The new 3

[QUOTE=3ball;245958]Try using punctuation, they will be impressed.[/QUOTE]

not really. it isn’t that big of a deal on this message board.

Yes i agree Harris is fast you should see him with a ball he is fast also this is just in from a good source since uncc has not given Harris a Scholarship Ohio State Assistant coach and Southern FL head coach have called harris to ask about a deal..has bobby messed up by not giving harris a scholar ship yet?

I believe it. This kid is WAY too talented to be a walk-on. We need to give him a scholarship before it’s too late. I dont care what he said in interviews, a full ride is hard to pass up.

Trust me I have it on a even better source that we have nothing to worry about. Dijuan is a man of his word, and if he claims to love Charlotte as much as he does and wants to be here no matter what then i’ll believe him.

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;246052]Trust me I have it on a even better source that we have nothing to worry about. Dijuan is a man of his word, and if he claims to love Charlotte as much as he does and wants to be here no matter what then i’ll believe him.[/QUOTE]

Which might even be a better reason to give him the scholarship. Why not reward loyalty instead of disloyalty?

I was deeply concerned that there was a problem with him. But I’m starting to soften my position…

Attitude? check
Academics? check
Gym rat? check
Equal or better in talent as former players Pino Pipes, Ousseynou Kane, and Dimingus Bundy? probably

eh, save the kid some money. It’s not a bad position to take a gamble.

Its not like Harris is paying out of state tuition. His parents sent him to a private Christian academy. So I would imagine that can foot the bill for his first year here.

Can anyone post the youtube links for the new guys so I can take a look?

Man, you guys came unglued for about 15 posts… This legend guy is just rattling the cage and you guys start jumping. Why? He has no credebility. First of all, the guy can’t count. Look at the title of the thread. Second, think about it… If Harris were at a level to get offers from Ohio State, why would the only other school mentioned be USF? And why would he only be walking on here? Trust the judgement of the coaches. There is something else going on and Harris will 'don the green and white. [B]:Cheesy packman signoff:[/B] And you can sleep on that! [B]:/Cheesy packman signoff:[/B] :thumbsup:

Man, you guys came unglued for about 15 posts... This legend guy is just rattling the cage and you guys start jumping. Why? He has no credebility. First of all, the guy can't count. Look at the title of the thread. Second, think about it... If Harris were at a level to get offers from Ohio State, why would the only other school mentioned be USF? And why would he only be walking on here? Trust the judgement of the coaches. There is something else going on and Harris will 'don the green and white. [B]:Cheesy packman signoff:[/B] And you can sleep on that! [B]:/Cheesy packman signoff:[/B] :thumbsup:

Harris is not going to Ohio State. Thad Matta is not the kind of character that would swipe a Charlotte recruit in July. Besides, he’s probably too busy getting verbals for his 2010 class. :wink:

Still, I’m growing more and more inclined to give Harris a scholarship. If we give one now, we’ll likely have 2 open scholarships for a couple 4 year guys in 2008. If we wait until 2008, we’ll still have 2 open schollies for 2008 (assuming Harris is rewarded). The only difference is that in the first scenario, Harris would not have to pay for college.

The reason I was so reluctant for so long is that I wanted to see why Harris was only being offered scholarships from mid-majors. Comparing how Harris has looked in summer league to how most high school kids look in their recruiting vids - I’d agree that Harris looks just as deserving of a scholarship. I’d have no problem either way at this point.

Man, you guys came unglued for about 15 posts... This legend guy is just rattling the cage and you guys start jumping. Why? He has no credebility. First of all, the guy can't count. Look at the title of the thread. Second, think about it... If Harris were at a level to get offers from Ohio State, why would the only other school mentioned be USF? And why would he only be walking on here? Trust the judgement of the coaches. There is something else going on and Harris will 'don the green and white. [B]:Cheesy packman signoff:[/B] And you can sleep on that! [B]:/Cheesy packman signoff:[/B] :thumbsup:

