Things More Pitiful Than Charlotte's First Half Play

Stolen from the Wake board, but I need a good laugh after today. That and we have to be funnier than Wake fans.

They must have missed the referees in the 2nd half.

Not by much, but nothing was that bad.

This thread should be closed to replies because there isn’t an answer that would actually be true.

Duke girls.

[QUOTE=CMack124;153986]This thread should be closed to replies because there isn’t an answer that would actually be true.[/QUOTE]
I dunno…the Mississippi State game…

I think we’re missing the point here, although it’s hard to disagree with the refs and the Miss St game.

Let’s try this:

Vanilla Ice trying to do a rock version of “Ice Ice Baby”.

[QUOTE=HP49er;153996][/QUOTE]
lol That’s priceless.

Kenneth Lay’s tax return

Wake’s swine & cheese fans…

lol That's priceless.

I imagine if Norm was to draw this game, it would look like that or this…

[QUOTE=49erFan1;154006]I imagine if Norm was to draw this game, it would look like that or this…

[/QUOTE]

Precisely. I complained very loudly about the officiating on the way out.

My spelling of “pitiful”. For some reason it’s spelled correctly in this thread but not on the main page.

Chisox’ Saturday evening date…

[QUOTE=charlotte9er1980;154008]Precisely. I complained very loudly about the officiating on the way out.[/QUOTE]

I made a statement about the officiating during the game (on Curt’s 4th and 5th foul). Actually, I think the statement was “BULLSHIT”. The Wake fans in front of me who had been sitting on their hands the entire game finally said something. One of them turned around and told me I knew nothing about basketball. I asked what they knew about basketball and they replied they knew a lot because they were in the acc.

One of the ladies of that group also made the statement about how RUDE and CLASSLESS it was for the Niner fans to be making that much noise on Wake’s home floor. We were sitting downstairs but she was referring to the upstairs section right above the Wake students. I just grinned and said “Yea, they are pretty loud, aren’t they”. Wow.

One of the ladies of that group also made the statement about how RUDE and CLASSLESS it was for the Niner fans to be making that much noise on Wake's home floor.
She must not attend WFU home football games then.
Charlotte head coach Bobby Lutz:

On Wake Forest:

Congratulations to Wake Forest. I thought defensively they were exceptional today. I watched a lot of tape, and I thought they played with tremendous energy. They were very, very good defensively and took us out of a lot of the things we’ve been able to do against a lot of quality teams. They really fought and took us out of what we wanted offensively. The first five minutes of that first half and last five minutes of the first half were critical. I thought we came out tentatively. Maybe Wake had something to do with that with their aggressive play, but we missed a lot of little shots that you have to make.

On the game:

We just got off to a poor start but we found a way to come back. Our pressure was good. We thought we could press. When you can’t score, it’s hard to press, so when we were able to score, we were very confident our press would be good, and I thought it was forcing 22 turnovers. I was pleased with that. We had chances. I don’t know if we got another rebound when Curtis (Withers) fouled out. We’re up two, can’t get a free throw rebound, and they get a three-point play. It was a disappointing loss for us, and now we have to bounce back and get ready for Richmond.

On playing an ACC team:

It seemed like it was a great crowd and a great atmosphere. Our guys love playing in this type of atmosphere. We love playing against the ACC. We’re very appreciative of Wake Forest, we try every year to play ACC teams and most of the time people tell us no. We don’t think we’re a bad game anymore. Maybe 10-15 years ago we were, but this is the lowest our RPI we’ve had in a long time. We’ve been to seven tournaments in nine years, and I don’t think we’re a bad game. It was a great atmosphere. I wish we had won, but I think it was a quality game. Not a beautiful game offensively, but a hard-fought, hotly contested game.

On the low-key nature of the team:

We think our team always plays hard. We’re the same way in the locker room. This is the lowest key bunch of guys I’ve been around. That doesn’t mean we’re not ready to play. We’re just not a real rah rah emotional team. I think that’s why we’ve been so good on the road. We don’t get too high or too low on the road. We’re kind of even keel. The first five minute we didn’t look ready to play, but after that they were ready.

Was lutz even AT this game?
They didn’t play for %$&# the WHOLE first half!

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/College_Football/99035_wfu-duke2003-2.JPG
Duke football

Things More Pitiful Than Charlotte's First Half Play
  1. The fact that Niner Nation took over Wake’s “Home” coliseum…

2. WTF is “Tie-Dye Nation” anyway? You might as well call it “Bad-Acid-Trip Land”!

The Bush Presidency… sorry couldn’t resist.