Thanks 49er Alumni Staff

Just because you dont get a fast email response doesnt mean someone is not doing a good job or is slow.
To post that without full information was unfair to the director and the department. Sometimes busy people have to set priorities and have to take things in order. Just because someone is slow in getting to an email doesnt mean they are slow in the way they conduct business. A fair move would have been to place a phone call to the director with a concern or complaint ā€¦ I would bet you will be treated well and given the information you need or listened too if you pick up the telephone. Everything on earth doesnt evolve around a computer. Give them a chance ā€¦pick up the phone. They are our folks working to enhance the good of the green. There is a lot going on in the Alumni Office right now / moving and a variety of transitional issues. A lot of things to look forward to in the future. A big part of the future recognition of the university will funnel throught the Harris House. Nick and crew are doing a fantastic job.

this thread is really caddy and unfair
Nick is the man, and Iā€™ve heard Roach is a good dude.

[QUOTE=metro;199294]this thread is really caddy and unfair
Nick is the man, and Iā€™ve heard Roach is a good dude.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nick has always been great to work with. He and the missus are also 2 of the biggest Niner fans youā€™ll find anywhere.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;199284]Lefty, did you actually go to this? If so, how did you get invited? I was a little upset that they did not honor me.[/QUOTE]

No, I wasnā€™t invited. Not sure who was.

I think Nick is actually on vacation this week. He mentioned a yearly fishing trip he takes to the outer banks when I talked to him a few weeks ago.

Athletic Foundation link.

[B]For more information about the 49er Club, or if you have any questions, please call 704-687-3766.[/B]

[URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/boosters/ncch-boosters.html]http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/boosters/ncch-boosters.html[/URL]

for a way to help the alumni association, and not hurt your wallet check out the credit card here:
[URL=http://www.unccharlottealumni.org/alumni_benefits/affinity_programs.asp]http://www.unccharlottealumni.org/alumni_benefits/affinity_programs.asp[/URL]

I think its like 0.1% of every dollar you spend, at that rate in the last 3 months i have racked up a whopping $2.31 for the University!!!

Im pretty sure I made it clear that I was not saying that they were doing a poor jobā€¦ more than once. Additionally, I have been informed Nick is on vacation, so thatā€™s why I havenā€™t heard back from him, which I totally understand.

And finally, I donā€™t call because I donā€™t have access to get on the phone and chat it up during the day, I just absolutely donā€™t have the time in my current situation, and they are not going to call me back at 10pm when I can chat (I dont think) so what would be the point?

That said, I renig any statements which might contain negative connotation against Nick McEntire, or the Alumni organization, as it surely is my intent to GET INVOLVED and become a more active part of the organization, surely, otherwise I would never have taken the initiative to contact them in the first place.

Sweet, they posted our team picture from the golf tournament. I should write somebody about the caption, we tied for 2nd. :thumbsup:

[QUOTE=jcl49er;199282]Stevie Wonder went here? :wink:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not a lot of people know it.

It was Stevieā€™s vision that helped make Charlotte 49ers football what it is today.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;199350]Yeah, not a lot of people know it.

It was Stevieā€™s vision that helped make Charlotte 49ers football what it is today.[/QUOTE]

Good one.

Can we be honest for a second?

People on this board have spoken of the e-mails they received back from the CHANCELLOR of the university. Answering e-mails can reasonably be accomplished in under a half hour. Even if you wait until 4:30 p.m. to begin to read and answer all your e-mails, unless you have hundreds, you can accomplish that and still Fred Flintstone down the dinosaur tail on time. (And if they have hundreds of e-mails coming in to the 49er Club and canā€™t answer them all, then I would expect donations would be higher, so Iā€™m going with no).

I think the issue was that since you said you werenā€™t calling people out, people are going to get on you for that. Just post the information and donā€™t bother saying youā€™re not calling them out, because, letā€™s face it, intentional or not, you did.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;199350]Yeah, not a lot of people know it.

It was Stevieā€™s vision that helped make Charlotte 49ers football what it is today.[/QUOTE]
:lmao: Nice!
Iā€™ll call Mike Roach today Central. Iā€™d like to know where my stuff is as well. Iā€™ll let you know what i find out.

Sounds good.

nick is a p-i-m-p.

Mike got back with me as well today via email. He actually had sent me an email on Monday, but sent it to the wrong email address. I appreciated him getting back with me, and as I said, Nick McEntire is out of town, so Im satisfied, and sorry if I sounded like I was ranting.

does anyone want to try to make clay aiken a football fan?

I suspect he has more than a casual interest in Tight Ends and is somewhat of a world class Wide Receiver himself . . .:moon: :grin: :scared:

[QUOTE=bigNINERdaddy;199496]I suspect he has more than a casual interest in Tight Ends and is somewhat of a world class Wide Receiver himself . . .:moon: :grin: :scared:[/QUOTE]
:lmao:

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;199491]Mike got back with me as well today via email. He actually had sent me an email on Monday, but sent it to the wrong email address. I appreciated him getting back with me, and as I said, Nick McEntire is out of town, so Im satisfied, and sorry if I sounded like I was ranting.[/QUOTE]
So? What did he say, because I havenā€™t called Mike yet. Whenā€™s he sending it all out?

He had originally sent me an email Monday that he sent to the wrong address. He resent me an email with a copy of the original today. He said he mailed things out on Monday.

For those of you who know Mike Roach, I saw this in an email from the athletic foundation and wanted to make sure you knew so you can wish him wellā€¦

Mike Roach, Director of the Athletic Annual Fund, has accepted the position of Director of the Spartan Club at UNC Greensboro. His last day will be January 31. We wish Mike the best as he moves on in his career
Mike has been a huge help!

UNC Greensboroā€™s gain is UNC Charlotteā€™s loss for sure. Mike Roach is a great person and has been a good friend as well. I wish him all the best in Spartanland and Iā€™m looking forward to a few lunches at Stameyā€™s BBQ and/or Yum-Yumā€™s with him.

He also joins former Charlotte player and assistant coach Jennifer Herzig at UNCG.