Thank You Charlotte Athletic Club

Iā€™ve had some fun aggravating you on this board but I do want to say what raw deal I think the 9ers got when UNC and USC play in Panthers Stadium on the same date you have your first FBS game in 2015. If you needed any validation that both schools are afraid of the potential of UNCC being able to recruit and be successful in the largest urban market between Atlanta and DCā€¦well now you have it. Even at that Iā€™d be pretty pissed at the ā€œcivicā€ boosters in the city. This day should have belonged only to you in Charlotte.

Appreciate it Dave. Weā€™re pretty used to stuff like this though. It isnā€™t the first time and it sure wonā€™t be the last time.

[quote=ā€œBig Dave, post:1, topic:27776ā€]Iā€™ve had some fun aggravating you on this board but I do want to say what raw deal I think the 9ers got when UNC and USC play in Panthers Stadium on the same date you have your first FBS game in 2015. If you needed any validation that both schools are afraid of the potential of UNCC being able to recruit and be successful in the largest urban market between Atlanta and DCā€¦well now you have it. Even at that Iā€™d be pretty pissed at the ā€œcivicā€ boosters in the city. This day should have belonged only to you in Charlotte.[/quote]Theyā€™re all tarheels. Iā€™m not surprised.

It is what it is. If we win, the city will throw their support behind us. If weā€™re losers they wonā€™t.

Iā€™m not even sure if it is certain that weā€™ll be playing at home that day anyway. I donā€™t think our 2015 schedule is set yet. If we play at home, weā€™ll sellout and have a packed stadium regardless of this game so long as we donā€™t stink it up our first two seasons.

Our first FBS game is 9/3/2015 in Atlanta and this game is 9/5/2015 in Charlotte

ehhh fuck UNC not worried about their Charlotte gamesā€¦I think the bigger one is The East Carolina/USC match ups at BoA stadium im pretty sure they have one come back to charlotte in 2014

Unless something goes horribly wrong the Gamecocks will beat the Tarheels handily so there will not be much talk about the game by Tarheel fans around the loading dock the next day.

The UNC USC game will be secondary, it will go as planned and Carolina will throttle the Heelz.

The 49er game will dominate the news. If anything ā€œtheyā€ chose the worst day to be drown out and invisible.

If we win that day and the UNC game is fromt and center on the Observer, we should revoke their credentials

Fā€™em

I am glad to see that the purpose of that game is obvious to a fan of another program.

I borught it up briefly in SB yesterday, but only NLP really bit. I think the Holes finally saying yes to that game, in Charlotte, has everything to do with this little ole commuter school gettin a bit too uppity and ambitious for their liking.

They might as well have let that stupid goat of theirs piss on all the downtown street corners.

If we win our game on the 3rd, Iā€™ll probably wear my Niner attire on the 5th and hawk me a ticket outside the stadium from one of the 60,000 USC fans or one of the 10,000 tarhole fans in attendance. Then, once I get inside the stadium, Iā€™ll be cheering for USC.

You jump in the ring with the big boys, they start to fight dirty.
If everything goes as planned (we start out winning), we will start to build our fence around Charlotte. Thats what the coaching staff seems intent on.

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:9, topic:27776ā€]I am glad to see that the purpose of that game is obvious to a fan of another program.

I borught it up briefly in SB yesterday, but only NLP really bit. I think the Holes finally saying yes to that game, in Charlotte, has everything to do with this little ole commuter school gettin a bit too uppity and ambitious for their liking.

They might as well have let that stupid goat of theirs piss on all the downtown street corners.[/quote]

yep

Too bad itā€™s the same day the 49ers play. I wanted to go to BOO! both teams. :))

Its not the same day.

In professional soccer you find that there is an England flag hanging behind a goal in every stadium in the world it feels like that it is televised, I think we need to start something similiar and get a Charlotte flag hanging behind every sporting venue in the city, this would mean having several of our proudest fans with enough dispossible income to go to all these events and get the good seats where the flag will always be seen on TVā€¦ But making sure we take over these outsiders events and by showing up in green and waving our banners will get some attention of some sort

Iā€™ll volunteer for any womenā€™s beach volleyball competitions.

I like it. Iā€™ve managed to put up a few stickers at Charlotte bars over the years.

I like the outside the box idea but at this point in the program, I think the money is better spent staying with the school. We need to more of our alums to be proud wearing green and the issue will solve itself.

There is a Washington State flag at every College Gameday broadcast and no one cares about it. Seems like wasted money to me.

Really looking forward to seeing how our 2015 schedule shakes out. Curious on how a game like this could affect who/when we play. I understand we have a big name team on the schedule, that will be an away gameā€¦ Possible regional TV?

[ul][li]09/03 - at Georgia State[/li]
[li]09/12 - Presbyterian[/li]
[li]10/03 - Temple[/li][/ul]
We still have an open spot and if we get an ACC or SEC team in that spot it will most likely be on regional TV at the very least.