Syracuse jumps to No. 14 in the Nation

[URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2669461]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2669461[/URL]

Syracuse jumped into the top 20 in the polls. Should give us a good indication of how scary this game could be on Wednesday.

Are we sure Plavich doesn’t have another year of eligibility?

so if we beat the #14 team in the nation…

[QUOTE=ninerball49;200301]so if we beat the #14 team in the nation…[/QUOTE]

We should get at least a footnote on page 5 of the Observer sports section.

um

i was talking about maybe getting recognition in the polls for some votes. we’d get votes for number #1 before reaching page 5 of the observer.

Are we sure Plavich doesn't have another year of eligibility?

And Diego, Jobey and Henry? I have a feeling we may need all four drilling from outside to make this a good game.

Ha! We can’t even get legit guys qualified… I agree JCL, definitely going to have to have some hot hands on the perimeter. And we can take those shots as long as we can hit the boards. That’s where our failure is this year, even in our win over Hofstra. I really don’t feel like we should take so many 3 attempts without at least two bodies down low.

[QUOTE=lutz9er;200303]We should get at least a footnote on page 5 of the Observer sports section.[/QUOTE]

Which Observer are you talking about?

1. News & Observer

2. Ocean County Observer

3. Jamaica Observer

4. Canton Observer

5. Oman Daily Observer

[QUOTE=lutz9er;200303]We should get at least a footnote on page 5 of the Observer sports section.[/QUOTE]
The Charlotte-Syracuse game didn’t even get a mention in the Observer’s “This Week” column in today’s paper. The Big O does mention these games: UNC-CH versus Gonzaga (then either Tennessee or Butler), Winthrop versus Maryland, NC State versus Valpo, and Duke versus Air Force and Davidson. Of course, Davidson and Winthrop only get mentioned because they are playing against ACC schools. Geez! :rolleyes:

Oddly, I haven’t seen Mike on here since the season started… :ponder:

[QUOTE=run49er;200309]The Charlotte-Syracuse game didn’t even get a mention in the Observer’s “This Week” column in today’s paper. The Big O does mention these games: UNC-CH versus Gonzaga (then either Tennessee or Butler), Winthrop versus Maryland, NC State versus Valpo, and Duke versus Air Force and Davidson. Of course, Davidson and Winthrop only get mentioned because they are playing against ACC schools. Geez! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I think that really sums up everything ya need to know about the quality of the Observer!

I think that really sums up everything ya need to know about the quality of the Observer!

Dad gets it for the coupons. He told me that he read it the first day he subscribed, saw how they write and started reading the Washington Post on the web. Takes him about 20 minutes to get through the paper because of the (lack of) substance. That includes coupon clipping.

I would assume there are some mad New Yorkers that the Syracuse game wasn’t mentioned. The Observer will probably run an apology to their Yankee readers.