Supporting Charlotte Athletics 2019

1. Age: 49
  2. 49er Club Member? (Y/N): Yes, since early 90s.
  3. Former 49er Club Member? (Y/N):
  4. Best Recognition of your giving to Charlotte Athletics that you remember? (Could be a promotional item, sticker, or name recognition in some form): Bobbleheads (brought a lot of people out), t-shirts, hats, name on brick at Halton and Football Statue at JRS. Also, halftime hospitality when my kids were growing up. LOTS of time/memories of going upstairs for drinks and snacks with them.
  5. Would you prefer experiences or items related to giving level in the 49er Club? (Experiences could be sideline passes, access to shootaround, etc; items would be a flag, hat, shirt): Either one, depending on what it is.
  6. Does giving solely come with the thought of helping provide for a student athlete or is it based on the benefits/points structure?: My giving is mostly related to helping my Alma Mater, but I do base some of my donations on the point structure and deadlines to donate for certain things (keeping seats in same location, parking locations, etc.).

I will try to find it, but he mentioned it several times. I canā€™t remember if it was 6 or 9 months, but when I heard it I thought about when that would mean it would be complete. It was definitely first part of 2019.

I suspect it was during some of his radio interviews.

Im pretty sure he said 6 but not 100% certain either. That was probably close to 2 months ago assuming we heard the same interview.

Weā€™re threadjacking, but itā€™s nine months from August 2018-ish

The thread has been really insightful. Gained an appreciation for everyoneā€™s passion for Charlotte athletics and school pride.

1. Age: 35
  2. 49er Club Member? (Y/N): Y
  4. Best Recognition of your giving to Charlotte Athletics that you remember? (Could be a promotional item, sticker, or name recognition in some form): Name on Matt Stafford statue and I thought the koozies they gave out to football season ticket holders were nice. I liked the yard flag as well but no use for it.
  5. Would you prefer experiences or items related to giving level in the 49er Club? (Experiences could be sideline passes, access to shootaround, etc; items would be a flag, hat, shirt): Would be cool but doesnā€™t matter to me really.
  6. Does giving solely come with the thought of helping provide for a student athlete or is it based on the benefits/points structure?: I give so that my school has whatever it needs in every program to put out competitive teams. Which lately has made my giving very difficult. I donā€™t think of my gifts as helping individual athletes but rather the entire program.

49er Club Member: Y
Former 49er Club Member: na
Best Recognition:I loved the C-Pick Flag and being pulled in to interview with Hill and Esten was pretty cool
Experiences or items preferred: Experiences are fun and memorable, but I do not donate to receive these sorts of gifts.
Reason for giving: I want our student-athletes to have the resources to excel in the classroom and on the court. I want our students to have a great experience at our contests and become Niners for life. Lastly, Iā€™d like to be able to talk a bunch of shit to my non-Niner friends and family :slight_smile:

Thanks emfā€¦I knew I didnā€™t dream that.

1. Age: 43
  3. Former 49er Club Member? (Y/N): Y
  4. Best Recognition of your giving to Charlotte Athletics that you remember? (Could be a promotional item, sticker, or name recognition in some form): My familyā€™s names on a statue outside Richardson Stadium
  5. Would you prefer experiences or items related to giving level in the 49er Club? (Experiences could be sideline passes, access to shootaround, etc; items would be a flag, hat, shirt): Iā€™ve experienced a lot in my time since 94 when Halton was an amazing place to be. I donā€™t ask for much anymore. I just want one day for my kids to have as much fun as I did. My five year old is already a DIE HARD fan. I love to imagine how happy heā€™ll be when we start to win regularly. So my answer here is, make it fun and give my kids a good time.
  6. Does giving solely come with the thought of helping provide for a student athlete or is it based on the benefits/points structure?: I give because I love it and I believe in what the current regime is doing here. Points are good but none of us here are very far from the top portion of the points list.

I forgot to add some additional mamoriesā€¦ the experiences I enjoyed the most were all attached to winningā€¦ I vividly remember drinking beer and having Coach Wat making the rounds at Gusā€™s to discuss that nights Wā€¦ and being in a big ass hotel suite in Raleigh, beers in hand once again hearing Lutz tell the group there was no way in hell NCSUnwould ever have us back again.

