Suggestion for new members to the board

mac, other mods:

I love the new(ish) feature that allows you to ignore certain boards, but still navigate to them. Keep things off the frong page Top 10 that I’m not interested in seeing.

Might it be good to have certain board automatically ghosted for new users? Would allow them to opt-in to things like Ramblings and Politics as opposed to opting out of Ramblings and requesting to opt-in to Politics.

Is that doable?

I imagine you would want no one see you handed your ass daily and your so called friends impugned.

You are a control freak with weak impulse control. Nurse Ratched, could it be that you haven’t been getting any lately?

I want to thanks sportsfan1417 for the suggestion. It grew out of a conversation we had in Shoutbox which to sum up, had to do with new people seeing the front page dominated by threads that had little or nothing to do with Niners sports, which he reasoned would be a strong deterrent to new posters sticking around.

Thanks NLP. It was your idea but it did draw from a conversation we were having. We know how to navigate the site but a newbie would see the front page and might not see too many Niner sport topics. If it can be done and is not a headache, I think it would be a nice change. It might be too specific however…I guess we will find out.

You better reach out Nurse Ratched because you are turning this place into a ghost town.

When you first started this thread I thought it was a bad idea. But after hearing the logic behind it, it sounds like a really good idea in my opinion.

i’m all in!
if i were just coming on at this point, i’d run! in a hurry!!