Student Falls to Death

Today’s Observer story:

http://www.charlotte.com/115/story/57100.html

I really hate to hear stuff like this.

The high rises are to be toredown in the near future. It goes along with the whole changing of the front of campus. Her family is in my prayers…

Yes, it was the 11th floor. I lived in the room next to the room that kid jumped out, one year later. He jumped out of the side that looks out over 49 and landed in the bushes below so he lived. Pretty sure he wasn't hurt at all.

I lived 4 doors down from him that year, and he was definatly hurt. Didnt die, but lets just say he wont be the same…ever. I dont know the full story of this recent situation so I am not going to speculate on it, but my prayers are out there.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;225436]The high rises are to be toredown in the near future. It goes along with the whole changing of the front of campus. Her family is in my prayers…[/QUOTE]
not anymore. They’ll likely be around for the foreseeable future.

That is sad. I hate it when stuff like this happens…Even if you dont know her, it hurts cause she was one of us.

Her name was Heather - she was a nice girl. She dated a good friend of mine. Hopefully it wasn’t suicide. If it was an accident, something needs to be done to the windows.

:unhappy:

Got this in an e-mail:

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Dear Student Organization Leaders and Advisors, [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]
We ask that you pass the following information on to other students, faculty and staff…[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]The sisters of Sigma Kappa invite all members of the University community to attend a candlelight vigil in memory of Heather Marie Brink. This service will be held on Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 8:00 pm at the Belk Tower. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]For more information please contact the Dean of Student’s Office at (704) 687-2375. [/SIZE][/FONT]

The thing that annoys me is people should be competent enough not to fall out of those windows. You either have to do it intentionally, be pushed, or be pretty dumb to fall out of those windows IMO.
Like I said, you have to be a total klutz, be pushed, or go out intentionally to fall out of these windows. Just because of this, I don't think we should ruin the window space for all the rest of our students by making them only open partially.

Uhh…right…

[QUOTE=49or bust;225426]Yes, it was the 11th floor. I lived in the room next to the room that kid jumped out, one year later. He jumped out of the side that looks out over 49 and landed in the bushes below so he lived. Pretty sure he wasn’t hurt at all.[/QUOTE]

um…

first off, just saying that someone who jumped 11 stories wasn’t hurt is kind of ridiculous, don’t you think?

secondly, he was in intensive care and will be damaged for the rest of his life for that.

um...

first off, just saying that someone who jumped 11 stories wasn’t hurt is kind of ridiculous, don’t you think?

secondly, he was in intensive care and will be damaged for the rest of his life for that.

Sounds pretty crazy to me too but that is what I heard. Those bushes down there are pretty thick. I thought they could have served as sufficient cushioning.

Uhh...right....
Care to elaborate?