Team Grades

I saw this on another thread, I was curious how everyone would rate all the teams performances this past year. Wasn’t really sure where to put this, so I stuck it in the basketball forum.

Football:B
Started out of the gate strong, but lost some disappointing games near the end. Solid first year to build on.

MBB:D
The only reason this isn’t a F is because of beating Michigan and K-state. Its been beaten to death the issues the basketball team is experiencing.

WBB:C+
Program consistently makes the NIT so I feel like that is the bench mark, it would be nice to start making NCAA or at least be in the discussion.

M.Soccer:A-
Winning one of the toughest conferences in America, making the NCAA again is really good. Would had been nice to do better in both the conference and NCAA tournament but this is still Charlottes strongest team.

W.SoccerC+
Didn’t really follow, seemed average.

Baseball:D+
Another train wreck IMO, I knew the competition would be tougher, but we lost games and series we had no right losing. It was good seeing us finish the year up strong though. I have hope for next season.

Softball:D+
Again, didn’t really follow, losing record doesn’t look good though.

M T&F/Cross Country:B
Breaking school record and personal records and still not doing well shows that the overall talent of not only the team but the program is going to have to improve for us to have a shot of being competitive in the C-USA

M Tennis:B-
Brief appearance in the top 75 was nice, showing improvement. Tennis program has never been strong, but its heading in the right direction.

Volleyball:F
Thank god we have a new coach.

Athletic Department:D-
New conference, means lots of mediocrity across the board, at least this season. Hopefully that doesn’t become the new standard for Niner sports. Overall the athletic department needs to do a better job marketing, connecting with fans, students and the Charlotte community and improving the little things. From an outsiders perspective, the status quo is never being pushed.

Outside of that, I don’t really know how the rest of Niner athletics performed, didn’t really hear much from the golf team which I know has been successful for us.

in regards to the grade to the atletic department, i was in some sports store in four seasons mall in greensboro. now, i don’t expect a lot of niner stuff, if any yet, in greensboro, but they had uncw, app. state, some other crap school there. when there is uncw stuff being sold but not charlotte, considering how far above those schools we are, there is a problem marketing.

[quote=“Ninerfan2012, post:1, topic:28841”]I saw this on another thread, I was curious how everyone would rate all the teams performances this past year. Wasn’t really sure where to put this, so I stuck it in the basketball forum.

Football:B
Started out of the gate strong, but lost some disappointing games near the end. Solid first year to build on.

MBB:D
The only reason this isn’t a F is because of beating Michigan and K-state. Its been beaten to death the issues the basketball team is experiencing.

Program consistently makes the NIT so I feel like that is the bench mark, it would be nice to start making NCAA or at least be in the discussion.

M.Soccer:A-
Winning one of the toughest conferences in America, making the NCAA again is really good. Would had been nice to do better in both the conference and NCAA tournament but this is still Charlottes strongest team.

W.SoccerC+
Didn’t really follow, seemed average.

Another train wreck IMO, I knew the competition would be tougher, but we lost games and series we had no right losing. It was good seeing us finish the year up strong though. I have hope for next season.

Softball:D+
Again, didn’t really follow, losing record doesn’t look good though.

Breaking school record and personal records and still not doing well shows that the overall talent of not only the team but the program is going to have to improve for us to have a shot of being competitive in the C-USA

M Tennis:B-
Brief appearance in the top 75 was nice, showing improvement. Tennis program has never been strong, but its heading in the right direction.

Volleyball:F
Thank god we have a new coach.

Athletic Department:D-
New conference, means lots of mediocrity across the board, at least this season. Hopefully that doesn’t become the new standard for Niner sports. Overall the athletic department needs to do a better job marketing, connecting with fans, students and the Charlotte community and improving the little things. From an outsiders perspective, the status quo is never being pushed.

Outside of that, I don’t really know how the rest of Niner athletics performed, didn’t really hear much from the golf team which I know has been successful for us.[/quote] Stating that men’s soccer should have done better in the conference tournament kind of invalidates your opinions.

Oh, never mind. I see you meant the regular season.

MBB: C-
Baseball: F
Soccer: A-
Football: S ( it’s what kindergartners get)

Can’t speak for other teams

Football: “I” Too early to tell really, some really good, some really bad. After 2015 is the first real grade. I’m already giving 2014 an “I”

Men’s Hoops: “F” (I really can’t see any way to justify any other grade. Sure we won the PR tourney, but also suffered the worst loss in school history and lost to 2 300 RPI teams. We were awful in a really bad league. This season was 3 steps backwards)

Women’s Hoops: “A”/“C”?? I don’t know. Apparently the WNIT is the goal here, and we keep hitting it.

Baseball - “D” Knew this would be a tough year, but 19-31 stinks

Softball- “C” about a standard Charlotte season. That “C” speaks more to the expectations than it does the results.

Golf - “C” We seem to have failed to capitalize on our string of successes in the NCAA’s. there was a window there to really keep the name up there.

Men’s Soccer: B. Losing the NCAA game at home really hurt the grade IMO.

Women’s Soccer: C Didn’t seem up to the normal standard. The soccer teams have the highest bar in the program right now.

The rest of the sports: “?” I have no idea, a grade would be unfair as I have no clue how any of the team ended up.

Football: C+
Wasn’t sure what to expect but had some good wins over Gardner-Webb and Presby, but losses to UNCP and Wesley hurt.

MBB:D-
I was expecting an NIT caliber season, but we did not make the #postseason. Terrible losses to FSU, and too many others we had no business losing to.

We made the WNIT. #postseason

M.Soccer:A
Won the C-USA Tourney and hosted a #postseason NCAA game.

W.Soccer- C+
Did not follow, but winning record overall and winning record in conference

We were picked to finish 8th, but finished 11th and missed C-USA Tourney. Finished strong winning 3 out of last 5 C-USA series

Softball:C-
Did not follow, but we made the C-USA Tournament #postseason

Not sure about the season, but the cross country coach deserves a raise.

M/W Tennis:B
I saw and heard people cheering at the tennis complex on 2 occasions this year.