The Day has Finally Come

Please…

Cookout and Herlockers shouldn’t occupy the same sentence.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;239438]Why did it close?[/QUOTE]

No idea for sure but it may of had something to do with the price of the land?

[QUOTE=NormanNiner;239442]Please…

Cookout and Herlockers shouldn’t occupy the same sentence.[/QUOTE]
QFT. Cook Out has good milkshakes, but their burgers don’t hold a candle to Herlocker’s.

I heard this story many years ago and would like to pass it along:
In the sixties, the original owner of Herlockers was extremely popular among the students in school here. He died about the same time the high rise dorms were bieng built. The stidents made a concerted effort to have a dorm named after him. The dorms were named for governers instead, and for years the students refered to them by the year they were built, as a tribute to Mr. Herlocker.
That was before my association with UNCC, but I do remember the dorms being refered to by numbers in the low 70s.

Cookout is good food with good prices… one of my favorites. But, it sure as hell is no Herlocker’s.

I took my wife-to-be to Herlockers on our first date (after tennis at the old courts). Told her that I owned half-interest in the place and that was all it took! It was certainly the first "institution" of old UNC-C.

:lol:

Does she still believe you own 1/2 interest? LOL, your wife after driving by: “What are we going to do now??? Our empire is crumbling!!! Oh, well… glad we still own a controlling interest of Bank of America.”

I heard this story many years ago and would like to pass it along: In the sixties, the original owner of Herlockers was extremely popular among the students in school here. He died about the same time the high rise dorms were bieng built. The stidents made a concerted effort to have a dorm named after him. The dorms were named for governers instead, and for years the students refered to them by the year they were built, as a tribute to Mr. Herlocker. That was before my association with UNCC, but I do remember the dorms being refered to by numbers in the low 70s.

Funny… I couldn’t tell you anything about any of those governors. But, I sure as heck know who Mr. Herlocker is.

[QUOTE=gamer;239454]I heard this story many years ago and would like to pass it along:
In the sixties, the original owner of Herlockers was extremely popular among the students in school here. He died about the same time the high rise dorms were bieng built. The stidents made a concerted effort to have a dorm named after him. The dorms were named for governers instead, and for years the students refered to them by the year they were built, as a tribute to Mr. Herlocker.
That was before my association with UNCC, but I do remember the dorms being refered to by numbers in the low 70s.[/QUOTE]
Scott & Holshouser were in fact called '72 and '73 (I think those were the years). Hunt Village was completed for the Spring '77 semester but was called the Phase I apartments at that time. Phase II became Martin Village and Phase 3 never received a name.

Phase 3 received the name “Smurf Village”

I know someone who went to the Cookout by Concord Mills and his Girlfriend found a press-on nail in her fries, and the Guy found a plastic wrapper embedded in the burger. I will never spend one dime at a Cookout.

I LOVE Cookout.

If this cookout is going where I think it is, its a very short drunken walk from Saucer, and a short drunken walk from the Boardwalk. If they even light up those trails through the woods, its could be a walk from campus to cookout too.

[QUOTE=HP49er;239397]Someone please get me a brick from Herlockers (but I’d have loved a stool!). [/QUOTE]

Sorry HP… I did ride by there on the way home yesterday - hoping to fulfill your wish - but they had already cleared out the debris.