The joke that is ECU basketball

In those last 11 games we beat…

#28 UAB
#31 Memphis
#59 UTEP
#69 UCF

and went 2-1 in the CUSA tourny beating the top seed.

These are the rankings of the teams we lost too.

We lost to Jacksonville in OT after Brock blew out his knee on 2 days rest after the CUSA tourny. We didn’t have a PG for that last game with Memphis or Jacksonville.

So in the final 12 games, we played 10 of our last 12 vs top 80 teams. Our record was 6-6 and 5-5 vs the top 80. That is a pretty damn good competiton and a solid finish.

You should post how you finished the year…

Difference is we know our season was worthless and we’re not trying to defend it.

You’re just polishing a turd.

It was one of the biggest turnaround in college basketball in our coach’s first year, that alone is excitement worthy, as is beating so many quality teams. You guys had one of the biggest turnarounds in the opposite direction in your coaches first year. You couldn’t polish it if you tried.

Difference is we know our season was worthless and we're not trying to defend it.

Come on J, last year was an epic season for ECU Basketball. It’s the best turd they’ve laid in that sport.

Man, and I thought our schedule sucked…

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:24, topic:25660”]

Difference is we know our season was worthless and we’re not trying to defend it.

Come on J, last year was an epic season for ECU Basketball. It’s the best turd they’ve laid in that sport.[/quote]

Don’t worry, LEBO IS GOD! But he would never leave G-Ville to go back to his kingdom, because you know, his family loves it there.

[quote=“J Felt, post:22, topic:25660”]Difference is we know our season was worthless and we’re not trying to defend it.

You’re just polishing a turd.[/quote]

We aren’t talking about us tho. Not one of us is trying to say we did anything good last year. We are talking about your team and your delusional perception and spinning of it.

All I have ever said about last year is we made big strides, and that we have an NIT caliber team returning this year. How is that delousional when we finished the year beating the kinds of teams we did. The real key to the late success and improvement that doesn’t really show up is how different of a player Morrow was late in the year after he lost 30 pounds from when we played you. The 4 games in the postseason he averaged 20ppg and 14rpg. We have a big time post player who is now in shape and ready to have a big senior year.

Let’s put the end of our season in perspective a little more. The last time you went to the NCAA was in 2005. That entire year you beat 5 teams that finished in the top 70 total. We beat 5 that finished in the top 70 in the last 12 games, and had 2 more as well a few weeks earlier. You guys had one win in the top 45 vs #24 Cincy that year. We beat #28 UAB and #31 Memphis.

To say we did nothing or are polishing a turd is a joke. We had a lot of quality wins and played a brutal SOS last year. We also beat you in 2005 when we sucked and you went to the NCAA’s, so that just shows you that one game means very little to how a season goes.

The 7 top 70 wins was more than either of your last 2 NCAA teams. I suspect it was more than the other two this decade as well, but I couldn’t find the data. Either way you get the idea.

“The best turnaround in the nation” resulted in a loss AT HOME in a tourney you paid to play in.

Maybe at UNC-LEBO that’s something to hang your hat on, but at Charlotte, that’s a turd. Not even a floater.

I’m not sure when beating top 70 teams became a big deal.
Look you won 18 games. 3 were against d2 teams and two were against scupstate and nccu.

The conference was weak as the ncaa’s proved and you went .500 catching nearly all your wins against the rice’s and ucf’s of the league.

Here’s the deal: your positive 2010-2011 would have been a bad Charlotte season.
Your program is mediocre in a two beat basketball league and this won’t change no matter how many games you play against UVA-wise.

Only at ECU can a .500 record with multiple blow out losses and a first round CIT tourny loss to an atlantic sun team be considered a strong finish.

I’m not sure when beating top 70 teams became a big deal.
Look you won 18 games. 3 were against d2 teams and two were against scupstate and nccu.

The conference was weak as the ncaa’s proved and you went .500 catching nearly all your wins against the rice’s and ucf’s of the league.

Here’s the deal: your positive 2010-2011 would have been a bad Charlotte season.
Your program is mediocre in a two bit basketball league and this won’t change no matter how many games you play against UVA-wise.

I’m sober and ECU is still the buttest.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:21, topic:25660”]We lost to Jacksonville in OT after Brock blew out his knee on 2 days rest after the CUSA tourny. We didn’t have a PG for that last game with Memphis or Jacksonville.

So in the final 12 games, we played 10 of our last 12 vs top 80 teams. Our record was 6-6 and 5-5 vs the top 80. That is a pretty damn good competiton and a solid finish.

You should post how you finished the year…[/quote]

Sure! From our worse season ever…in our last 6 losses we lost by an average of 12 points. Compared to ECU’s ave loss of 15 points I guessed we actually finished the season stronger than ECU.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:30, topic:25660”]To say we did nothing or are polishing a turd is a joke. We had a lot of quality wins and played a brutal SOS last year. We also beat you in 2005 when we sucked and you went to the NCAA’s, so that just shows you that one game means very little to how a season goes.

The 7 top 70 wins was more than either of your last 2 NCAA teams. I suspect it was more than the other two this decade as well, but I couldn’t find the data. Either way you get the idea.[/quote]

The idea I get is that the top 70 teams you played must have been overrated. Perhaps you beat some decent teams. But you got blown out in most of your losses. That doesn’t equal finishing the season strong.

By the way, bringing up injuries on this board will get you very little credibility. We only had 7 guys on the roster when we lost by 1.

Apples and oranges. You want to talk about schedules, look at our SOS’s last year and especially the last of the season. You didn’t play anywhere near the level of competition we did. As I showed you didn’t even beat the level of competition we did when you were last an NCAA team years ago.

The fact is we beat more high quality teams the last 2 months of the year than you even did when you were actually going to the NCAA. This team is more than capable of building a strong NCAA resume. Hell we had a damn strong list of quality wins last year, just in the last 12 games alone. The CUSA tourny run was special. You guys didn’t even make your tourny and you are going to try to make that arguement.

I think your point is, we were going to the NCAAs and you weren’t. I get it now.

You were the one who asked if I wanted to compare our last season. So I did. With one of our worst teams ever, our margin in losses was lower than ECU’s.

There you go arguing with yourself again. Nobody is making an argument about our tournament. Everybody on here says we blew last year.

Again, ECU must have different standards. Maybe the tourney run was special for you guys. But get back to us after you have 3 CUSA Championships!