The EV news thread šŸ”Œ

I worry more about idiots doing 1 sec 0-60s in my neighborhood with kids running around. Giant bullet.

1 Like

Iā€™m the biggest EV advocate on this board. Iā€™m a total EVangelist (harr harr). But counter to what people would expect, I think the gas car bans and EV incentives are totally unnecessary. People will eventually choose the superior product. Like, would there ever need to be a ban on flip phones or rotary phones in order to drive smart phone adoption? As charging infrastructure is built out and battery costs come down, gas cars will be the new flip phones. Yeah there will be some stodgy old holdouts, and hobbyists like Rob, but the vast majority will switch to the product that is objectively better on all metrics. Iā€™m a left-leaning EV nut, and I actually cringe at some of these bans and incentives. This isnā€™t 2013, they donā€™t need the extra push any more. There are lots of high quality EVā€™s with TONS of demand, just let them dominate on their own merits instead of creating YET ANOTHER culture war wedge, God knows we donā€™t need any more.

2 Likes

Engadget: Ford will open Mustang Mach-E orders for the 2023 model year next week.

Crazy that this kind of thing is major news.

Go on to the next charger or else go home. These people clearly have nothing better to do. You donā€™t have to charge a Tesla at one of their proprietary super chargers. You can go to any charger, including a home one. A lot of the EVGO and other branded chargers are 150kw now, so itā€™s not even really much slower.

This reminds me of this scene from LA story:

These people are ridiculous.

Charging a car at a charging facility like this is NOT the model for EVs. They are supposed to be charged at home. Americans just cannot shake the gas station mindset.

I also noticed that the location for this charging station is not given out. Probably because 10 seconds of google could return a dozen other charging stations a stoneā€™s throw away.

1 Like

clt says Honda and Toyota are WAY behind

1 Like

LOL Iā€™m collecting all my dream analog ICE rides now.

1 Like

The world is adding more cars.

I know more people now than ever who donā€™t own a car. They walk or order uber and if they are going further they rent a car. It is weird mindset to me since I enjoy driving. Definitely a mind shift. Hell my 11 year old is asking for a golf cart not a car. She said I will be able to golf cart anywhere in Belmont and take light rail to charlotte if I need it.

The self driving piece whenever that arrives is going to be wild.

People in the us may be buying fewer cars but in China and India the middle class is buying them up.

China will be interesting to watch. Their cities are getting choked with pollution and with a communist govt they can just stop car sales or mandate EVs.

clt says Ubers are great when you want to have a few zimas on the course and 19th hole

Californiaā€™s asinine law will hopefully NOT apply to Virginia if our governor has any say in the matter. Heā€™s trying to get us out of that horrible state law. For some reason, the former governor thought subjecting Virginians to California law was a good thing. Good thing heā€™s gone.

3 Likes

Cali gonna Cali