Tennis Facility Upgrades

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;311842] we should be grateful. She’s done a lot for our athletics department. Just keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]

Sure she has. That would be silly to debate.

That’s exactly why I stated my football reference to her in the manner I did. It is unrealistic, IMO, to think she would pony up for naming rights. But if she doesn’t show some tangible monatery support towards football, I think it gives Metro’s comments some credibility.

I hope she has intentions of supporting football, but even if she doesn't donate a dime more, we should be grateful. She's done a lot for our athletics department. Just keep that in mind.
no question...

I just know that $2.5 mil would go a long way in the initial football campaign.

All athletic improvements should cease until we know the roadmap for football. (unless they know otherwise)

[QUOTE=metro;311851]no question…

All athletic improvements should cease until we know the roadmap for football. (unless they know otherwise)[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

I think this is great for UNC Charlotte and especially for what they have done this decade in tennis. I have a couple of friends who’ve played on the team and they’re excited about this.

Why are you guys bringing football into this topic? Football has it’s own forum.

I agree about the football donations, first of all a great deal of thanks to Ms. Halton, her generosity has been wonderful, however I don’t care if our players have pepsi on the front of their jerseys if we can get this thing off the ground.

no question...

All athletic improvements should cease until we know the roadmap for football. (unless they know otherwise)

I disagree. Until football is approved we should fund everything else as normal. The big excuse from the athletic department has always been the fear that a football team would hurt the sports we already have. So we really shouldn’t go fueling that fire.

This is awesome! I hope they have strict rules for who they allow on the courts.

I’m an avid tennis player and played all the time during my time at UNC Charlotte. I utilized the courts all the time and I hate people who did not have court shoes or shoes that have non marking out soles. You’re pretty much fu(king up the court. Also killer was people skating broading and playing soccer on the courts, they needed to get slapped.

If you play, play with the right equipment and don’t ruin it for others who use it correctly for their recreation.

(The same could be said about basketball courts.)

excellent post. can’t be said enough.

I thought the “varsity courts” were average. but no lights? come on. no seating? come on!!! this is long overdue.

[QUOTE=metro;311830]no offense to tennis…but I hope this is not her way of protesting football. I think 99% of Niner fans would rather her cough that up to the initial football fund. Just my .02[/QUOTE]

Dale is pro-football. And her vote on the Board of Trustees is critical.

[QUOTE=Smokin’Niners;311816]The indoor facility was shot down since it was going to be another 10 million to build it on top of what Dale Halton was giving. They voted just to upgrade, which means totally moving and building new courts.

[/QUOTE]

Where are they moving to??

supposedly behind the old soccer field with the charlotte stands…behind them.

does anybody know when this is going to take place?