this hurts

Pembroke is marketing themselves hard. I hear radio commercials regularly on at least 3 Triad stations and there are billboards all over the area. (Of course, NC A&T and Western Carolina have a few around here too.)

[QUOTE=HP49er;203310]Pembroke is marketing themselves hard. I hear radio commercials regularly on at least 3 Triad stations and there are billboards all over the area. (Of course, NC A&T and Western Carolina have a few around here too.)[/QUOTE]

Of course, they’re all marketing to convince students to attend. We don’t have that problem.
Same reason why UNCP is starting football. That’s the difference in the urgency for them compared to us. It’s that time for us for the other reasons.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;203335]Of course, they’re all marketing to convince students to attend. We don’t have that problem.
Same reason why UNCP is starting football. That’s the difference in the urgency for them compared to us. It’s that time for us for the other reasons.[/QUOTE]

??? I am not catching your point.

[QUOTE=metro;203343]??? I am not catching your point.[/QUOTE]

Which one? UNCP has a problem drawing students. They market [B]UNC[/B]P all across the country trying to increase enrollment. Football makes it more attractive. UNCC has doubled in size in the last 10 years and will grow by another 50% by 2015. Our problems are image, disconnect from community and alumni loyalty. That’s where a name change and football helps us. But also, as I mentioned before, we have room for another 1,200 out of state students since we’re about 6% below the ratio (In to out). That’s a lot of cash left on the table.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;203349]Which one? UNCP has a problem drawing students. They market [B]UNC[/B]P all across the country trying to increase enrollment. Football makes it more attractive. UNCC has doubled in size in the last 10 years and will grow by another 50% by 2015. Our problems are image, disconnect from community and alumni loyalty. That’s where a name change and football helps us. But also, as I mentioned before, we have room for another 1,200 out of state students since we’re about 6% below the ratio (In to out). That’s a lot of cash left on the table.[/QUOTE]

thats better.
your first post was hard to follow. I agree with what you are saying.

we haven’t doubled in 10 years though. I think my senior year in 95, we had undergrad of 14,000,

I live in the Myrtle Beach area, and I was at a civic group meeting this week where the guest speaker was discussing the growth at Coastal Carolina, who just recently got a football team that is now pretty successful.

The in-state/out-of-state split at CCU is 55/45, and their alumni’s requests are listened to…two things that set that school apart from UNCC.

Whaddaya know, WBTV is doing a report tonight on how Appalachian’s football success is helping the university out in many facets.

NinerID, why do you have Wojo please in your posts? Is there some rumor?