Student Outdoor Event Venue and Tailgate Park Coming in Fall 2022

So glad they finally did this. The students need a really good place to tailgate. If you build it, they will come.

How does the school (and all the other schools) get away with monitoring underage drinking? I assume they don’t card the students in a byob situation. Or do they?

The policing of behavior will be a huge issue here. My nephew was a student when the original tailgate area was in full effect and after the school came down on them for getting too wild lots of students stayed off campus so they could drink and not be bothered.

My gut says this isn’t going to be as popular as we think.

Being more out of the way will help. The crack down came in part due to complaints from older alums walking by.

1 Like

Thank you to the donor who helped pay for this! Step in the right direction to improving the game day atmosphere and building lifelong fans.

3 Likes

I do not encourage underage drinking, but I once did, and can remember many many underage peers that always found ways to get hammered on campus or off campus, in establishments, indoors, outdoors, at parties, at public events, on road-trips, at concerts…

I think at most college tailgates the police don’t go hunting for underage drinkers unless it’s obvious. If the kids are behaving - for the most part - then the police leave them alone.

Yeah it’s pretty simple actually, just intervene if some are getting out of control but let them have fun “Son, use the port-a-john not the tree ok?”. I’m not going to Captain Renault anybody, I’d have been partying down there like a rock star if I was in school.

I was an advisor for 10 years to a group on campus and it is generally don’t ask and don’t tell. If a student gets belligerent the campus police may arrest them but the policing is normally done by the students. They do a fairly good job of policing themselves.

What happens on campus, for the most part, stays on campus.

This spot is out of the way and alums won’t have to walk by it to get to the stadium. It’s a good spot.

1 Like

clt enjoyed walking by the student tailgate

2 Likes

Sunglasses Smile GIF by Hollyoaks

1 Like

I hope your right! And shame on the old alums complaining. Let them have some fun, geez.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. Police need to just keep in under control. The new area should allow police to monitor things without anything really bad happening. Some of the stories I heard about where they were got pretty bad. I am all for them having a good time but sexual assaults and such need not to be happening.