Team Photo

09:34:13) NLP49: Picture Front-ish L-R: Camidge, White, Wilson, Vanhook, Davis, Scott, Ogbueze, Pappas and Warner
(09:35:08) NLP49: Back row L-R: Benny, Sully?, Beans, Bergas, Blakely, Uchebo and Aube

For some reason I was expected a football team photo. Was thinking - “damn we are not big enough for FBS, but we are tall.” And then I saw “Charlotte Basketball”

Our guards are huge. Compare them to Benny, who is SF sized.

It’s going to be weird getting used to so many new players all at once. We have had turnover before, but not like this.

Bergas is huge. Really curious to see what the staff can do with him (feel like its a given that the guards will be coached up). Also, I wanna see if Beans is as good as rumors suggest.

[quote=“NLP49, post:2, topic:29772”]09:34:13) NLP49: Picture Front L-R: Camidge, White, Wilson, Vanhook, Davis, Ogbueze, Pappas and Warner
(09:35:08) NLP49: Back row L-R: Benny, Sully?, Beans, Bergas, Blakely, Uchebo and Aube[/quote] Thanks, I was just about to ask someone to do this. With so many new guys, it’s hard to know who’s who.

I think you skipped one guy, the player kind of in-between lines in the blue shirt with red stripe down the middle. Is that Curran Scott?

Whoops. Yes. I’m blaming them for not being in proper rows. :?

Here you go:

Here you go:

[/quote]

Much more mature team… And a great looking staff… Excited for 2015!

Regarding the BBall photo, Obgueze has what appears to be a satisfied smile on his face. It would be interesting to get his opinion of the current group as opposed to last years team. While we will not know for sure until some games are played, Price appears to have done an excellent job putting this team together and I think this team has a chance to be pretty good.

Here you go:

[/quote]

Much more mature team… And a great looking staff… Excited for 2015![/quote]
The players siting in # order is disconcerting. This was a trademark of Rich Kotite during the National Anthem when he was a coach.

[quote=“78NINER, post:9, topic:29772”]Regarding the BBall photo, Obgueze has what appears to be a satisfied smile on his face. It would be interesting to get his opinion of the current group as opposed to last years team. While we will not know for sure until some games are played, Price appears to have done an excellent job putting this team together and I think this team has a chance to be pretty good.[/quote]I think Price and co. did a great job given first year with tons of spots to fill and entering late for a lot of guys (recruiting seems to start and finish earlier and earlier these days).

I really hope this is the type of team that makes huge improvement by the end of the year because most of the guys are starting out so new to each other and in many cases new to college. OOC and early conference play I expect to be rough, but I’ll be happy to be wrong. I’m particularly interested in how the pg/sg positions work out. Does Ogbueze play point or shooting guard? Who ends up starting at the other guard spot? Does Vanhook play PF or SF (he looks the same size as our guards, but sounds like he plays like a PF)? It’ll be fun to see how things go.

Here you go:

[/quote]

Thanks! So we have great depth, but seem to be short for a baskeball team…

[quote=“9erken, post:11, topic:29772”][quote=“78NINER, post:9, topic:29772”]Regarding the BBall photo, Obgueze has what appears to be a satisfied smile on his face. It would be interesting to get his opinion of the current group as opposed to last years team. While we will not know for sure until some games are played, Price appears to have done an excellent job putting this team together and I think this team has a chance to be pretty good.[/quote]I think Price and co. did a great job given first year with tons of spots to fill and entering late for a lot of guys (recruiting seems to start and finish earlier and earlier these days).

I really hope this is the type of team that makes huge improvement by the end of the year because most of the guys are starting out so new to each other and in many cases new to college. OOC and early conference play I expect to be rough, but I’ll be happy to be wrong. I’m particularly interested in how the pg/sg positions work out. Does Ogbueze play point or shooting guard? Who ends up starting at the other guard spot? Does Vanhook play PF or SF (he looks the same size as our guards, but sounds like he plays like a PF)? It’ll be fun to see how things go.[/quote]

Yeah, I wish we could have kept more guys, but I think they pieced together a close to full roster as best as they could. Whether these guys can play, I have no idea, but am excited to see.

I’m just guessing at the starters and have no inside knowledge, but…

1 - Davis
2 - Braxton/Camidge/White
3 - Vanhook/Scott/Benny
4 - Sully/Blakley
5 - Beans/Uchebo/Swede

I’d think Braxton backs up at point when Davis is out, possibly.

I’m prob late to the game on this on here but what is the injury for the cast on White’s left hand?

[quote=“Iron9er, post:13, topic:29772”][quote=“9erken, post:11, topic:29772”][quote=“78NINER, post:9, topic:29772”]Regarding the BBall photo, Obgueze has what appears to be a satisfied smile on his face. It would be interesting to get his opinion of the current group as opposed to last years team. While we will not know for sure until some games are played, Price appears to have done an excellent job putting this team together and I think this team has a chance to be pretty good.[/quote]I think Price and co. did a great job given first year with tons of spots to fill and entering late for a lot of guys (recruiting seems to start and finish earlier and earlier these days).

I really hope this is the type of team that makes huge improvement by the end of the year because most of the guys are starting out so new to each other and in many cases new to college. OOC and early conference play I expect to be rough, but I’ll be happy to be wrong. I’m particularly interested in how the pg/sg positions work out. Does Ogbueze play point or shooting guard? Who ends up starting at the other guard spot? Does Vanhook play PF or SF (he looks the same size as our guards, but sounds like he plays like a PF)? It’ll be fun to see how things go.[/quote]

Yeah, I wish we could have kept more guys, but I think they pieced together a close to full roster as best as they could. Whether these guys can play, I have no idea, but am excited to see.

I’m just guessing at the starters and have no inside knowledge, but…

1 - Davis
2 - Braxton/Camidge/White
3 - Vanhook/Scott/Benny
4 - Sully/Blakley
5 - Beans/Uchebo/Swede

I’d think Braxton backs up at point when Davis is out, possibly.[/quote]

It’s hard to keep up with this but who was the stud recruit this past year, was that Jon Davis? Is that why you think he is penciled in for the PG spot?

EE, Davis has been highly spoken of and Price mentioned him as the likely PG in the Coaches’ Caravan. I’m sure that’s not set in stone though since it’s a competitive process.

the reviews from pickup about davis have been really good. hopefully we can continue to get updates on the players.

[quote=“cibik02, post:14, topic:29772”]I’m prob late to the game on this on here but what is the injury for the cast on White’s left hand?[/quote]Minor issue.