The Majerus, Mitchell, and Reed "Soap Opera" at Saint Louis

[quote=“Tenniner, post:20, topic:24079”]Reed gone for certain…

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/article_f841bd84-9dde-5ed3-b92a-e5e102af552c.html[/quote]
That didn’t take long

This is an unfortunate situation for all those involved and it may hurt the overall strength of the league, but in all honesty, if there is one less expected contender for one of those top 4 byes to AC and it increases the chances of us getting one, I cannot complain.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking reading this.

Latest on the Saint Louis soap opera…

STLToday.com: Reed close to returning to SLU, father says

Just in time for conference play, so they can upset one or two of the frontrunners.

Could this season have been scripted any worse for the A10?

I’m thinking 2 bids if we’re lucky.

Well, what if Spears, KJ and Dew all came back at the start of conference? Then we could be the people ruining the conference. I would be okay with that.

We would be. Thats why I was taking a view of the conference as a whole.

I figure Voncina will be ruled eligible the day after our last non conference game, and Spears will probably come back then too. Just in time to wreck the A10. Good for us, bad for the league.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:26, topic:24079”]We would be. Thats why I was taking a view of the conference as a whole.

I figure Voncina will be ruled eligible the day after our last non conference game, and Spears will probably come back then too. Just in time to wreck the A10. Good for us, bad for the league.[/quote]

I’m all for the good of the league, unless we benefit from the league’s pain.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:27, topic:24079”]I’m all for the good of the league, unless we benefit from the league’s pain.[/quote] We might benefit in the short term, while long term making things worse, since I think this is the year the A10 t.v. deal gets negotiated. After last year, a follow-up decent showing could’ve made some difference with whether we ever see A10 games on national t.v.

On the other hand, a really bad year for the Niners this year probably slows the rebuilding of the program. I just wish all these other teams in the A10 weren’t getting thrashed by injuries and suspensions at the very same time.

I still think the league as a whole will be about as tough this year as last year overall, just that the teams at the top will be worse and the teams at the bottom better (Umass, Bonnies, LaSalle, St. Joes, and Fordham all improved, and URI and SLU better once all their players get back).

JUAN BID.

He’s looming. I hope we can collectively escape him. That would be disastrous for the TV deal.

[quote=“9erken, post:28, topic:24079”][quote=“Powerbait, post:27, topic:24079”]I’m all for the good of the league, unless we benefit from the league’s pain.[/quote] We might benefit in the short term, while long term making things worse, since I think this is the year the A10 t.v. deal gets negotiated. After last year, a follow-up decent showing could’ve made some difference with whether we ever see A10 games on national t.v.

On the other hand, a really bad year for the Niners this year probably slows the rebuilding of the program. I just wish all these other teams in the A10 weren’t getting thrashed by injuries and suspensions at the very same time.

I still think the league as a whole will be about as tough this year as last year overall, just that the teams at the top will be worse and the teams at the bottom better (Umass, Bonnies, LaSalle, St. Joes, and Fordham all improved, and URI and SLU better once all their players get back).[/quote]

One bad year won’t hurt and we have enough goodwill with the NCAA tournament committee that we’ll get a couple of bids. Us coming in and dominating the conference would be one of the best things that could happen though. We’re a program the A-10 needs to be successful. Xavier, Temple, Dayton and Charlotte can be marquee names. Richmond is on their way, but trust me, the A-10 offices would love to have a team that had national recognition get back into the limelight over one that has to build that name.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:30, topic:24079”][quote=“9erken, post:28, topic:24079”][quote=“Powerbait, post:27, topic:24079”]I’m all for the good of the league, unless we benefit from the league’s pain.[/quote] We might benefit in the short term, while long term making things worse, since I think this is the year the A10 t.v. deal gets negotiated. After last year, a follow-up decent showing could’ve made some difference with whether we ever see A10 games on national t.v.

I still think the league as a whole will be about as tough this year as last year overall, just that the teams at the top will be worse and the teams at the bottom better (Umass, Bonnies, LaSalle, St. Joes, and Fordham all improved, and URI and SLU better once all their players get back).[/quote]

One bad year won’t hurt and we have enough goodwill with the NCAA tournament committee that we’ll get a couple of bids. Us coming in and dominating the conference would be one of the best things that could happen though. We’re a program the A-10 needs to be successful. Xavier, Temple, Dayton and Charlotte can be marquee names. Richmond is on their way, but trust me, the A-10 offices would love to have a team that had national recognition get back into the limelight over one that has to build that name.[/quote] We have national attention???

Your jedi tense tricks won’t work on me, lucky57.

[quote=“lucky57, post:31, topic:24079”][quote=“Powerbait, post:30, topic:24079”][quote=“9erken, post:28, topic:24079”][quote=“Powerbait, post:27, topic:24079”]I’m all for the good of the league, unless we benefit from the league’s pain.[/quote] We might benefit in the short term, while long term making things worse, since I think this is the year the A10 t.v. deal gets negotiated. After last year, a follow-up decent showing could’ve made some difference with whether we ever see A10 games on national t.v.

One bad year won’t hurt and we have enough goodwill with the NCAA tournament committee that we’ll get a couple of bids. Us coming in and dominating the conference would be one of the best things that could happen though. We’re a program the A-10 needs to be successful. Xavier, Temple, Dayton and Charlotte can be marquee names. Richmond is on their way, but trust me, the A-10 offices would love to have a team that had national recognition get back into the limelight over one that has to build that name.[/quote] We have national attention???[/quote]

We had.

Reed looking to rejoin Saint Louis.

STLToday.com: Reed turns in paperwork for reinstatement

What Run49er? The SLU players sexually assaulted you? :))

Mitchell back on team, with NCAA approval pending for him to actually suit up again. Won’t be surprised to see him redshirt at this point when all is said and done (ditto for Reed if he is reinstated as well).

ESPN.com: SLU readmits PG Kwamain Mitchell

Meanwhile, Majerus still out and will miss at least 3 games following the injury he suffered during the Bowling Green game.

STLToday.com: [b]Majerus misses being with Billikens

Majerus can’t say for sure when he’ll be back[/b]

Just reading that RM is back on the sidelines after missing 3 games due to a leg infection per the injury he suffered during the SLU-Bowling Green game on New Year’s Day.

Mitchell has been cleared by NCAA, but RM says he’s not in game shape so won’t play tonight against Fordham at the Izod Center.

STLToday.com: Majerus says Mitchell won’t play

He should just RS unless that is not an option. It’d be silly to waste a year of eligibility this late into the season.

Just read on CCT that Mitchell will indeed be a RS this season. Still no word on Reed.