The joke that is ECU basketball

Alright StillJackingoff, defend this abortion/abomination of a schedule:

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/ecu-m-baskbl-sched.html

Milligan College? Chowan? UVA-Who? Coker?

That is an embarrassment and Lebooooooooooo should be ashamed of himself.

BTW, how many Top 150 guys do you have verbals for? Oh that’s right, zero.

Program on the rise.

HA HA HA

The floor is yours ButtPirate - response?

Who ever made bets, you better set that money aside now. The only question is what seed they will be.

What tournament are they trying to get an at-large bid for? DII?

Has this board become only a place to hate on other teams?

Hey, Miss Bonnie went to Coker.

I don’t think she played on their men’s basketball team. Continue the hating.

Lebo said on the radio he had 48 calls last year of teams wanting to play. He said had one this year. I think that says a lot about how much our respect has improved the coaching community and a lot of teams won’t play us now.

I can’t defend this years OOC schedule. It’s pathetic, and I’m pissed because we have an NIT caliber team that could possibly get in some bubble talks with some smart scheduling. You guys are the home “marquee” OOC game and were 225 RPI. It’s embarrassing top to bottom.

The only saving grace this season we play on the eastern side of CUSA which is very strong, and will get each of those teams twice. Memphis, Marshall, UAB, UCF and USM were all top 65 teams last year so we still have something to work with. We had the #41 SOS out of 345 teams last year so chances are we still have a decent overall SOS because of the divison we play in.

Holland has got Wake, NC State, and Clemson in our basketball arena in the last 3 years, so he’s done good things in the past in basketball scheduling, but he’s about to get a lot of backlash because no one is happy with this garbage, especially if it keeps us out of postseason which very well could happen.

I’m sorry to inform you that if you miss the postseason…

…it won’t be because of your piss-poor schedule.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:9, topic:25660”]I’m sorry to inform you that if you miss the postseason…

…it won’t be because of your piss-poor schedule.[/quote]

You are welcome to your opinion, but we were a top 100 team last year and had 8 top 70 wins which was more than some at large NCAA teams had, so it’s not like we have a long ways to go to get into the NIT… We were playing more like a top 50 team the last 3 weeks when Morrow was finally healthy and in beast mode, and beat Memphis, UTEP, UAB, and UCF and made a run in the CUSA tourny. Finished strong like you like to see. We are still are going to have a very good year year.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:10, topic:25660”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:9, topic:25660”]I’m sorry to inform you that if you miss the postseason…

You are welcome to your opinion, but we were a top 100 team last year and had 8 top 70 wins which was more than some at large NCAA teams had, so it’s not like we have a long ways to go to get into the NIT… We were playing more like a top 50 team the last 3 weeks when Morrow was finally healthy and in beast mode, and beat Memphis, UTEP, UAB, and UCF and made a run in the CUSA tourny. Finished strong like you like to see. We are still are going to have a very good year year.[/quote]

You are welcome to your opinion. But ECU is going to be trash in basketball. Forever. I think it’s written in The Bible, Quran, or maybe it’s The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:10, topic:25660”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:9, topic:25660”]I’m sorry to inform you that if you miss the postseason…

You are welcome to your opinion, but we were a top 100 team last year and had 8 top 70 wins which was more than some at large NCAA teams had,[/quote]

You also managed to split with what will go down in history as one of the worst Niner teams in the last 20 years. And the win was at the last second at home.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:11, topic:25660”][quote=“StillJonesing, post:10, topic:25660”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:9, topic:25660”]I’m sorry to inform you that if you miss the postseason…

You are welcome to your opinion, but we were a top 100 team last year and had 8 top 70 wins which was more than some at large NCAA teams had, so it’s not like we have a long ways to go to get into the NIT… We were playing more like a top 50 team the last 3 weeks when Morrow was finally healthy and in beast mode, and beat Memphis, UTEP, UAB, and UCF and made a run in the CUSA tourny. Finished strong like you like to see. We are still are going to have a very good year year.[/quote]

You are welcome to your opinion. But ECU is going to be trash in basketball. Forever. I think it’s written in The Bible, Quran, or maybe it’s The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.[/quote]

ZING!

I wanted to call the ridiculous spin before it got posted, but oh well. The dude’s as bad as Bill O’Reilly.

Yes, yes, it’s the schedule that might keep you out of post season. Right. Yes, an NIT caliber team mhm… It’s embarrassing to have us as the marquee home game because of last years RPI, yet the past doesn’t count. Right, right. And the RPI means everything.

Also everyone, Iran is a threat and the US economy isn’t so bad.

Is this board just a place to hate on other teams now?
No. Go look at all the other threads. Last time I was on, we were celebrating our Top 150 commit. It just so happens that we have one and ECU doesn't, and some delusional nutjob insists on posting here about how his ECU team matters.

So? We beat 2 Dwade top 10 teams when we sucked. It’s basketball and one game means little. You guys were the worst team we lost to by far last year, and it was early in the year. It’s hard to argue we weren’t improved over the year and playing our best ball by the end like you want, and had a strong showing in our conference tourny. Talking about us and postseason, are you guys going to make your conference tourney this year and get to any postseason?

The previous year with many of the same players and the same coach returning is still very relevant to whats going on and what you can expect this year. 5 years ago under, different coaches, conference situations, and a generation and an half of players graduating through the program… not so much.

Your team last year, with the amazing RPI that means so much, had a losing record and lost in the first game of a tournament it paid to be in… at home. Expecting great things! Oh, and it split a series with us, a series in which we still did better - and this was our worst team in ~30 years. Wowza! Really looking up!

I’m drunk and ECU is still the buttest

I guess ECU has a different standard on finishing strong. This is from the last 11 games.

2/12/11 - 13 point loss to Marshall at home
2/16/11 - 19 point loss to Tulsa
2/19/11 - 17 point loss to Southern Miss
3/5/11 - 18 point loss to UAB
3/11/11 - 20 point loss to Memphis
3/15/11 - 5 point loss to Jacksonville

So in their last 11 games they were 5-6, and lost by an average of 15 points in those 6 losses.

[quote=“Normmm, post:18, topic:25660”]I guess ECU has a different standard on finishing strong. This is from the last 11 games.

So in their last 11 games they were 5-6, and lost by an average of 15 points in those 6 losses.[/quote]

I’d say that’s finishing strong! That last loss was only by single digits!

LEBO IS GOD!

[quote=“J Felt, post:19, topic:25660”][quote=“Normmm, post:18, topic:25660”]I guess ECU has a different standard on finishing strong. This is from the last 11 games.

So in their last 11 games they were 5-6, and lost by an average of 15 points in those 6 losses.[/quote]

I’d say that’s finishing strong! That last loss was only by single digits!

LEBO IS GOD![/quote]

Hell yeah! Dude… if they’d played Memphis in the beginning of the year, they’d have lost by 50!

FINISH STRONG!