The ACC Observer

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;288595]
Some fan at Duke can wave a towel over his head.[/QUOTE]

If I bring a towel to tonights game and get the student section to chant “crazy towel guy”, will I get a mention in the paper too?

Mike P. – I really can’t believe you guys thought there was value in publishing this.

Picked up a Charlotte paper this morning after dropping my daughter off at dance class. Sat down for breakfast and lo and behold what do I see? Damn near the entire sports page devoted to ACC basketball.

You know, I don’t know why a give a rip and in the grand scheme of things I really don’t. But I think it’s humorous that Persinger will come on here and give reasons for the bloated coverage the Little O gives the ACC.

I’m not sure they could lick their boots any more, but I continue to be proven wrong.

I guess I look at it all wrong, but I think it’s incredible that a paper 3 hrs away has such a love affair with out of town schools. I suppose it would take guts to establish your own identity.

Are you coming down off the mountain to the big city for the friggin game or not? If so, let me know, I need to put on my drinking/dancing shoes.:shades:

Before anyone asks, I did not steal Hootie's password and log in as him.
:lmao:

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;288595]I just read Mr. Fowler’s garage piece …

like a typical ACC fan, he planned to leave Craphole Hill early. Of course, the score of the game convinced him to stick around so he could arrive late to Duke vs. CLemson and he arrived at halftime of Miami vs. NCSU.

In spite of being a Niners alum, I tried to read Mr. Fowler’s piece objectively. The following is a summary of what I learned, thanks to this “fine” piece of journalism:

Some fan at Duke can wave a towel over his head.
A player on the bench at UNC-CH likes to dance.

Hopefully, someone can explain to me why this needed to be in the Charlotte, NC sports page.[/QUOTE]

Here at the disturber. . . we exclusively cover the acc. :shades:

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;288600]If I bring a towel to tonights game and get the student section to chant “crazy towel guy”, will I get a mention in the paper too?

Mike P. – I really can’t believe you guys thought there was value in publishing this.[/QUOTE]
The average Wal-mart fan has never attended an ACC basketball game in person. The Observer has brought the experience to them and the world is now a better place.

If I bring a towel to tonights game and get the student section to chant "crazy towel guy", will I get a mention in the paper too?

Mike P. – I really can’t believe you guys thought there was value in publishing this.

Niner Nation needs more cowbell. Make it so.

Cowbells are not allowed. Keychains are.