Team Goals for the Year?

Was looking at something and it said that we currently have the 14th longest home winning streak. I was thinking…one of our goals should be to have a top 10 winning streak by the end of the year. That would mean going undefeated at home and a few other teams losing a home game, but I think it’s doable. That should be one of our goals…to establish a better reputation about how difficult it is to win at Halton.

I was thinking making it to the second week (at least) of NCAA would be nice.

Winning at home should definitely be an emphasis. We have had a history of dropping home games to lesser teams such as Rutgers, Valpo, Louisisana-Lafayette, Kent, Boston University, etc.

It stings to lose to Indiana, Louisville and Cincy at home but those are top programs. There is no excuse for dropping home games to mediocre teams.

Most of our bad home losses have come early in the year before conference season. Under Lutz, we tend to get off to slow starts which has led to some of those past home losses. We may have looked past some of those teams as well.

Part of the problem is that we haven’t gotten the crowd support when we play the lesser out of conference teams. It would be nice to fill up the arena no matter who the opponent is.

Same goals as last yet, but actually fulfill them.
I think we fulfilled 0/3 or 4… whatever it was.

Our goals should be in the following order:

1 - National Champs
2 - National Championship Game Participant
3 - Final Four
4 - Elite 8
5 - Sweet 16
6 - NAAA 2nd Round
7 - NCAA
8 - Post Season
9 - Winning Record
10 - Don’t give any games away (which should guarantee us at least the 7th goal)

Plain and Simple.

It would also be nice to continue our home winning streak.

clt’s goals are to look back and say that clt did the best clt could while clt was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as clt could while clt was stuck in this place. Played as hard as clt could while clt was stuck in this place… Dogged as many girls as clt could while clt was stuck in this place.

FREE THROW SHOOTING

I get sick and tired of the excuse that the team lost at home to a lesser oponent because of the lack of crowd support.

It’s great to have a raucous crowd, sure, but you should play hard and be focused whether you’re playing Duke at Cameron or pick-up ball in the Mine Shaft. If you’re not, get the hell off of the court and let someone else play.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Sep 30 2005, 08:41 AM [b] ......If you're not, get the hell off of the court and let someone else play. [/b]
Still lobbying for that open position on the team, huh.

:slight_smile:

I would be a tremendous asset:

Good stroke from the line, b-ball smart, white, no tattoos, decent GPA, always bring extra booze to parties, over 21 so I could buy, I’ll take the fat chick when a buddy hooks up with a hottie.

I could go on, but then I’d just be braggin’.

Speaking of goals, I’ll bet Martin Iti hopes his new team’s goals are less than 10ft tall so that he can dunk!

:blink:

[i]Originally posted by NinerNut[/i]@Sep 30 2005, 02:31 PM [b] Speaking of goals, I'll bet Martin Iti hopes his new team's goals are less than 10ft tall so that he can dunk! [/b]
Nut, your comment is sorta lost on those of us who realized that was the only shot Iti could make!