Student Section Postgame - URI

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;383357]Ours, no. Duke and Carolina, yes.[/QUOTE]

There’s no need to. It’s all computerized.

I wish there was a reason to campout.

Positives: Energy was really good... we were hopping. Getting on "Daddy's Little Angel" was fun. MVF goes to SteauA. Major points to whoever yelled to Martell "Hey 32, your jersey is bigger than your state!" while the arena was silent.

Negatives: Brace yourselves:
What has happened to us? The energy was pretty good, but looking around… our student section was an embarrassment.

I saw one guy wearing yellow… 3rd row in 104. Another guy was wearing a fairy blue and red polo shirt, also in 104… I think 5th row. Another fatass was wearing a white sweater over a fairy blue dress shirt… then some kid in 105 was wearing a damn plaid shirt and a Tar Hole hat. Thank God he took it off. There really needs to be rules against this. If you’re not wearing Niner gear then sit in the UPPER DECK. Can’t we get the AD to pass this on to event staff and enforce this? It really is embarrassing.

Students showing up ten minutes into the game… at least they showed.

Grade: D-
We had a lot of energy, and that’s the only reason I didn’t give us an F.

I hope we’re better for Dayton.

Maybe if you spent as much time yelling as you do writing down what everyone is wearing and where they are sitting it would be louder.

It’s just a joke.:tongue:

1. Remember Gang Green? (I was a charter member) You couldn’t sit in the designated section without the shirt. What happened to that? Why aren’t the fraternity/sorority groups getting in on the action? When I was a student you had to fight to get better seats than them.

2. From where I sit, (the poor-recent-alumni-corner), the students are always louder than the “adult side.” I think we need to worry less about them and worry more about the adults showing up. The last time ANYONE in my row showed up was the Clem§son game. Where the hell did you go row L, did you donate your tickets to charity.

[QUOTE=jbradshaw;383365] Clem§son [/QUOTE]

Why do people from the south put a “P” in Clemson?

What? Student section has gotten MUCH better then the D'A/Carlos season....

You didnt even have to wait in line that year to get front row…

But then again, maybe I missed the direction your comment was going.

You missed it. That season is when it just didn’t feel the same anymore. Last year was a bit fresher, and there were moments down there, but overall, since that season I just feel like it doesn’t get as loud as it used to be. It may have to do with the general public numbers dropping, but I still feel like at times there are too many dead moments. Just a general observation.

I heard an echo during one of our FORTY…NINERS cheers last night. I don’t think I’ve ever heard an echo.

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;383361]Maybe if you spent as much time yelling as you do writing down what everyone is wearing and where they are sitting it would be louder.
It’s just a joke.:tongue:[/QUOTE]

I have a very good memory. I could tell you almost exactly where they were sitting as well, if you want me to.

Why can’t my memory be that good when I’m taking a test though?

Wow, and I pretty much already did that.

Photographic memory only applies visually, lol.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;383369]I heard an echo during one of our FORTY…NINERS cheers last night. I don’t think I’ve ever heard an echo.[/QUOTE]

Seriously… if alumni don’t step up and start making noise during the intoductions, we’re going to have to resort to newspaper and/or “Sucks!” or “Who cares?” imitations.

40…9ers may be our most original chant (as far as the timing of it goes) and I don’t understand how hard it is to just yell “Niners”. It’s not like you don’t want to yell… hell, the alumni side has started it later in the game two games in a row. And it’s also not like you don’t know it’s coming… it happens EVERY game.

So why the silence?

[QUOTE=jbradshaw;383365]1. Remember Gang Green? (I was a charter member) You couldn’t sit in the designated section without the shirt. What happened to that? [B]Why aren’t the fraternity/sorority groups getting in on the action?[/B] When I was a student you had to fight to get better seats than them.

1. From where I sit, (the poor-recent-alumni-corner), the students are always louder than the “adult side.” I think we need to worry less about them and worry more about the adults showing up. The last time ANYONE in my row showed up was the Clem§son game. Where the hell did you go row L, did you donate your tickets to charity.[/QUOTE]

Because they NEVER show up.

[QUOTE=Mullins Maniac;383357]Ours, no. Duke and Carolina, yes.[/QUOTE]are you in school at duke? carolina? which one?

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;383382]are you in school at duke? carolina? which one?[/QUOTE]

South Carolina?

C-. You need to take creativity and persistence more into account, in my opinion. Being loud and in numbers is slightly more than half of the battle (and it’s something no one who reads this board has much control over since everyone who’s here is loud and shows up). Any time the student section gets a player to taunt us back, that’s at least a C in my book. If you only take numbers into account, then we already have an automatic D before the game even starts. I will say though that we definitely could have done better with what we had, but the wit of our student section always impresses me.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;383391]C-. You need to take creativity and persistence more into account, in my opinion. Being loud and in numbers is slightly more than half of the battle (and it’s something no one who reads this board has much control over since everyone who’s here is loud and shows up). Any time the student section gets a player to taunt us back, that’s at least a C in my book. If you only take numbers into account, then we already have an automatic D before the game even starts. I will say though that we definitely could have done better with what we had, but the wit of our student section always impresses me.[/QUOTE]

I have grown to like it when the players taunt us.

I love how Seawright actually paid attention to me as I gave him a recap of Charlie’s nuts getting ever closer to his face. I think he actually kind of laughed at it too.

I really liked the fact though, that even after he taunted us (which was actually very good natured), once the game was over, he shook hands with our guys and walked off… didn’t run up to the student section, didn’t taunt us… just had his fun during the game then called it a night.

I got to the game later than usual (probably 30 minutes before) and ended up sitting in the next to last row in 104 at first, then later moving down to the second row where there were 5 randomly empty seats.

#1. Past row 2, no one makes a sound, save like 5 or 6 people…at least as far as chanting is concerned. One guy in the 3rd row I heard talking to his friend about Zack’s reaction to something “dang, dude, it’s just a game.” People that make these comments shouldn’t be in the arena, much less the 3rd row of the student section…that’s the problem. We don’t have enough students that care about this team past 2 rows of 104.

When we were up in the next to last row in 104, we could hardly hear what chants were coming from the first two rows, and no one above them seemed to be making too much of an effort to make a sound. Disheartening, even with the way our team is doing. It’s especially maddening when the students further up are joking about the first few rows chanting and making noise. Welcome to being a student at a college basketball game. If you don’t come ready to make noise and care about your school and your team, stay home.

#2. Job, Johnny and I were able to move down to the second row at a timeout where there were 5 empty seats chillin’ in the middle of the row. That’s just ridiculous, and makes no sense what-so-ever. Moving down shouldn’t have been an option…why in the hell do students not take up the best seats available when they’re there? I could see if it’s one random seat here and there (although you should always close up the space between you and others if you’re not sure a seat is going to be taken), but that was half of the SECOND row that was empty. Joke.