Thank you, Coach Lipsitz

This afternoon was my last women’s soccer game as a student at Transamerica. I would like to thank the inimitable Jon Lipsitz for all he has done for our program and for providing for us both a respectable program and some high quality soccer. Naturally, we won 5-0, although the third goal kind of gets an asterisk since they had in a temporary keeper and she didn’t so much as move towards the ball.

Still, a fitting ending to our season at home. Thank you, Coach. You’re the greatest.

go for 4

Bump for an undefeated regular season in-conference. We’ve won 12 straight (a school record) and our only losses have been Wake, VaTech, and UNC-CH. Now let’s bring home the A-10 championship! And then…well, you know. :slight_smile:

Hailey Beam for POY. I am predicting that she will be an All-American.

Great season so far!! Absolutely incredible.

Hailey Beam for POY. I am predicting that she will be an All-American.

She’d better be.

On a related note, Jon Lipsitz’s :49 Flat may be the greatest thing that has happened to recorded video in the last 20 years.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;356063]She’d better be.

On a related note, Jon Lipsitz’s :49 Flat may be the greatest thing that has happened to recorded video in the last 20 years.[/QUOTE]

Go 9ers!!!

Bump for a great season and my last as a student. Your are truly the man, Jon Lipsitz. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;361053]Bump for a great season and my last as a student. Your are truly the man, Jon Lipsitz. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, thanks for a great time this W Soccer!

Was the win over UT our first in the NCAA Tourney for women’s soccer? Just curious, as I don’t recall another one.

[QUOTE=X-49er;361114]Was the win over UT our first in the NCAA Tourney for women’s soccer? Just curious, as I don’t recall another one.[/QUOTE]

No. We reached the second round once before, again getting bounced out by Chapel Hill. It was something like 10 years ago, I think.

[QUOTE=The Lax;361149]No. We reached the second round once before, again getting bounced out by Chapel Hill. It was something like 10 years ago, I think.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Must have been right after I graduated and before NNN (or it’s predecessor) was available for me to better keep up with things.

11/11/98 was the date of the other NCAA victory for Charlotte Women’s Soccer

I had that date in my notebook all year staring at me and driving me, that’s why I know it so well. It was time to not only get back to the NCAA’s but also to break through and advance. Friday was a special night. Tennessee had never before lost an opening round match (6-0-1) and had been in the sweet 16, 5 of the last 7 years. We played our best match of the season and dominated all facets of the match.

Yesterday we lost to a better team. There are no excuses coming from this program. They were simply better. The players were repeatedly angered this year by excuses from other programs after we defeated them. There will be none here.

Thank you for all of the support this year. It was very special and I only hope that one day we can get to host NCAA matches for our fans.

All the best,

Coach Lipsitz

[QUOTE=Charlotte Soccer Coach;361179]Yesterday we lost to a better team. There are no excuses coming from this program. They were simply better. The players were repeatedly angered this year by excuses from other programs after we defeated them. There will be none here.[/QUOTE]
Can someone copy this and send it to Dayton’s coach?

Thanks, Coach. I enjoyed announcing your games this year and look forward to doing so in the future. You are a classy bunch.

Damn. We have one classy soccer coach. Awesome!! Props for an incredible season.

great season. looking forward to another of taking care of business at transamerica. go for 5.