I feel terribly for you younger guys who have never experienced what it is to see 49er sports in the spotlight for the right reasons. Hopefully the 49 Club is one of the tools we use to get us back thereā€¦

3 Likes
  1. Age: 24

3. Former 49er Club Member? (Y/N): N

4. Best Recognition of your giving to Charlotte Athletics that you remember? (Could be a promotional item, sticker, or name recognition in some form): First year of being in the 49er club, so nothing really sticks out. I caught a tee-shirt as a student one time so that was cool.

5. Would you prefer experiences or items related to giving level in the 49er Club? (Experiences could be sideline passes, access to shootaround, etc; items would be a flag, hat, shirt): That stuff would be cool but it doesnā€™t really matter to me. I give because I want to see us win and have the experience that comes with that.

6. Does giving solely come with the thought of helping provide for a student athlete or is it based on the benefits/points structure?: I give because I want to see us win, its selfish but its the main reason. I donā€™t give a lot due to where Iā€™m at in my career and life, but as student I never got to see us have really any success. I donā€™t want the next generation of students to go through that same thing.

3 Likes
  1. Age: 46

2. 49er Club Member? (Y/N):
    Yesā€¦Started as Young 49er club after graduating in 1994 but a member ever since at varying levels throughout (24 years)

4. Best Recognition of your giving to Charlotte Athletics that you remember? (Could be a promotional item, sticker, or name recognition in some form):
    The Flag was coolā€¦and they used to do nice lapel pins every year from various sports (a different sport each year)ā€¦I always thought those were cool. I think the Green Jacket is a very nice recognition for high level donors though I have never quite donated at that annual level. The points are a very nice reward as well. More points = better seating preferences is certainly a very worthwhile way to recognize 49er club participation and longevity.

5. Would you prefer experiences or items related to giving level in the 49er Club? (Experiences could be sideline passes, access to shootaround, etc; items would be a flag, hat, shirt):
    Bothā€¦Experiences and/or gifts that no one else can get unless a member is a nice gesture and an appropriate way, in my opinion, you show appreciation. As long as they are unique and not lameā€¦both are fine and appreciated either way.

6. Does giving solely come with the thought of helping provide for a student athlete or is it based on the benefits/points structure?:
    I donate for a myriad of reasons. I have already mentioned above that the priority points do make a difference to me. I am proud to be a 49er and want to help assist in the continued growth and success of the program. I want to be a part of building what we are building. However, I do ABSOLUTELY expect a return on that investment. The entertainment value is a piece of that. I want to be entertained by a good competitive performance by my school that I am proud to be associated with. I give to help build that but to also have a chance to have the best seats in the house to watch it. Butā€¦if I do not feel like my money is being used to the betterment of the program as it relates to on the field success and/or growth of the program and/or entertainment valueā€¦I will direct my hard earned money elsewhere. I will always donate at least $49 and buy 2 basketball seats every year to keep my points account growingā€¦but if the entertainment value, competitiveness of the product and direction of the program are all going in the right directionā€¦I have and will donate much more annually and buy more season tickets to more sporting events as well.

1 Like

Aside from a small selection of people, it seems as though through donations and 49er Club memberships, the best memory recollections for rewards for membership do not exceed past a shirt, sticker or flag. Maybe thatā€™s just me?
Iā€™m also curious as to how often the school or athletic department reaches out to everyone asking for additional donations?

The school is very good at reaching out to the same people over and over again. The problem is they have always sucked at reaching out to anyone else. I can count on being contacted looking for money AT LEAST every quarter. What they need is to grow the number of people they are contacting looking for money.

2 Likes
  1. 30s
  2. Y
  3. Y
  4. nothing memorable
  5. should be an event for donors/club members to meet/greet players/staff along with other clubs members/donors. could possibly be speaking event as well.
  6. I donate to school both for educational and athletics support.
  1. 44
  2. Y
  3. n/a
  4. Having my family name on the statue as an initial FSL holder is awesome. I just wish I could get my youngest daughters name added as well.
  5. I donate for the Athletics of the school and I donā€™t expect anything in return. However, for the first time ever in any sport, my family recently got selected to welcome the team to the court in the tunnel. My girls will be pumped.
  6. Not that my level matters right now from a point value but every little bit helps the student athletes.