Jones likely leaving Saint Joseph’s

Smith, Jones still unsure about draft

[NOTE: Philly.com uses same e-mail/password as Charlotte.com]

Xavier

Former Oklahoma Starting Point Guard Now At Xavier

Sooners guard to play for XU

Good piece on Xavier in today’s Cincy Post:

No summertime blues for XU

BTW, read on the Musketeer Madness board that new UT coach Bruce Pearl cancelled (bought out) the Volunteers return game to Xavier in 05-06.

Sports columnist Kevin Mulligan of the Philadelphia Daily News cooberates earlier rumor about A-10 tourney possibly heading to Atlantic City in 2007:

[b]Sources tell me Atlantic City has informed the Atlantic 10 that it will enter the bidding to bring the A-10 basketball tournament to the shore in 2007, after the current deal with Cincinnati runs out.[/b]
Link: [url=http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/columnists/11906399.htm]Kevin Mulligan[/url] [NOTE: Philly.com uses same e-mail/password as Charlotte.com]

Interesting comments from Xavier coach Sean Miller in the Hamilton (Ohio) Journal-News:

[b]The steaks weren’t the only things being grilled Wednesday night at the annual Butler County Xavier University Alumni Association Steak Fry at Badin High School.

While the cooking crew of Nick Gabbard, Greg Yordy, Doug Becker and Kenny Estridge knew when to pull the meat off the fire, a candid XU men’s basketball coach Sean Miller just kept turning up the heat on the Atlantic 10 Conference.

“I think we have a league that is very confused, and I have no problem sharing that with you,” Miller told the crowd of approximately 200. “Our league played the No. 1 nonconference schedule in the country, and it got us nothing. Because leagues that have the most nonconference wins get the most teams in the postseason.

“The landscape of college basketball has changed, and the Atlantic 10 has not changed,” Miller continued. “It’s very important as we move into the next few years that it does change, because it’s going to be continually harder for a lot of teams to get into the postseason.”

In his first season as Xavier head coach, Miller led the Musketeers to a 17-12 record, including a 10-6 record in the A-10. But when the NCAA and NIT both passed on XU, Miller’s squad became the first team in A-10 history to finish above .500 in the conference and still not get a postseason bid.[/b]

Link: Xavier coach wants A-10 to focus on postseason

Xavier is one of the more underrated programs in the country. I dread playing them next season.

Mike Cook would be an amazing addition to this team! I hope we get him!

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Jun 16 2005, 05:06 PM [b] Xavier is one of the more underrated programs in the country. I dread playing them next season. [/b]
[u]IF[/u] Sean Miller is as bad a coach as Arch Miller is a player, then we have nothing to worry about.
[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Jun 16 2005, 03:48 PM [b] Sports columnist Kevin Mulligan of the [i]Philadelphia Daily News[/i] cooberates earlier rumor about A-10 tourney possibly heading to Atlantic City in 2007:
[b]Sources tell me Atlantic City has informed the Atlantic 10 that it will enter the bidding to bring the A-10 basketball tournament to the shore in 2007, after the current deal with Cincinnati runs out.[/b]
Link: [url=http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/columnists/11906399.htm]Kevin Mulligan[/url] [NOTE: Philly.com uses same e-mail/password as Charlotte.com] [/b]
I like the symmetry of: Atlantic 10 in Atlantic City.

Also, it may not be Vegas, but it’s close, and closer. Would be a good road trip for those that were psyched to head out west.

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er+Jun 16 2005, 10:35 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (lutz9er @ Jun 16 2005, 10:35 PM)