The (anti) Kitchen Floor Prospect List

Can you please stay on topic?

Can you please stay on topic?[/quote]

Youā€™re kidding right? No one else does, why should I?

Can you please stay on topic?[/quote]

Youā€™re kidding right? No one else does, why should I?[/quote]

Somewhat kidding. You changed the topic from coaches most of our fans would prefer having to a coach many of our fans would not want. So you changed the topic from ā€œpreferred coachesā€ to ā€œnon-preferred coachesā€.

I donā€™t have any names, but it doesnā€™t seem that hard, get a head coach at a smaller school (mid-major ha ha) that is doing well and give him a shot.

Or go for a ā€œnameā€ assistant coach an ex player would be good.

Letā€™s just not hire someone that nobody has heard of that needs 3 years to learn on the job againā€¦ OK?

[quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:4, topic:28598ā€]Some other ideas:

Bob Hoffman (Mercer).
Last 3 years- 27-11, 24-12, 19-6 (in progress)

Brian Wardle (Green Bay)
Last 3 years- 15-15, 18-15, 19-5 (in progress)

Gary Waters (Cleveland State)
Last 4 years- 27-9, 22-11, 14-18, 17-9 (in progress)

Todd Kowalczyk (Toledo)
Last 3 years- 19-17, 15-13, 20-3 (in progress)

Greg Lansing (Indiana State)
Last 4 years- 20-14, 18-15, 18-15, 18-6 (in progress)

Brad Underwood (Stephen F. Austin)
First year: 22-2 (has a lot of experience as an assistant, though)[/quote]

I quote myself to try to get this back on track for what the thread was looking for. Anybody else got some that they think would be solid to look at? I suppose Iā€™d be in the minority for being cool with a guy like Tommy Amaker, as well- not that Iā€™m sure we could afford him.

He is everything some people on this board want a salesman, well spoken, and shows a ton of emotion.[/quote]

I would prefer Bruce Pearl, but I could support Seth Greenberg as well.

We do need a salesman. If you are a very old/successful program then you do not need a salesman as a coach. Sadly we are not either and we need someone with fire in their belly to go out there and push the program forward. Look at Lambert, granted he is not a huge salesman, but he is certainly out there pushing the program to any one that will listen. That is the type of coach we need.[/quote]

Iā€™m glad weā€™re just joking about this.[/quote]

Didnā€™t realize Seth was a joke. I am serious about Pearl there is no harm in pursuing it. That being said the list above this post is horrible. Toledo? Green bay? Pleaseā€¦

[quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:65, topic:28598ā€][quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:4, topic:28598ā€]Some other ideas:

Bob Hoffman (Mercer).

Brian Wardle (Green Bay)

Todd Kowalczyk (Toledo)

I quote myself to try to get this back on track for what the thread was looking for. Anybody else got some that they think would be solid to look at? I suppose Iā€™d be in the minority for being cool with a guy like Tommy Amaker, as well- not that Iā€™m sure we could afford him.[/quote]

I donā€™t think this list is horrible at all. Not nearly as horrible as HonestNiner would have us believe. We need to be realistic about who we could get. To me, someone (read: a HEAD COACH) with a track record of winning with limited resources is the exact type of person we need to target. Someone we can afford and someone with drive. Charlotte is the type of job you hope will be a launch pad for an up and comer.

He is everything some people on this board want a salesman, well spoken, and shows a ton of emotion.[/quote]

We do need a salesman. If you are a very old/successful program then you do not need a salesman as a coach. Sadly we are not either and we need someone with fire in their belly to go out there and push the program forward. Look at Lambert, granted he is not a huge salesman, but he is certainly out there pushing the program to any one that will listen. That is the type of coach we need.[/quote]

Didnā€™t realize Seth was a joke. I am serious about Pearl there is no harm in pursuing it. That being said the list above this post is horrible. Toledo? Green bay? Pleaseā€¦[/quote]

Yes, he is. While he was at USF he always had a talented roster that underachieved and landed in the NIT. At VT his roster was always stocked with guys that we tried to land. Every year he ended up crying on selection Sunday and then they fired him. Nobody does less with more.

Didnā€™t realize Seth was a joke. I am serious about Pearl there is no harm in pursuing it. That being said the list above this post is horrible. Toledo? Green bay? Pleaseā€¦[/quote]

Yes, he is. While he was at USF he always had a talented roster that underachieved and landed in the NIT. At VT his roster was always stocked with guys that we tried to land. Every year he ended up crying on selection Sunday and then they fired him. Nobody does less with more.[/quote]

This.

[quote=ā€œjfickett, post:67, topic:28598ā€][quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:65, topic:28598ā€][quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:4, topic:28598ā€]Some other ideas:

Bob Hoffman (Mercer).

