The "REAL" Carolina

I'll send you the dirty version of the night in DVD format :lol:

This sounds about right for a '[SIZE=2][COLOR=#004c26]Collegiate Sports[/COLOR][/SIZE] ’ thread.

[QUOTE=fotee9er;261895]I am for real not trying to flame at all. But, I really can’t understand why so many people on this board are obsessed with “Carolina”. Some people just can’t get over the fact that they 100% have a better athletic department than us. On the whole all their teams are better than ours. So it makes us look so inferior to hate on their football, basketball, or any other program.
Now are some of our sports better on a given year than theirs, without a doubt. But, usually on the whole they are better year after year and have MUCH more tradition than we ever will.
I also think we need to stop being obsessed with the name “Carolina or UNC”. That is what they are and will always be. If I am not mistaken they were the first public university in the country and the state, so for me that would make them UNC.
But, I am ALL FOR changing our name to the University of Charlotte to stop the confusion and separate ourselves from them, but we should not hate on their name.
By the way I am a former athlete and I was recruited the most by UNC and Charlotte and I chose to play at Charlotte, and one of the main reasons was to start our own tradition and success. But, I just think it’s stupid to hate on them, because it makes us look so lame.[/QUOTE]

Being a former athlete I’m a little surprised that you would discourage people from being a fan. That is what fans do, they bash other schools. Steve Spurrier called FSU, Free Shoes University.

I don’t think people are obsessed with the UNC name. They are obsessed with having their school misidentified as another school.

Your comment about “on the whole all their teams are better than ours” is really discouraging to me. So why do we even play the games then? If everybody else took this approach then you would not have been an athlete at UNCC because we shouldn’t even field teams. If the people at South Florida took your approach then they wouldn’t be #2 nationally, because there would be no way they could ever be better than 1-6 Notre Dame.

UNC-CH is scared of UNCC golf.

UNC-CH is scared of [I]Charlotte[/I] golf.

FIXED

[QUOTE=Normmm;262025]Being a former athlete I’m a little surprised that you would discourage people from being a fan. That is what fans do, they bash other schools. Steve Spurrier called FSU, Free Shoes University.

I don’t think people are obsessed with the UNC name. They are obsessed with having their school misidentified as another school.

Your comment about “on the whole all their teams are better than ours” is really discouraging to me. So why do we even play the games then? If everybody else took this approach then you would not have been an athlete at UNCC because we shouldn’t even field teams. If the people at South Florida took your approach then they wouldn’t be #2 nationally, because there would be no way they could ever be better than 1-6 Notre Dame.[/QUOTE]
Very well said. Thank you.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;261817]To hell with UNC Charlotte, U. of Charlotte, etc.
What if we beat both UNC-CH & USC-C to the punch in their debat whether U. of North Carolina or U. of South Carolina is the real Carolina?
We should name ourselves U. of Carolina, & beat both of them to the punch.
The University of Carolina 49ers in Charlotte, NC![/QUOTE]

I remember when I posted this like a year and a half ago.