned for a major athletics announcement coming up at 11:18am this morning!

I know what I want it to be (stadium expansion) but instead it will be we’ve extended the women’s tennis coach for another 3 years.

Nothing against them but I sure hope it’s not women’s golf

Nothing against them but I sure hope it’s not women’s golf[/quote]

Happy to get women’s golf but frustrated beyond belief if they thought this was a “MAJOR” announcement or that it deserved to be teased. You don’t tease a simple announcement, that’s just plain rude.

Is Judy retiring?

3 words: Lingerie Football Team!

Nothing against them but I sure hope it’s not women’s golf[/quote]

Happy to get women’s golf but frustrated beyond belief if they thought this was a “MAJOR” announcement or that it deserved to be teased. You don’t tease a simple announcement, that’s just plain rude.[/quote]

You do realize they are just trolling us right? They have made it a side mission to upset anyone that questions their decision making, which is everyone on this board.

Adding a sport is a major announcement.

Let’s not be misogynists, ok?

[quote=“eason49, post:9, topic:29960”]Adding a sport is a major announcement.

Let’s not be misogynists, ok?[/quote]

No, it’s not. This is buying a toaster, not building a new room on your house.

What NN.N complained about today: the school called the hiring of the women’s golf coach a major announcement.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:10, topic:29960”][quote=“eason49, post:9, topic:29960”]Adding a sport is a major announcement.

No, it’s not. This is buying a toaster, not building a new room on your house.[/quote]

I’m with Eason on this one.

Chill out, guys. Let the Charlotte Women’s Golf Initiative have their day.

Although…

is it too much to ask to remove the Vanderbilt logo from her hat?

-----EDIT-----

Took less than thirty seconds. You’re welcome, AD.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:13, topic:29960”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:10, topic:29960”][quote=“eason49, post:9, topic:29960”]Adding a sport is a major announcement.

No, it’s not. This is buying a toaster, not building a new room on your house.[/quote]

Although…

is it too much to ask to remove the Vanderbilt logo from her hat?[/quote]

Had they just made the announcement or had they not used a teaser tweet at all I would have been fine with it. 99% of their “customers” are football and men’s basketball fans who would naturally expect something “major” to be in relation to those sports. I’m tired of this twitter account using teaser announcements for relatively mundane announcements like this.

I just wish we’d stop using the term “m****” in anything related to Charlotte athletics.

[quote=“eason49, post:9, topic:29960”]Adding a sport is a major announcement.

I’m very pro NCAA women’s sports. Daughter being recruited as we speak. But this is not a major annc. It’s good news but that’s about it. I don’t see NCAA women’s golf championships on ESPN or espn7

Tweet set it up as much more

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:16, topic:29960”][quote=“eason49, post:9, topic:29960”]Adding a sport is a major announcement.

I’m very pro NCAA women’s sports. Daughter being recruited as we speak. But this is not a major annc. It’s good news but that’s about it. I don’t see NCAA women’s golf championships on ESPN or espn7

Tweet set it up as much more[/quote]

The only news is really the hire of Coach Clark. We’ve all known for months now that we were getting women’s golf.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:14, topic:29960”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:13, topic:29960”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:10, topic:29960”][quote=“eason49, post:9, topic:29960”]Adding a sport is a major announcement.

Although…

is it too much to ask to remove the Vanderbilt logo from her hat?[/quote]

Had they just made the announcement or had they not used a teaser tweet at all I would have been fine with it. 99% of their “customers” are football and men’s basketball fans who would naturally expect something “major” to be in relation to those sports. I’m tired of this twitter account using teaser announcements for relatively mundane announcements like this.[/quote]I suppose, indirectly this does effect football in that it goes toward meeting Title IX requirements, which allows us to have football.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:16, topic:29960”][quote=“eason49, post:9, topic:29960”]Adding a sport is a major announcement.

Actually womens golf finals covered extensively by ESPN

[quote=“hootie, post:19, topic:29960”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:16, topic:29960”][quote=“eason49, post:9, topic:29960”]Adding a sport is a major announcement.

Actually womens golf finals covered extensively by ESPN[/quote]
Extensively??