They Suck Even More Than Normal

Talking about ACC football. VA Tech, the team many thought would win the conference, lost to James Madison yesterday. Another team whose fans predicted them to play for the National Title may wind up having to forfeit all their games, even though they’re sneaking ineligible players back onto the team. Yesterday’s “BIG” conference showdown (Wake Forest vs Duke) had less than stellar TV ratings and looked like one side of the stadium was only half full, even though it was announced as a sellout. Some NC State fans are even acting surprised that they beat long time power program UCF.

I’ll be glad when this area finally gets a REAL college football team.

[quote=“PARMAN, post:1, topic:23895”]Talking about ACC football. VA Tech, the team many thought would win the conference, lost to James Madison yesterday. Another team whose fans predicted them to play for the National Title may wind up having to forfeit all their games, even though they’re sneaking ineligible players back onto the team. Yesterday’s “BIG” conference showdown (Wake Forest vs Duke) had less than stellar TV ratings and looked like one side of the stadium was only half full, even though it was announced as a sellout. Some NC State fans are even acting surprised that they beat long time power program UCF.

I’ll be glad when this area finally gets a REAL college football team.[/quote]

I was at the Wake/Duke game, it was almost full when it started, but it quickly cleared out when the rain started coming down heavy, that may be what you saw. Lots of us there were given free tickets somehow. One of my coworkers had 15 to give away!!

The sad thing is VT has not lost in conference. So they can still be the best in the ACC and in a BCS game.

Yes that is pretty sad and I won’t be surprised if it happens.

I was at the game too. You must have been sitting on the East side looking at the West side because from the West side looking across the field the east side still only looked half full when the game started. Some Wake students did not finsih taking their seats until midway through the second quarter and they started leaving early in the 3rd quarter but they did not have that many students there anyway. Maybe breause they do not have that many students. They do a great job of promoting the school to the community but they cheat at this because the local media supports them too.

Yes it looked half empty (or is it half full) on TV but all schools inflate attendance numbers. Including us at times it seems. I think I read somewhere where Wake and Duke and a few others always automatically count all student seats as sold and present at the game, regardless of how many students actually show up.

I was expecting this to be a Panthers thread.

Nice.