From that post, it looks like you hacve not been following Niners basketball for very long. Anyone who has been following the program for 8+ years knows that Harris leaving at the last second is exactly the type of thing that happens every single offseason. We have the worst offseason luck of any D1 program, I am convinced of that. I hope Harris stays, but it would not surprise me in the least bit if he bolted sometime soon… it’s just the kind of thing we have to deal with every year.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;246136]From that post, it looks like you hacve not been following Niners basketball for very long. Anyone who has been following the program for 8+ years knows that Harris leaving at the last second is [I]exactly[/I] the type of thing that happens every single offseason. We have the worst offseason luck of any D1 program, I am convinced of that. I hope Harris stays, but it would not surprise me in the least bit if he bolted sometime soon… it’s just the kind of thing we have to deal with every year.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I’ve been here all along. I just don’t think this legend guy has near the credibility. Trust me, I know the off-season misfortune that has defied all laws of statistical probability. I just don’t believe Harris to be the type to leave and think this guy is yanking the chains around.

Yea its funny you think that i dont have the creditbillity that u think i do but i know harris way better and on a personal level and yea Ohio state has contacted him and fl so what are u trying to say ****ty schools cant try for him you need to start puttin some thought into this scholarship deal before a real ACC team gets involed he already has connections with former ACC players the Acc is only a phone call away…care tp question my credit now…Jason4life knows him well 2 but anyones mind can change when a full ride is in the playing feild

Ignoring all of uncclegend’s banter, the kid deserves a scholarship. You know who doesn’t? Phaler, Barnett, Carlos Williams, David Booker, et al.

Yea its funny you think that i dont have the creditbillity that u think i do but i know harris way better and on a personal level and yea Ohio state has contacted him and fl so what are u trying to say ****ty schools cant try for him you need to start puttin some thought into this scholarship deal before a real ACC team gets involed he already has connections with former ACC players the Acc is only a phone call away..care tp question my credit now..Jason4life knows him well 2 but anyones mind can change when a full ride is in the playing feild

Alright Phil, convince him to stay. Please.

[QUOTE=eason49;246329]Ignoring all of uncclegend’s banter, the kid deserves a scholarship. You know who doesn’t? Phaler, Barnett, Carlos Williams, David Booker, et al.[/QUOTE]
I definitely agree that he deserves a scholarship.

Ignoring all of uncclegend's banter, the kid deserves a scholarship. You know who doesn't? Phaler, Barnett, Carlos Williams, David Booker, et al.

WTF? Carlos williams was like the #2 rated JUCO player in the nation, Booker was top 150, and Phaler was a top 75 kid who signed with UCLA. If you were the coach, would you not have gone after them?Hndsight is always 20/20. Yeah looking back on it now, Booker and Carlos were busts, but Phaler at least shows flashes of being a solid role player.

And Barnett? How many times have you seen him play? He was the starting shooting guard on arguably the best team in the state. Maybe he is a “work in progress”, but how the hell does he not deserve his scholarship?

I agree with giving Dijuan a scholarship.

Keep in mind eason, Carlos looked phenomenal in the summer league too, I watched him play in it. I’m sure Dijuan is ten times the player Carlos is, but you can’t say “oh but Dijuan is doing awesome so far, he’s going to be better than Carlos.”

i agree but the school does not seem to want to give him a scholarship for some reason and he is good i agree but if we dont do it soon other options might come up

This seems like it might be a relative of Dijuans. And if it is I would be doing the same thing for a relative of mine, trying to sell him up to get a scholarship. But I assure you, Bobby will not change his opinion by so called threats or ultimatums. In fact, Dijuan will only get in Bobby’s dog house if this is the case. Ask Carlos how that went for him?

Also, what do you mean “before some real ACC school comes calling”? Opposed to a “pretend” ACC school. Or are you referring to Charlotte as being a ACC wanna be school?

Although I believe you are trying to help Dijuan. Some of your comments are actually hurting him.

I only know of one true uncclegend… and that is Cornbread! Cedric, is that you buddy?

[QUOTE=Normmm;246417]what do you mean “before some real ACC school comes calling”? Opposed to a “pretend” ACC school. Or are you referring to Charlotte as being a ACC wanna be school?[/QUOTE]
I really hope their fans are reading this… By “real ACC school” I think he means someone other than [B]WAKE FOREST[/B] and (for my buddy in the office next to mine) [B]FLORIDA STATE[/B]. :biggrin:

no realations to dijuan i just think he is a really good point gaurd that could bring lots of excitment to this school and maybe bring back spirit…yes reall acc schools not Wake Forest he will make a joke out of them soon