Tailgating TV question

Hey guys -

I want to be able to watch TV at tailgate and I have a question about power. It looks like gas generators are not allowed but I thought I saw a few last year. Any thoughts on how much that is enforced or suggestions for alternatives?

I have a hotspot, Apple TV and HDTV I plan to use to watch ESPN so now I just need power to make it all work! Any tips would be appreciated.

[quote=“scollie41, post:1, topic:29000”]Hey guys -

I want to be able to watch TV at tailgate and I have a question about power. It looks like gas generators are not allowed but I thought I saw a few last year. Any thoughts on how much that is enforced or suggestions for alternatives?

I have a hotspot, Apple TV and HDTV I plan to use to watch ESPN so now I just need power to make it all work! Any tips would be appreciated.[/quote]

Very much enforced. I had security come through my tailgate a few times last year asking how I was running a TV and stereo without a generator. I have a 3 battery bank powering everything.

I have held off setting up the direct tv until next season - but will have it ready then.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:29000”][quote=“scollie41, post:1, topic:29000”]Hey guys -

I have a hotspot, Apple TV and HDTV I plan to use to watch ESPN so now I just need power to make it all work! Any tips would be appreciated.[/quote]

Very much enforced. I had security come through my tailgate a few times last year asking how I was running a TV and stereo without a generator. I have a 3 battery bank powering everything.

I have held off setting up the direct tv until next season - but will have it ready then.[/quote]

You are the freaking man!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:29000”][quote=“scollie41, post:1, topic:29000”]Hey guys -

I have held off setting up the direct tv until next season - but will have it ready then.[/quote]

I was in the Red Lot today. There is NOTHING enforced there. The tailgating was a little more family friendly than others I have seen (Kids everywhere), so maybe security just doesn’t bother, but I saw ZERO school officials. It’s so isolated, no one bothers with it. Not quite the party crowd as the black lot, but it’s shaded by big trees so that’s a huge plus, and no campus people come through there.

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:3, topic:29000”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:29000”][quote=“scollie41, post:1, topic:29000”]Hey guys -

You are the freaking man![/quote]

I can not accept being “the freaking man” as The Normbulance failed to make the game today. Having more belt issues. I was in my truck instead. Hope to have it back on the road next home game and will then gladly accept your compliment.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:5, topic:29000”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:3, topic:29000”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2, topic:29000”][quote=“scollie41, post:1, topic:29000”]Hey guys -

You are the freaking man![/quote]

I can not accept being “the freaking man” as The Normbulance failed to make the game today. Having more belt issues. I was in my truck instead. Hope to have it back on the road next home game and will then gladly accept your compliment.[/quote]

I noticed that. At some point I’ll get around to stopping by and paying tribute.