The (anti) Kitchen Floor Prospect List

Have you ever any time in Knoxville???[/quote]

I think the answer to your question is yes. I liked Knoxville, I can just name about 100 places with universities that I like better.

Bruce Pearl ain’t happening.

I think the answer to your question is yes. I liked Knoxville, I can just name about 100 places with universities that I like better.[/quote]

Fair enough- BTW, another tipping point, no state tax in Tenn

Have you ever any time in Knoxville???

Helluva place to live and coach. UT is supported over there better than sports team in Charlotte, probably all combined. The women outdraw the Bobcats/Hornets, lol.

As far as lifestyle, they have some beautiful lakes around Knoxville.

All that said, he ain’t coming here…[/quote]
No, they don’t. 11,000+ Vols women, 15,000+ for Bobcats[/quote]
I stand corrected. However, do you think that 15K is actual asses in seats or a coporately driven #? Doesn’t matter, the #'s count just wondering

I think the answer to your question is yes. I liked Knoxville, I can just name about 100 places with universities that I like better.[/quote]

Fair enough- BTW, another tipping point, no state tax in Tenn[/quote]

Hootie, you are not wrong that Knoxville and UT are an attractive job opportunity. Probably more so now that Pearl has proven they can be an exciting winner. It used to be a place where bad coaches went to be bad. If Pearl only had two choices–Charlotte and UT–then we might have a shot if we could match the money. I really do not believe that will be the case. UNC-CH is proving every day that nobody is going to care about Pearl’s NCAA violations and he is going to have plenty of good offers. With the possible (probable?) split off of P5 schools into their own organization, I think he will choose to be on their side of the fence.

I threw out Pearl just because he is someone who’s career both good and bad I am very familiar with.I don’t necessarily think that he is the only potential gamechanger coach…just the one who came to mind for me.He’s very well known,has shown that he can turn a program around,and is by most of what I’ve seen,a very good gamecoach and motivator.

Plus,and this is very important I think,he’d get out there and be an active and exciting face for the program immediately.I don’t know any more than anyone else if it’s doable…I just know that we’re on a fasttrack toward almost total irrelevance,and not recognizing that soon and reacting to it will be a mistake that could take us many,many years to reverse…and cost us a lot more financially.

I’d give Darrin Horn a 2nd shot

Have you ever any time in Knoxville???

Helluva place to live and coach. UT is supported over there better than sports team in Charlotte, probably all combined. The women outdraw the Bobcats/Hornets, lol.

As far as lifestyle, they have some beautiful lakes around Knoxville.

All that said, he ain’t coming here…[/quote]
No, they don’t. 11,000+ Vols women, 15,000+ for Bobcats[/quote]
I stand corrected. However, do you think that 15K is actual asses in seats or a coporately driven #? Doesn’t matter, the #'s count just wondering[/quote]
Probably not butts in the seat most times, but thats the case with most everyone’s reported numbers.

Might as well Seth Greenberg’s name out there.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:49, topic:28598”]Might as well Seth Greenberg’s name out there.[/quote]I’m not a big fan of his coaching, but if his family wants to attend games, might be worth it.

He is everything some people on this board want a salesman, well spoken, and shows a ton of emotion.

He is everything some people on this board want a salesman, well spoken, and shows a ton of emotion.[/quote]

I would prefer Bruce Pearl, but I could support Seth Greenberg as well.

We do need a salesman. If you are a very old/successful program then you do not need a salesman as a coach. Sadly we are not either and we need someone with fire in their belly to go out there and push the program forward. Look at Lambert, granted he is not a huge salesman, but he is certainly out there pushing the program to any one that will listen. That is the type of coach we need.

He is everything some people on this board want a salesman, well spoken, and shows a ton of emotion.[/quote]

I would prefer Bruce Pearl, but I could support Seth Greenberg as well.

We do need a salesman. If you are a very old/successful program then you do not need a salesman as a coach. Sadly we are not either and we need someone with fire in their belly to go out there and push the program forward. Look at Lambert, granted he is not a huge salesman, but he is certainly out there pushing the program to any one that will listen. That is the type of coach we need.[/quote]

I’m glad we’re just joking about this.

Nope, some people here are for real.

Nope, some people here are for real. Not me but some are.[/quote]

Nope, some people here are for real.[/quote]

You’d really hire Greenberg? C’mon, man.

Sarcasm.

Sarcasm.[/quote]

Had me scared for a second. I was going suggest you consider rehab.

Sarcasm.[/quote]

Had me scared for a second. I was going suggest you consider rehab.[/quote]

Well if we are going to not play in the NCAA tourny at least we could get hot daughters to look at.

If we are making a wishful thinking list, we might as well add Bob McKillop to it.