Stealing second on a walk.

I’m not a huge baseball guy, so I never even thought about this.

[URL]http://www.thefightins.com/meechone/marco-scutaro-catches-the-phillies-napping-steals-second-on-a-walk/[/URL]

1 in a million shot at success. fluke.

Maybe he should buy a lottery ticket too! Probably already makes millions though.

Happens all the time in Little League lol.

I’ve seen Shawon Dunston do that for the Cubs back in the early 90s. That man had wicked hustle. He ran to first every time he was walked.

I've seen Shawon Dunston do that for the Cubs back in the early 90s. That man had wicked hustle. He ran to first every time he was walked.

And he had a cannon for an arm.

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/detail_MB091__56__dunston89sl_htm.html

We used to have this poster up in my apartment…

Dunston was the #1 pick of the draft.

he was a freak

Happens all the time in Little League lol.

Our coach told us to do it

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;414873]And he had a cannon for an arm.

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/detail_MB091__56__dunston89sl_htm.html

We used to have this poster up in my apartment…[/QUOTE]

True. He regularly threw flat-footed from shortstop

When I played little league, the first place team use to steal second every time they walked. The guy would just round first and keep on going. They put it on the other team to throw them out, and they has about a 99% success rate. Our team eventually started throwing it down to second as soon as the guy walked, but they use to 10 run rule almost every team in the league. Alot of times the other team would freak out, and throw the ball away, and they would get to third or even score. Pretty funny to see it done in the major leagues.

I hate baseball, but that’s a sweet move haha.

[QUOTE=andrew_uofc;414894]I hate baseball, but that’s a sweet move haha.[/QUOTE]

Commie.

I hate baseball, but that's a sweet move haha.

In season baseball is great, it is the off-season I hate. I can’t take the hot stove talk, it drives me up the wall, and I don’t care much for spring training, but opening day I’m in.

This was AWESOME! I’m the biggest Yankees guy you’ll find…but you have to appreciate this.
Very similar to Teixeira scoring from first on the drop from Castillo last week. Could have given up on the play and possibly lost the game.

Heads up, balls to the wall baseball. LOVE IT!

That site is blocked where I work. Can I get a brief synopsis of the story?

[QUOTE=C49er;415026]That site is blocked where I work. Can I get a brief synopsis of the story?[/QUOTE]

Takes a walk, notices 2B and SS talking to each other across the field rather than paying attention, and rather than stopping, he got to first and then hit the gas.

It was some funny ****.

This happened because of advanced scouting. You could see it in his eyes as he walked down to 1st base that he was looking for something. He saw what he was looking for and took 2nd base. It won’t happen again.

Come on Jimmy and Chase!
-What were you guys thinking?!
-Heads up hustle by the guy for the Jays though

I didn’t know trying to steal 2nd was even an option on a walk. Who knew to even pay attention? Damn if I’m a coach, I’m calling that play from now on when the 2B & SS are distracted.

This happened because of advanced scouting.
That's probably very true. And I bet it won't happen again.