The Real Housewives of Wall Street

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-real-housewives-of-wall-street-look-whos-cashing-in-on-the-bailout-20110411?print=true

Most people will not have the patience to read that.

Those that do will be red faced for hours.

Great read. The author makes a lot of good points and raises a few good questions. I felt like his writing came off sounding a tiny bit biased, even with all the facts he presents. Good read overall, and good find TSG, I’ll be taking this into class as it pertains to a discussion we’ve been having.

I have yet to read this one, just have not had the time yet, but I am very familiar with his articles.

Matt Taibbi has been writing articles such as this for a while now. He is good at taking something very complex and putting it into layman’s terms, which gives the non-financial experts the ability to see how really messed up things are. He will sensationalize stuff and stretch the truth to support his arguments, so keep that in mind.

Nonetheless his writings are valuable to stay up to date with the nonsense that goes on.

Almost every time I’ve seen Matt Taibbi on TV there has been something offputting about him. Something about hsi attitude or demeanor. As 2002 said, he is doing a fantastic job as an investigative journalist in making the material relevent to the average person. But he’s not someone I would want as visual figurehead for America’s outrage…

However, despite his personal politics, I don’t think he’s sensationalizing this stuff much. I think it’s just really that ridiculous.

I have yet to read this one, just have not had the time yet, but I am very familiar with his articles.

Matt Taibbi has been writing articles such as this for a while now. He is good at taking something very complex and putting it into layman’s terms, which gives the non-financial experts the ability to see how really messed up things are. He will sensationalize stuff and stretch the truth to support his arguments, so keep that in mind.

Nonetheless his writings are valuable to stay up to date with the nonsense that goes on.[/quote]

Def agree, he did a great job simplifying the matter. But I def noticed that sensationalizing your talking about.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:5, topic:25276”]Almost every time I’ve seen Matt Taibbi on TV there has been something offputting about him. Something about hsi attitude or demeanor. As 2002 said, he is doing a fantastic job as an investigative journalist in making the material relevent to the average person. But he’s not someone I would want as visual figurehead for America’s outrage…

However, despite his personal politics, I don’t think he’s sensationalizing this stuff much. I think it’s just really that ridiculous.[/quote]

I think there is a reason why he writes for Rolling Stone.

Nonetheless it is pretty absurd, but par for the course.

What is that form of government called where corporations elect the politicians?

I found out what to cut from the budget with out touching entitlements or raising taxes! Vote for me for POTUS! 8)

Sh*t!
Rich bitches!
Qaddafi!
South Korean development!
Tax Cheats in the Caymans!
Lending to a Bank for almost free & then borrowing back for 3%!

We need to seize the funds & arrest everyone! It wasn’t approved by Congress, so they know it wasn’t legit. And give Bernanke & Geithner the Death Penalty for Treason!

So if we come up with $15 Mil & start a fake company, we can get $220 Mil bail-out. I guess you just go to the bank saying you have $220 Mil & you need a loan for $15 Mil. Who wants to go in with me! We can all move to the Caymans! Does Cayman internet get 49er Football broadcasts? If not, we can bribe Judy to set it up.

I know it is the off season, but the lack of comments on this thread are symbolic of why this sort of behavior goes on and will continue to go on.

Eh, I read it. Instead of posting an angry comment on here I posted it on facebook to share with others.

Truthfully, what can you actually do about it?

What course of action, other than pitchforks and torches, do we have? If we elect new officials, they’ll just be bought like all the others before them.

Not really. I read it, at least unitl the word asshole appeared.

Not really. I read it, at least unitl the word asshole appeared.[/quote]

You find bad words offensive?

[quote=“J Felt, post:11, topic:25276”]Truthfully, what can you actually do about it?

What course of action, other than pitchforks and torches, do we have? If we elect new officials, they’ll just be bought like all the others before them.[/quote]

Well in all honesty, I am with you on that.

However, our current situation has happened incrementally over time, in order to fight it, it will have to be an incremental fight to get change.

Not really. I read it, at least unitl the word asshole appeared.[/quote]

You find bad words offensive?[/quote]

No, just don’t expect to see them when dealing with certain topics. Author loses credibility when he/she results to such tactics, at least IMO.

How many times do you deal with money (topic) and “bad” words not come up especially when you are dealing with the raping of a system that has become perverse. Hopefully rape is not too strong of a word for you.

I have been completely cussed out over $200.00 from someone that was making over $100K a month and I find this the norm. I have actually seen an Attorney grabbed by the throat and pushed against a wall for holding back $10,000 dollars for 24 hours. An Attorney. There is a reason these guys have a lot of power and money and I have dealt with them enough to know that 99% of them all have the same personality traits. Hell… scratch that… heck most of them all live and interact in clusters for a reason.

If there is ever going to change then strong and sometimes “bad” words will have to take place and FU I have had enough is a good start.

I’m used to reading professional/scholarly articles that refrain from reaching for the lowest common denomitor to make a point. Not need to be silly with the “rape” comment.

I dont think rape is too strong of a word at all. You do realize that you are one of the people paying the price for all of this, right?

I’m used to reading professional/scholarly articles that refrain from reaching for the lowest common denomitor to make a point. Not need to be silly with the “rape” comment.[/quote]

You realize it is the author’s purpose to address things in this manner, partially for sensationalism, but also to get readers interested in such an important topic that they would typically phase out because it is over their head.

It is important that everyone knows about the nonsense that is going on, or else nothing will ever be done about it.

I never said rape was too strong of a word. Someone else brought that up and tried to be funny. Now I remember why I never subscribed to the Politics forum. lol