The Dewhurst block

I saw him at Hamā€™s later that night and I had to go up to him and drop the ā€œthat was definitely the play of the year for Charlotteā€

SICK BLOCK

Matt got amped on the radio too! (I was sitting opposite the Yahoo camera).

:ohmy: Iā€™m not believing that

somebody has got to find a way to post it on youtube

clt wants the dewberry vid

If anyone wants to let me use their yahoo login, I will attempt to record the game and upload it this weekend.

[QUOTE=Banks;285470]Watching it from up top, you could see the play developing. Once the St. Joeā€™s player got as far as the 3-pt line, Dewey was stalking him like a cat; I flashed back to the Clemson block. Iā€™ll say it again-- one of those blocks should end up in the ā€˜Right here, right nowā€™ vid.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. You could see it coming long before it happened, but it was still incredible.

That will rank very close to my all-time favorite block in Halton, but itā€™s hard to say it will pass it. Versile Shaw came from behind Sunday Adebayo of Memphis in 1997 and swatted a sure dunk into the tunnel below Section 126. Adebayo already had both hands on the ball and had it behind his head for a power slam before Versile rejected it. I would like to see both to compare.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;285762]Charles was the guest player on LL. Matt asked him what he thought about the Chuck Dewberry nickname. He said it was cool, was glad everyone was having fun with it. Said his Uncle called him after the CLemson game and told him about it. Now heā€™s hearing it from the students.

He said he hoped the local players would see they can beat ACC teams and stay in Charlotteā€¦when talking about the Clemson win.[/QUOTE]

I love the Charlotte connection. Dewā€™s best friendā€™s younger brother is my sonā€™s best friend. They love hangin with them in the offseason shooting around in the driveway. Scott was ballboy again the other night under the basket where Dew packed that guyā€¦he went nuts even though heā€™s not supposed to.

Props to gotlutz for finding this on News 14ā€™s site. Picture and video of block.

http://news14.com/content/sports/591970/dewhurst-stepping-up-for-charlotte/Default.aspx

[QUOTE=ChevEE;286296]Props to gotlutz for finding this on News 14ā€™s site. Picture and video of block.

http://news14.com/content/sports/591970/dewhurst-stepping-up-for-charlotte/Default.aspx[/QUOTE]

sick. I need to turn that into an animated gif.

that wasnā€™t a block. it was a jam. a dewberry jam.

only one person would DARE give me the dewberry.

LONESTAR!