Stinging Article on A10

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/492829-college-basketball-sorry-la-salle-but-atlantic-10-should-trim-the-fat

The answer is simple, the bottom of the Atlantic 10 is a pitiful collection of pathetic basketball programs that put no effort into their programs and ultimately cause great damage to those Atlantic 10 schools that do try to put a respectable product on the court. The bottom of the conference is littered with RPI poison and schools that have no fans or following.

great article. couldn’t agree more with it.

Solid article- never will happen, but solid reasoning.

Good article, but any of us could have written it off the top of our heads. Why didn’t he tell us how we might accomplish it? What do the Conference by-laws allow? Can we kick schools out, or do we have to enact new rules that make it too expensive, or in some way difficult for them to stay with their current level of commitment? This is what I want to know.

It’s a blog post… It may be an opinion you agree with, but that was more poorly written than many message board posts.

I kind of agree with the commitment criticism and cutting ties to the programs that aren’t, but I can’t get over how the guy comes off as a total douche.

Also gotta love how he barely has us making the cut. Classic.

The bottom of the conference is littered with [b][i]RPI poison[/i][/b]
:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

[font=Helvetica][size=15px][/size][/color][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=15px][color=rgb(55, 55, 55)]New look Atlantic 10:

1. Temple
  2. Xavier
  3. Dayton
  4. Saint Joseph’s ¶
  5. UMass
  6. URI
  7. St. Louis
  8. Richmond
  9. George Washington
  10. Charlotte
    [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=15px][/size]
[size=15px][/size]
[size=15px][/color]That’s a VERY good looking bball conference![/size]

[/font]

We many not like it, but its the perception of our program at the moment, and joining the A10 is the root.

I gave a tour yesterday to some friends @ Hayes stadium, and as we watched the game from the suite for a few moments, a parent from my team says “is this D1” and he lives in Charlotte.

Bleacher Report is kind of bush league. It seems to get alot of web hits tho…Its kind of the Us Weekly of sports internet sites.

We many not like it, but its the perception of our program at the moment, and joining the A10 is the root.

I gave a tour yesterday to some friends @ Hayes stadium, and as we watched the game from the suite for a few moments, a parent from my team says “is this D1” and he lives in Charlotte.[/quote]

Did you give him the face palm?

I gave a tour yesterday to some friends @ Hayes stadium, and as we watched the game from the suite for a few moments, a parent from my team says “is this D1” and he lives in Charlotte.[/quote]

Did you give him the face palm?[/quote]
LOL…its a gut instinct. But its hard to fault him. The guy loves sports and still wasn’t sure what we are.

I gave our kids a pep talk that one day they could be a college athlete and a 49er if they work hard- its very realistic. My best player says “I don’t want to go here, I want to play at Tenn or Carolina”

Did you give him the face palm?[/quote]
LOL…its a gut instinct. But its hard to fault him. The guy loves sports and still wasn’t sure what we are.

I gave our kids a pep talk that one day they could be a college athlete and a 49er if they work hard- its very realistic. My best player says “I don’t want to go here, I want to play at Tenn or Carolina”[/quote]

Now I actually will be pulling against your best player. See what you’ve done! You’ve made me pull against a kid! Shame on you! ;D

Said child was immediately kicked off the team I assume?

That stings. Hopefully in 10 years or so, more kids will be saying, “Huh, Carolina?.. Heck no, I’m really hoping I get in to Charlotte!”

Said child was immediately kicked off the team I assume?[/quote]

Or he’s in small pieces at the bottom of a shallow grave with 10 lbs of lime poured on top.

he must have been reading the o for the past 10 years. i can understand why a charlotte resident would think we are not d1.

he must have been reading the o for the past 10 years. i can understand why a charlotte resident would think we are not d1.

he must have been reading the o for the past 10 years. i can understand why a charlotte resident would think we are not d1.[/quote]

This is a bigger problem than the Chapel Hill Daily. We do a terrible job of marketing ourselves and making ourselves relevant.

If we promoted .01% of how the ACC marketing machine did we would not have these type of comments. Perception is reality.

Our leaders not only accept but love the roll the Mothership has granted us. Why can we selfish fans not revell in the knowledge that Mother loves us for staying unknown and small time. UNCC forever is our rally cry for our Mother’s love. Embrace obscurity in Mother’s warming shadow, if you can get in there with Phil and Woodward hogging the space up.

That “parent” is obviously an idiot.