Tarantino on computer graphics in movies

Not much in the link. The meat of it is this picture:

http://gizmodo.com/5661048/tarantino-on-computer-graphics-in-movies

Seems to me that he’s just being a hater. He needs to focus on fixing these movies he’s putting out then on what other directors are doing. I think he took a great concept in Inglorious Bastards and royally fucked it up.

Let me also through out there: What are you thoughts on CGI?

I for one am ok with wisely used CGI, and as long as I can’t tell if it is CGI. But sometimes they overdo it and it looks like CGI and it just kills the experience.

[quote=“Gill, post:3, topic:24064”]Let me also through out there: What are you thoughts on CGI?

I for one am ok with wisely used CGI, and as long as I can’t tell if it is CGI. But sometimes they overdo it and it looks like CGI and it just kills the experience.[/quote]

If you’re going to do CGI on an “Avatar” level then I’m all for it. If it’s “Scorpion King” quality then they could just do live action with animation added (al la Roger Rabbit).

It works for full ainmation movies where the fantasy element is not only unhidden, but embraced.

But as soon as you start trying to make it mirror reality, you’re asking for trouble. Nothing comes across as well as on location shoots with real actors, etc.

And I think the sentiment he’s trying to convey is that CGI makes writers and directors lazy. When it takes the place of a good quality idea and a well written script and talented actors, like it so often does…

Gollum > all.