The Winston-Salem Dash?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Wally-Warthog/586530172

Wally is on Facebook?

Save Wally!
Death to the Dash!

Seriously…what is this? :huhsign:

Bring Back Wally!

Isn’t it an unwritten rule that minor league teams must have a dumb name?

Absolutely Horrible… A dog is the new mascot and they are having a contest to name him; WHY THE F WOULDN’T YOU NAME HIM DASH??? At least that is a reasonable dog name.

What was wrong with the Warthogs name?? Dash sounds like an Arena football team name. It just doesn’t fit with minor league baseball.

I am looking forward to checking out the new ballpark though. Still haven’t been to the one in Greensboro yet.

[QUOTE=squattie;367449]Bring Back Wally!
[/QUOTE]
Lead the crusade, squattie! And if you find Casey, rescue him as well.

At least the Grasshoppers have Miss Babe Ruth as a bat dog. She retrieves the bats and delivers buckets of balls to the umpire when needed.

[QUOTE=HP49er;367474]At least the Grasshoppers have Miss Babe Ruth as a bat dog. She retrieves the bats and delivers buckets of balls to the umpire when needed.

[/QUOTE]
HOLY KNOCK OFF OF THE MYRTLE BEACH PELICANS, BATMAN!

[URL=http://www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com/fanz/mascot/]MyrtleBeachPelicans.com: Dinger the Home Run Dog[/URL]

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;367458]Absolutely Horrible… A dog is the new mascot and they are having a contest to name him; WHY THE F WOULDN’T YOU NAME HIM DASH??? At least that is a reasonable dog name.[/QUOTE]
i was going to ask what they will use as a mascot. a dog? good mascot. bad name. the rovers would have been better.

Those that live in the Triad should boycott the WS & G-Boro teams until the bring back the Warthogs & Bats.

will the charlotte knights renamed themselves the “bank” when they move to uptown?

There hasn't been a good original team name since the Diamondbacks.

I personally like this one better…

http://www.seawolves.com/

[QUOTE=squattie;367449]

Seriously…what is this? :huhsign:
[/QUOTE]

Dash Gordon?

The best minor league nicknames are something that pertains to the region: Lookouts, MudCats, Riverdogs, Lugnuts, etc. I never liked Warthogs because there are no Warthogs in North America. Why name a team after a non-native animal? I guess it was the most unique name that started with a W. Spirits, before Warthogs, was not much better. It’s not easy coming up with a nickname for a town that is/was based largely on the tobacco industry, but there are plenty of better choices than the Dash and the 4 other names that they were choosing from.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;367438]I was at the end of HS when the Hickory Crawdads came out, & I lived in Statesville. I didn’t go to any games, but I bought a T-shirt for my brother & [B]me[/B].
I remember the Piedmont Boll Weevils who became the Kannapolis Intimidators.
But I can’t believe WS is becoming the Dash. I think the Warthogs was kind of original. What’s next, a team called the Semi-Colons?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Objects…

What's next, a team called the Semi-Colons?
Too late. I understand unc-chapel hill already has a patent on that name.

It really was weak… the other choices were the Rhinos, Aviators, Wallbangers and Racers.

Any Biscuit fans?

no dude i havent… please tell me where to get one of the caps… that is the coolest logo ive seen in a while :lmao:

[QUOTE=NewYorkNiner;368361]no dude i havent… please tell me where to get one of the caps… that is the coolest logo ive seen in a while :lmao:[/QUOTE]

I don’t get to Alabama much, so I guess their website will have to suffice.

http://www.what-if.com/SECURE/biscuits/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4

They appear to have 31 different ones available online. I did see the Biscuits once a couple of years ago when they played the Carolina Mudcats, in Zebulon, NC. They didn’t have any Biscuit hats in the team store that night. But, from experience, I know that some minor league teams carry a few hats of some of their league competitors.

This hat looks like their home cap.

It really was weak... the other choices were the Rhinos, Aviators, [B][U]Wallbangers[/U][/B] and Racers.

Very nice.