Student Outdoor Event Venue and Tailgate Park Coming in Fall 2022

https://twitter.com/ChancellorGaber/status/1488517150490853379

Looks like weā€™re getting something of a student tailgate village back thanks to an anonymous $10 million donation.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a huge addition. Love it.

This is awesome. So glad to see it.

"As the Charlotte 49ers prepare to join the American Athletic Conference, this facility will help us sustain momentum for becoming a nationally recognized institution.ā€

Thatā€™s fantastic.

Now, thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about! :grin:

ben stiller shut up GIF

1 Like

Seriously, what is this guy gonna say if we expand the stadium.

1 Like

What does ā€œDrā€ Joe Highman teach and why canā€™t he generate a $10M donation for it?

3 Likes

I love how Appies on twitter have to comment any time something is mentioned about Charlotte. Obsessed.

4 Likes

As someone who graduated with a science degree in engineering, I can assure him that class was usually the college experience that I least cared about, and those class experiences are what I least remember when I ponder those good old days. Now, tell him I am busy counting my money

1 Like

I donā€™t have the data handy, but I found it before - maybe a year ago. We have 6k+ students living on campus and another almost 10k living within a couple miles of campus, most of which are walking distanceā€¦the commuter school crap is only about 30 years behind the times.

You know, like App.

3 Likes

Letā€™s just hope that if we have donors willing to give $10m for an outside event venue, that this is a reflection of what is potentially being given for larger activities that we havenā€™t been told about yet.

4 Likes

I guess CRI3 is now a student lot.

They could make the student tailgate a drop off and walk up lot. Or maybe this is the first step in a new tailgate policy and lot structure?

1 Like

Drop off in that location would be very hard with one way in and out. Maybe they are splitting that lot up? Hereā€™s hoping we see an upgraded tailgating policy for the fall!!!

3 Likes

Yup Iā€™d wager this means a change for the tailgating lot process.

1 Like

I know they have been trying to crack that nut for a pretty good while. Judy and Co just copied ODUā€™s policy and then didnā€™t really consider tailgate environment. They basically just said the more you give the shorter the walk. OK done. Hopefully we see some creative thinking from the AD to balance the desires of the wealthy donors while building the atmosphere.

clt is hearing creed may play there.

Tenacious D should play there, becauseā€¦insert punchline