That sign on I-85

On the Channel 9 Noon News, they reported the NC Highway Department said the sign announcing UNC-CH had won the 2017 NCAA Men’s Hoops Title was supposed to go near the state line. Someone either demonstrated an ironic sense of humor and planted it near the U. of Charlotte or Chancellor DuBois requested they change the location. (Channel 9 did not report that 2nd sentence.)

It sounds as if they will move it in a couple of days. How hard would it be to send a University maintenance crew out there with a big trash bag and cover it up?

Dubois definitely deserves criticism in many respects, but you’d have to have one heck of a tinfoil hat to think the Chancellor had anything to do with that. University maintenance would have no more right to go out and cover it than you or I do.

http://ninertimes.com/2018/01/49er-fans-have-tar-heel-sign-removed-from-1-85/

The forces of good mobilized, the DOT was reasonable, and we have victory. Now if only our on the field results can begin to match the success of NNN all will be right with the world.

Doesn’t matter now, Niner Nation Twitter Mafia jumped on it quickly and it’s being moved.

I will kick in for a sign celebrating Charlotte as the 2015 National College Bass Fishing Champions. I want it on Franklin Street (Chapel Hill, not Gastonia). Anyone with me?

clt says we should have a mens soccer national championship sign.

clt says the comments on the wsoc story are something else.

Have at it guys

Chilly Eugene Kingg That should not matter u both from the same land same Morse. An most believe in the same GOD. Hey just think one of u from UNC an the the other one from UNCC an in the NBA an on the same team hey U both from NC. Hey acking like that u might miss out on your blessing bc u close 2 the NBA an from the same land an mores hey that mean alot. So what r u ppl we the ppl want r u hateing on color of ppl skin or what same ppl same land. Hey now hey now hold up hold up a sec wait a minute Wait hey GOD is watching u an the ppl from the NBA so don’t let the bad guy get u bc he will take your heart away. But that’s none of my business that part

I want what he’s drinking

Sterno?

Facebook is the Wal-Mart of social media, you run in to get a couple items and get out as quickly as possible. No use to even comment. Mission accomplished, let’s whip that ass on March 27th.

And queue the scene from Billy Madison post Billy’s debate answer…

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA[/youtube]

clt thinks we have found a new AD candidate.

Chilly Eugene Kingg Hey Mr Cody Luck yes u right bc the best man every play the game can from NC. An got a NBA team. Hey me I’m going 2 NC bc that’s were the best com from an the most Ring’s. Hey don’t matter what school I’m from UNC, UNCC, Duke an so on it’s NC. GOD put the best their hey do u think it’s bc most ppl believe in JESUS. Out of all plays play the game an in the old days no one got MJ an no one will in basketball that is. So the ppl should com 2 NC all school bc u got a chance 2 see the NBA bc untill the end of the world they will always com 2 NC 2 find the best plays of the game bc of MJ. Any were eles u might not make it that’s me NC 1 all schools. Same ppl same mores same ppl same GOD same ppl. That part

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:9, topic:32315”]https://www.facebook.com/wsoctv/posts/1591852537518097

Have at it guys[/quote]

my goodness that was gross to read through… the fact that their fans don’t understand Charlotte isn’t Chapel Hill and the sign doesn’t belong here is stupefying… Please let us get good quickly in football and basketball, beat chapel hill and we’ll just put signs up that say that we beat them with the date and score in Chapel Hill… make our own death valley but for every time we’ve beaten them, and we can expand to baseball too why not

I hope our new AD will try to fix the shitstorm of the relationship with us and the Observer.

I just hope our new AD doesn’t try to influence the paper/radio. Let them print the truth. When stuff comes out like Judy’s email about David Scott, it breeds this culture of mistrust with the media, fans, alums, students, and anybody else. Frank from WFNZ would tell you, off the air, that Judy didn’t want them talking about negative things on the air when they were our flagship. In hindsight, that’s probably why they made a lot of the jokes about us. I really think that’s why Mac and Kroeger went after her so hard at the end when they realized Charlotte fans actually exist. Every program in the nation gets praise when good, and criticism when bad.

I was, admittedly, sipping some pretty strong kool aid during the FJR stuff. If you are transparent in your regular operations, which you should be as a public employee, people don’t have to speculate. Speculation can lead to some wild claims being accepted as truth, especially in the social media age.

I just hope our new AD doesn’t try to influence the paper/radio. Let them print the truth. When stuff comes out like Judy’s email about David Scott, it breeds this culture of mistrust with the media, fans, alums, students, and anybody else. Frank from WFNZ would tell you, off the air, that Judy didn’t want them talking about negative things on the air when they were our flagship. In hindsight, that’s probably why they made a lot of the jokes about us. I really think that’s why Mac and Kroeger went after her so hard at the end when they realized Charlotte fans actually exist. Every program in the nation gets praise when good, and criticism when bad.

I was, admittedly, sipping some pretty strong kool aid during the FJR stuff. If you are transparent in your regular operations, which you should be as a public employee, people don’t have to speculate. Speculation can lead to some wild claims being accepted as truth, especially in the social media age.[/quote]

She was an AD for a different time and different university and your comments show that.

During the early 2000s when UNC Charlotte was smaller and social media didn’t really exist, she could control the narrative/media relations. Unfortunately for her (fortunately for us), she wasn’t built to handle the social media age.