Brian Wardle (Green Bay)

Todd Kowalczyk (Toledo)

I quote myself to try to get this back on track for what the thread was looking for. Anybody else got some that they think would be solid to look at? I suppose Iā€™d be in the minority for being cool with a guy like Tommy Amaker, as well- not that Iā€™m sure we could afford him.[/quote]

I donā€™t think this list is horrible at all. Not nearly as horrible as HonestNiner would have us believe. We need to be realistic about who we could get. To me, someone (read: a HEAD COACH) with a track record of winning with limited resources is the exact type of person we need to target. Someone we can afford and someone with drive. Charlotte is the type of job you hope will be a launch pad for an up and comer.[/quote]

Iā€™m ok with this list. Can we add Doug Wojcik to it?

My updated list, keep in mind this is not me stating I want Major canned. Best thing for us is for him to succeed, I believe heā€™ll be given one final shot next year to do so. That said:

Kevin Keatts (Louisville), John Pelphrey (Florida), Anthony Grant (if canned at Bama), Byron Dinkins (has to hire assistant with previous HC experience) and Jeff Capel (Duke). Or Gregg Marshall with my fantasy dollars.

Update: adding Melvin Watkins (Arkansas) to my list.

[quote=ā€œ2k, post:71, topic:28598ā€]My updated list, keep in mind this is not me stating I want Major canned. Best thing for us is for him to succeed, I believe heā€™ll be given one final shot next year to do so. That said:

Kevin Keatts (Louisville), John Pelphrey (Florida), Anthony Grant (if canned at Bama), Byron Dinkins (has to hire assistant with previous HC experience) and Jeff Capel (Duke). Or Gregg Marshall with my fantasy dollars.[/quote]

I agree with you on getting next year. Here is the scary thingā€¦ If he doesnā€™t succeed next year the damage done to the season ticket and donor base could be profound enough to have a very negative impact on what we can afford for his replacement. There is a lot riding on next year.

[quote=ā€œ2k, post:71, topic:28598ā€]My updated list, keep in mind this is not me stating I want Major canned. Best thing for us is for him to succeed, I believe heā€™ll be given one final shot next year to do so. That said:

Kevin Keatts (Louisville), John Pelphrey (Florida), Anthony Grant (if canned at Bama), Byron Dinkins (has to hire assistant with previous HC experience) and Jeff Capel (Duke). Or Gregg Marshall with my fantasy dollars.[/quote]

Strike Grant and I agree with the list. Iā€™m not wild about him.

Byron Dinkins??? You are suggesting we hire a local HS coach?

Think about any other ncaa school making this moveā€¦

I hear Tom Knotts is in market for fb gig

[quote=ā€œCard49, post:74, topic:28598ā€][quote=ā€œ2k, post:71, topic:28598ā€]My updated list, keep in mind this is not me stating I want Major canned. Best thing for us is for him to succeed, I believe heā€™ll be given one final shot next year to do so. That said:

Byron Dinkins??? You are suggesting we hire a local HS coach?

Think about any other ncaa school making this moveā€¦

I hear Tom Knotts is in market for fb gig[/quote]

Crap! I am going to leave this board if the agreeing with metro thing doesnā€™t stop.

Hiring a successful assistant from a big-time program who is part of an elite coaching tree may be a roll of the dice, but at least it was an educated guess. Hiring Dinkins would just be a shot in the dark. My heart says bring Dinkins or DeMarco onto the staff as an assistant, but experience tells me to keep it all business and do not hire anyone that it is going to hurt to get rid of.

Who Iā€™d reach out to if I were AD, in no particular order:

Darrin Horn (couch)
Jeff Capel (AC Duke)
Wojo (AC Duke)
Bob McKillop (HC Davidson)
Randy Rahe (HC Weber State)
Bryce Drew (HC Valpo)
Anthony Grant (Alabama, if fired)
Mike Dunlap
Steve Robinson (AC Chapel Hill)

8-5 predicted record vs 200+ rpi

If he loses at ecu and marshall, let Odom coach cusa tourny

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Charlotte.html

What? Greenberg a failure? USF & VT are B-Ball pits. He was lucky to get either to NIT. The manā€™s a genius.

[quote=ā€œninerID, post:76, topic:28598ā€]Who Iā€™d reach out to if I were AD, in no particular order:

Darrin Horn (couch)
Jeff Capel (AC Duke)
Wojo (AC Duke)
Bryce Drew (HC Valpo)
Mike Dunlap
Steve Robinson (AC Chapel Hill)[/quote]

Randy Rahe is an interesting prospect. Very successful at Weber State and a young guy in good position to make an immediate impact. 5/7 seasons with 20+ wins and the other 2 he had 16 and 18 wins. In the right situation he could be poised for a breakthrough.

[quote=ā€œninerID, post:76, topic:28598ā€]Who Iā€™d reach out to if I were AD, in no particular order:

Darrin Horn (couch)
Jeff Capel (AC Duke)
Wojo (AC Duke)
Bryce Drew (HC Valpo)
Mike Dunlap
Steve Robinson (AC Chapel Hill)[/quote]

I know you said contact, but I feel almost 100% positive the names I marked out would quickly say ā€œnoā€ or let it go to voicemail. Iā€™d probably add Dunlap.