The Real Housewives of Wall Street

I’m used to reading professional/scholarly articles that refrain from reaching for the lowest common denomitor to make a point. Not need to be silly with the “rape” comment.[/quote]

You realize it is the author’s purpose to address things in this manner, partially for sensationalism, but also to get readers interested in such an interesting topic that they would typically phase out because it is over their head.

It is important that everyone knows about the nonsense that is going on, or else nothing will ever be done about it.[/quote]

That’s fine and if you like that type of writing by all means enjoy it. To me; however, just as using vulgar language in speech indicates a less than stellar vocabulary, using the same means to communicate in print indicates partisianship when I just want the facts explained.

I read it last week. Caused a few blood vessels in my eyes to burst but I’m ok now.

I’m used to reading professional/scholarly articles that refrain from reaching for the lowest common denomitor to make a point. Not need to be silly with the “rape” comment.[/quote]

You realize it is the author’s purpose to address things in this manner, partially for sensationalism, but also to get readers interested in such an interesting topic that they would typically phase out because it is over their head.

It is important that everyone knows about the nonsense that is going on, or else nothing will ever be done about it.[/quote]

That’s fine and if you like that type of writing by all means enjoy it. To me; however, just as using vulgar language in speech indicates a less than stellar vocabulary, using the same means to communicate in print indicates partisianship when I just want the facts explained.[/quote]

Good luck finding any written commentary that isn’t partisan on one side or the other. The idea is to take both sides and dissect them from the middle.

As it has been said, no one is generally in love with Taibbi’s style, but he is the ONLY person out there making waves on all the BS that took place and will continue to take place in our country. I have to give him credit for that.

"To me; however, just as using vulgar language in speech indicates a less than stellar vocabulary, "

Here here!!

butttt when someone is speaking Spanish and they only understand Spanish…

This is a street fight not a duel and if you do not believe this then try to take some of this money from these guys and watch the less than stellar vocabulary fly!!

You sound like a very intellectual gentleman and I do understand your line of thinking even though I am probably below you in my ability to understand since I did use a “vulgar” word in my reply.

[i]“using the same means to communicate in print indicates partisianship when I just want the facts explained.”

[/i]I have no regard for Politics when discussing this subject. Politics is used as a distraction with these guys so they can keep on raping and gaming the system while “good” Americans argue over unions, abortions and illegals.

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:24, topic:25276”][size=6]I have no regard for Politics when discussing this subject. Politics is used as a distraction with these guys so they can keep on raping and gaming the system while “good” Americans argue over unions, abortions and illegals.
[/size][/quote]

Preach it!

I see what you mean, he tries to break it down so anyone, even without a finance background, can understand. Unfortunately, I don’t think the author even understands what he is talking about. He oversimplifies many of the issues, and as such, does them no justice.

The point about the two wives forming a fund … I wonder what qualifications were required to submit to that federal program to receive funds? Likely, there were no requirements and these women obtained financing only because of their connections. Either way, this information is relevant and it would have been nice for him to include it.

Lastly, for someone who wants to come across as an unbiased observer, he couldn’t resist taking shots at one political party while pushing his own agenda. This to me makes him nothing more than another hack.

Not really. I read it, at least unitl the word asshole appeared.[/quote]

My favorite part about his “assholes” comment, is that he lays down his expert opinion as it relates to the cause of the entire financial crisis. Because he (the author) says it, it must be true.

Well I will admit Show Dawg that if the lower & middle classes got raped less on money by the stinkin’ rich (not to insult the regular rich,) there would be less people getting abortions or caring about an illegal immigrant getting a job or a college degree.

Moose I’m a partisan Republican, but for the sake of the larger issue of the article, I zoned out the anti-GOP propoganda part. Yes it woud be nice to leave it out, but it wouldn’t stop me from endorsing the article.

Not really. I read it, at least unitl the word asshole appeared.[/quote]

My favorite part about his “assholes” comment, is that he lays down his expert opinion as it relates to the cause of the entire financial crisis. Because he (the author) says it, it must be true.[/quote]

Taibbi has taken shots at the entire political establishment, including the current administration. So if youa re reading bias into his criticism, you’re bringing it with you.

And you can dislike his personal politics all you want, but Taibbi has been all over this scandal for years. He has written the definitive explanation and criticism of this collective raping of the american public.

Do not defend these jerks out of partisanship. As TSD said, this has nothing to do with politics. This is about outright theft from the american public.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42588548

More fuel for the fire.

GS Execs didn’t understand what they were doing? Yeah, sure, they accidentally f*cked us all, it wasn’t intentional. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-people-vs-goldman-sachs-20110511?page=1

New article from Taibbi.

It will be VERY interesting how (IF) this moves forward.

I don’t even… I really don’t. I almost admire their panache until I remember it’s downright criminal what they did.

I really like Taibbi. I think he’s done a great job covering this and its really embarrassing that the best coverage of this shit has come from a rock and roll mag.

But he could save himself a lot of writing and just keep publishing his last line over and over…

law in America is subjective, and crime is defined not by what you did, but by who you are.

[quote=“casstommy, post:34, topic:25276”]I really like Taibbi. I think he’s done a great job covering this and its really embarrassing that the best coverage of this s*** has come from a rock and roll mag.

But he could save himself a lot of writing and just keep publishing his last line over and over…

law in America is subjective, and crime is defined not by what you did, but by who you are.
[/quote]

The sad thing is, even being in a rock & roll mag it will still be glossed over by the mainstream media and the average American.

Why? Because it is not a partisan issue, it is an overall governmental issue.

I went looking for something, anything from the big news outlets on the DOJ/Levin probe. Nothing…except an editorial from Jim Cramer who had the balls to defend Goldman. Amazing.

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=8ee61bc3-9418-45ca-94cf-8ee1b28d0bab

I went looking for something, anything from the big news outlets on the DOJ/Levin probe. Nothing…except an editorial from Jim Cramer who had the balls to defend Goldman. Amazing.

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=8ee61bc3-9418-45ca-94cf-8ee1b28d0bab[/quote]

Cramer is a clown. The thing I found surprising is that he thinks the DOJ will pursue this. I don’t think it will happen, the excuse being the whole CIA / interrogation tactic situation Holden is dealing with.

As I stated, this isn’t a partisan issue, so it will never get any major play. The CIA thing is partisan and will get major play.

I guess if I got paid off, I’d write a pro-Goldman article as well. :))