The new 3

so im sure everyone has had time to either watch them play or atleast catch the highlights on youtube what do you think they will do for our team and do you think they are going to help or hurt us?

Which 3? Are you talking about basketball? We have like 49 new guys, all of them with tons of potential.

I thought maybe the Niners signed Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Which 3? Are you talking about basketball? We have like 49 new guys, all of them with tons of potential.

haha EXACTLY what I was thinking. If you want to include Dewhurst, we have 9 new players.

[QUOTE=eason49;245699]Which 3? Are you talking about basketball? We have like 49 new guys, all of them with tons of potential.[/QUOTE]

I think Uncle gend is referring to Phil, Wilderness, and Ngoundjo (or Harris).

My first impression was that the players seemed to have the strengths and weaknesses I sort of expected. I’m not quick to annoint any of them as the next great Charlotte superstar but I’m not quick to call anyone duds either. I don’t think Phil will have impressives stats in his first year, but he’ll help out a ton. He’ll force the opposition to make adjustments on both offense and defense. I had questions on whether Wilderness could play the 4 and he seemed to answer that question in the vids. If he can play hard-nosed defense, he’ll be a tough person to take off the court. Ngoundjo is less raw than I expected. I think he’ll make a great center. Harris is a total speedster that should be able contribute in the right situations. That’s good news for Leemire, who seemed to get tired and worn out towards the end of the 1st half last year. Jury’s out on Barnett, obviously. A redshirt is looking more and more appropriate.

Now Mack, Coley, and Dewhurst need to step in and show what they can do. In my mind, there’s no gap between Coley and Dewhurst on the depth chart for small foward. I’m curious who will emerge as the better of the two. Coley is the one I’m the most anxious to see. If his leap is to be believed, then he’d be the perfect complement PF to Phil’s C for snagging loose rebounds. But I gotta see it to believe it.

[QUOTE=survivor45;245704]Harris is a total speedster that should be able contribute in the right situations. That’s good news for Leemire, who seemed to get tired and worn out towards the end of the 1st half last year.[/QUOTE]

Id love to see Lee actually get to play most of his minutes at the 2. I think he could have been as good as Jobey or Demon or Plavich had he had the kind of players around him that those guys did. Hopefully in his last year, he’ll get a chance to get some open looks at the two consistantly.

[QUOTE=4t9er;245706]Id love to see Lee actually get to play most of his minutes at the 2. I think he could have been as good as Jobey or Demon or Plavich had he had the kind of players around him that those guys did. Hopefully in his last year, he’ll get a chance to get some open looks at the two consistantly.[/QUOTE]

I’d be surprised and disappointed if Goldwire doesn’t play exclusively at the 2 once Gerrity arrives in mid-December. Until then, I’m sure we’ll see plenty of Goldwire & Ian playing together in the backcourt.

Yea i was referring to Phil Anjuan and Gaby and sure we can include Harris. I have gotten a chance to watch a few of the games and i think that harris is a standout for sure. His impressive match up aginst the duo of felton and co he played a great game. He has shown speeds that charlotte has not seen in a while. Wilderness harris and jones have a great chemistry that can be seen on and off the court (no homo)…

Wilderness has a great virtical and shows a great attuide on the court. he is always out there hustlin his butt off. He can work on a few control issues but overall he is a great contender.

Gaby has shown that he can gaurd some of the best. His “D” is his main role. He showed a few dribbling issues and Offensive moves but can block a shot in the paint when weak side help is needed.

Phill deff needs to drive more to the hole on open looks. He has a “T=Mac” shot from the baseline but for momentive reasons he needs to slam a few of them down. The coaches have not been playing him that much in the summer league for reasons i am not sure of but he deff has a good chance with harris dishing shot and drives to him all game.

I have gotten a chance to watch a few of the games and i think that harris is a standout for sure. His impressive match up aginst the duo of felton and co he played a great game. He has shown speeds that charlotte has not seen in a while.

No offense, I hope Harris is awesome, I really do, but the “speeds that Charlotte has not seen in a while”, was Mitchell Baldwin (“Fastest man with a basketball in his hands” as Bobby Lutz said) two years ago, who I know personally was a blow by you type of guy. I realy hope that he gets the offense and defense, and doesnt get hurt like Mitch did.

Wilderness harris and jones have a great chemistry that can be seen on and off the court (no homo)...

Wow, what grade are we in? You have to say “no homo” after stating that our players show good chemistry?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;245733]Wow, what grade are we in? You have to say “no homo” after stating that our players show good chemistry?[/QUOTE]
QFT. The fresh blood is exciting. The scoreboard may be a little painful to follow, but I think it will pay off in the next year or two.

Yes i agree Harris is fast you should see him with a ball he is fast also this is just in from a good source since uncc has not given Harris a Scholarship Ohio State Assistant coach and Southern FL head coach have called harris to ask about a deal…has bobby messed up by not giving harris a scholar ship yet?

has bobby messed up by not giving harris a scholar ship yet?

That depends on your definition of “messed up”. If a Plavich or Alexander or Phil Jones or Mike Gerrity pops up late to snatch the 13th schollie…I guess I’d be okay with that.

Yes i agree Harris is fast you should see him with a ball he is fast also this is just in from a good source since uncc has not given Harris a Scholarship Ohio State Assistant coach and Southern FL head coach have called harris to ask about a deal..has bobby messed up by not giving harris a scholar ship yet?

who’s your source? Harris and his Father are excited to be in Charlotte, schollie or not.

and who is this UNCC?

Dont worry about my source trust me its a good one

[QUOTE=uncclegend;245907]Dont worry about my source trust me its a good one[/QUOTE]

have you not read any of his interviews harris wants to be here.

no crap i know he wants to be here i know the kid im saying he has gotten other offers due to the lack of commitment from uncc…im pretty sure he wants free college not just to be a walk on OSU would gladly pay his way through college

Alot of people say they have trusted sources. Dont take offence when some people dont believe you till it pans out.

yea i understand i just cant say anyway we can motivate the school to get on this b 4 its too late

Try using punctuation, they will be impressed.