The Numbers $$$

In case some of you guys missed it.

Couple questions…

1. What does the “sport building” all contain.

2. What upgrades/renovations need to be done to the Transamerica and SAC and what does that have to do with football (SAC is football offices?).

yeah I was going to ask why the SAC needs to be renovated.

Couple questions...

2. What upgrades/renovations need to be done to the Transamerica and SAC and what does that have to do with football (SAC is football offices?).

Probably with Title IX compliance. Will probably have to add locker rooms and if we pick up field hockey or lacrosse for girls you’ll be adding equipment, coaches, etc.

yeah I was going to ask why the SAC needs to be renovated.

would that include weight room, academic center, and media relations office upgrades?

Im assuming its the building in the stadium. Like the Stadium itself I am assuming is just the seating etc etc. There will have to be a building to accomodate fans and stuff I guess? Maybe offices or boxes or something? Also gotta thing of wight rooms and then stuff for the womens sports, like a new pool or something

And the additions to the SAC will probably have something to do with the need for more staff to run the athletic dept.

I can’t believe we’re going to consider starting college football and not have a marching band on the field.

Need to find an alumni who has band in his heart.

I can't believe we're going to consider starting college football and not have a marching band on the field.

My dad’s (class of '81?) been saying for years that if we started a football team we would need a marching band. He was in AL Brown’s marching band back in the day.
But yes I think there definitely needs to be a marching band. My only concern is since money is a huge issue, is this something that we could live without for a few years? Or if that’s that case will it keep getting pushed back and will a Charlotte Marching Band Initiative need to be made. I surely hope not.

My dad's (class of '81?) been saying for years that if we started a football team we would need a marching band. He was in AL Brown's marching band back in the day. But yes I think there definitely needs to be a marching band. My only concern is since money is a huge issue, is this something that we could live without for a few years? Or if that's that case will it keep getting pushed back and will a Charlotte Marching Band Initiative need to be made. I surely hope not.

The proposed cost for a band was $700,000.

That means 46 mil instead of 45.3 mil. Does not seem like that big of a difference at this point.

College football w/o marching band makes no sense.

He mentioned the marching band in his speech I believe. I think that is being covered by student fees. Since it would be a yearly cost.

He mentioned the marching band in his speech I believe. I think that is being covered by student fees. Since it would be a yearly cost.

Sweet.

[QUOTE=J Felt;342704]The proposed cost for a band was $700,000.

That means 46 mil instead of 45.3 mil. Does not seem like that big of a difference at this point.

College football w/o marching band makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

The cost for the band in the original proposal was $250,000 per year, escalating a little each year for inflation

[QUOTE=pcon;342686]Couple questions…

2. What upgrades/renovations need to be done to the Transamerica and SAC and what does that have to do with football (SAC is football offices?).[/QUOTE]

Sport building would house football offices, weight room, academic center, locker rooms, etc, as well as similar things for the women’s sports.

Transamerica upgrades are to handle lacrosse on that surface as well as soccer. SAC upgrades refer to renovation of the game room area, which will move to the new student union in a year or so. This area would house much of the administrative staff additions, as well as possibly serve as a temporary home for football staff if the sport building isn’t completed early enough to accommodate their arrival.

The cost for the band in the original proposal was $250,000 per year, escalating a little each year for inflation

Well, geeze, that’s even more feasible!!

We need a band!

[QUOTE=yea yea;342694]would that include weight room, academic center, and media relations office upgrades?[/QUOTE]

Hall of Fame?

Hall of Fame is going where the current game room is.

I can't believe we're going to consider starting college football and not have a marching band on the field.

Man I would’ve bought my own drum if they had a marching band when I got here :o It’s one of the things I do miss

Hall of Fame is going where the current game room is.

I sure hope they dig out the 1977 Sun Belt Champion trophy from the mechanical room.

I think its in the Belk Gym trophey case

I think its in the Belk Gym trophey case

Unless a replica trophy was made.