The Atlantic 10 appreciation thread

http://www.atlantic10.com/#00

I’ve got to say. I was never a fan of joining the Atlantic 10. When the s*** hit the fan in 2003 and Judy announced we were moving to the A10 it felt like a gut punch. Especially to any of us with embryonic dreams of football (who knew it would be a catalyst for football getting started).

The A10, while a less than stellar home for our basketball program (more our fault than theirs), did wonders for our other sports. Hopefully that success will translate well back to C-USA.

They were also pretty classy towards us after we made the move. They could have been total asses like the CAA was to Old Dominion, and stop us from being able to win some or all championships or representing them in the NCAA.

The A10 helped us tread water when we had a pretty bad charlie-horse after C-USA 1.0. They even still have our stuff up on their website. C-USA didn’t even do that for the teams moving to the AAC.

The A10 can suck my balls.

I hope they suck next year and every year after that

[quote=“cibik02, post:3, topic:27890”]I hope they suck next year and every year after that[/quote]I hope they are pretty darn good so Davidson loses every conference game.

I hope davidson loses in a sucky conference

We never belonged in the A-10. Didn’t fit in and I 'm glad we have parted ways.

Dear A10,

Thanks for being so bad at other sports that you made people think our non-basketball sports were good.

Except Golf and soccer. We are awesome at golf and soccer.

[quote=“eason49, post:7, topic:27890”]Dear A10,

Thanks for being so bad at other sports that you made people think our non-basketball sports were good.

Except Golf and soccer. We are awesome at golf and soccer.[/quote]

I assume you are talking about baseball and track since these programs had success in the A-10.

I can’t speak for track, but baseball had one of it’s best teams in our history in 2007, 2nd probably to the 1998 team. That team was the 1st to win a Regional game in our history. Beat NC State twice that year, and then won another NCAA game against Arkansas in 2011. While the A-10 did suck in baseball, I think we were successful in-spite of the A-10. There is no doubt the league got better during the time we were in it.

Still, we never belonged in this conference.

Can’t you people read? This is an APPRECIATION thread. :slight_smile:

As a basketball fan I liked the A10 because it was a strong basketball conference, still is.

I appreciate that we will be out of this conference in just 7 more days.

I agree with this. The A10 won’t be as good in the future as it has been, but we are still stepping down a few steps in basketball. I will miss A10 basketball.

On the other hand, the A10 really sucked at baseball and football. Their football was so bad it seemed it did not even exist, and except for us and a few other schools, their baseball was not much better.

WTF asshole appreciates the A-10?

Are you calling those that will miss A10 basketball assholes?

[quote=“anipalcraig, post:9, topic:27890”]Can’t you people read? This is an APPRECIATION thread. :slight_smile:

As a basketball fan I liked the A10 because it was a strong basketball conference, still is.[/quote]

True, true. I sat and wondering if there was anything positive that I could say about the A10 before clicking on this thread and replying and I just couldn’t come up with anything so I had to spit my venom.

I never liked the A10. I never thought we fit in with any of the other universities that we were grouped with and I won’t miss it at all.

I always felt like it was a conference run by “amateurs” (not having any sort of national TV deal and awful online streaming). It always felt pathetic and I felt embarrassed telling people that we were part of the A10.

The general public knows what Conference USA is. Even though the membership is changing drastically over the next two years, that logo and that name will still remain. There is no doubt in my mind that over the next 8 years (the amount of time we spent in the A10) we will get about 500% more national recognition as members of C-USA than we did as members of the A10.

The A10 is a black hole. Xavier, Temple and Butler I’m sure are as excited as we are to finally leave.

Dear A10,

I’m sorry we didn’t live up to expectations.

Sincerely,

Charlotte 49ers Basketball.

Dear A-10,

Thanks for rescuing us when we got kicked out of C-USA for not having football. We were not prepared when the conferences started shifting and who knows where we would be if it wasn’t for your invitation.

While much of the life was sucked out of our fanbase when this happened, many of us tried to embrace you. It didn’t take long to realize that we were not meant for each other. We never fit well with you and we finally realized that we needed to have football or our athletics were going to fall into oblivion.

So in a roundabout way, thank you A-10 for finally getting people to realize that we needed football.

I will not miss you one bit. Not even the quality basketball played in your conference.

Send my best regards to Olean,

Mr. Bojangles

Keep being awesome, Thunderbolt!

Dear A10,

I appreciate the fact that we are leaving…

Godspeed, and enjoy your Davidson AIDS.

-s9er

I guess I’m one of the few who enjoyed the A10. I never really understood the animosity so many had towards it and I firmly believe that had we not sucked ass for 90% of our time here, fans would have appreciated the league a little more.

I’ll miss you A10, especially when I’m trying to remember who the hell is even in this shitty basketball conference we are in now.

CUSA put up a sign welcoming us. They say they have great teams & who’s next?