This Week in A-10 Hoops (thru 7/20)

The Dukes hire Notre Dame Prep head coach as an assistant; Bona, Duquesne, and Bona announce OOC skeds; Temple gets good news about one of its signees; C. J. Anderson is ready to fill it up for Xavier; and more!

Dayton Flyers

Dayton Announces Men’s Basketball Non-Conference Schedule, A-10 Opponents

Duquesne Dukes

GoDuquesne.com: [b]Bill Barton Named Men’s Assistant Basketball Coach

Achara to Try Out for Great Britain National Team[/b]

PostGazette.com: Duquesne Notebook: Everhart changes staff, adds assistant

PittsburghLive.com: Everhart pleased with diverse schedule

La Salle Explorers

Philly.com: Morris twins still shopping

Richmond Spiders

inRich.com: Summer Update With David Gonzalvez

St. Bonaventure Bonnies

GoBonnies.com: Men’s basketball announces non-conference schedule

Saint Louis Billikens

Qconline.com: Relationships drew Majerus back to coaching

Temple Owls

Scout.com: Moore Gets The Score

Xavier Musketeers

Enqurier.com: Anderson sees blue skies ahead

GO A-10!!!

Not official yet, but just as Duquesne hired Notre Dame Prep’s head coach, Xavier will hire AAU New York Gauchos coach Emanuel “Book” Richardson as an assistant as well. The Gauchos won the Nike Peach Jam Invitational in North Augusta, SC, last weekend.

Sportsline.com: Looking for an angle? You’ll find it at the Peach Jam

Thanks to survivor45 for finding this one! Now we know 2 of our 3 home-and-homes – Fordham and Richmond.

Fordham Rams

FordhamSports.com: Men’s Basketball To Face Charlotte, Duquesne And Temple Twice In 2007-08

Every other school has news except us. It must be nice to be finish with recruiting for next year and started on 2008. Getting the schedule out for everyone, etc. I wish we would announce some good news.

Every other school has news except us. It must be nice to be finish with recruiting for next year and started on 2008. Getting the schedule out for everyone, etc. I wish we would announce some good news.

Our schedule looks pretty solid, i don’t think finalizing it will be any better, meaning the teams that will sell tickets is probably over with.

I am really worried about our recruting for 2008, i mean maybe we are fine and Utter and NinerReport just aren’t showing us, but I don’t know of the one guy that we are his “leader” for whatever that is worth.

Usually by this time, we are hearing names of players that we are leading or have a good shot at to commit. This is the first time that I remember that we arenot hearing anything positive in our recruiting. Hope something happens soon.

No Coaches contract… No recruits…

[QUOTE=woodniner;249428]Usually by this time, we are hearing names of players that we are leading or have a good shot at to commit. This is the first time that I remember that we arenot hearing anything positive in our recruiting. Hope something happens soon.[/QUOTE]
Well, what Gill said… Recruits are a little scarce when the coach doesn’t even know where he will be in 2008.

[QUOTE=woodniner;249428]Usually by this time, we are hearing names of players that we are leading or have a good shot at to commit. This is the first time that I remember that we arenot hearing anything positive in our recruiting. Hope something happens soon.[/QUOTE]

We don’t need or have room for a whole lot. SG and a PF is about all. Usually the info comes from insider info. Not much floating around. I’d say we’re in pretty good with Gabriel. Would be nice if Jim Utter could get a list of guys.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;249456]Would be nice if Jim Utter could get a list of guys.[/QUOTE]
Also would be nice if Jim could get the third and final piece of what our A-10 home-and-homes are too!

We don't need or have room for a whole lot. SG and a PF is about all..

Yeah, we need to keep that in mind. We lose Leemire and Phaler. It’s not like we are losing 3 starters and a couple key bench players. We will be OK. We wont land any super studs in our 08 class, but if we get a couple solid players, we will be fine in 08/09 based on what we have returning that year.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;249431]No recruits…[/QUOTE]
Not for us, but the Hawks get another one today for 2008.

Saint Joseph Hawks

Scout.com: Connecticut Standout Pulls Trigger

Dukes sure getting a lot of press this week. Coach Everhart has them in the classroom prior to preparing for a trip to Canada to play four games in early September. I’m sure he’s ready to finally have Shawn James, Kojo Mensah, and Stuard Baldonado on the court in Duquesne unis as they prepare for 07-08.

Duquesne Dukes

PittsburghLive.com: Pittsburgh Basketball Club Pro-Am has no players from Duquesne

No Coaches contract... No recruits...

Lutz didn’t deserve an extension either.

Tom Timmerman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch took a tour of SLU’s new arena and writes everything is on schedule for 08-09…

Saint Louis Billikens

STLToday.com: Touring Chaifetz

BTW, here’s the link to the construction site webcam:

SLU Arena Webcam

Tom Timmerman of the [I]St. Louis Post-Dispatch[/I] took a tour of SLU's new arena and writes everything is on schedule for 08-09...

[B]Saint Louis Billikens[/B]

STLToday.com: [B][URL=http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-billiken-beat/2007/07/touring-chaifetz/]Touring Chaifetz[/URL][/B]

Sweet! So no more Scottrade Center losses due to the cold?