Thoughts on My Team

Tell me what you think about my team. I am still drafting my bench but am looking where I might be weak right now.
I’ve got four more picks to make. I’m thinking about getting a backup QB and maybe another RB and WR.

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Edgerrin James
RB- D. Davis
WR- Javon Walker
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Jerry Porter
TE- Alge Crumpler
Def- ATL
Kicker- D. Akers

Bench-
RB- Chris Brown
WR- Larry Fitzgerald

number of teams? starting lineup requirements? anything special about the scoring?

I’ld be guessing this is at most a 10man league (if its a 12 man league you’re playing with vegetables and should be shot if you lose it). even in a 10 man league… you’ld be the odds on favorite to win it all. in an 8? i’ve never played in an 8 becuase, well, its not as interesting/fun/challenging.

you’re in dire need of more WR help if you start anmore than 2 WRs. and given the job in TN isn’t necessarily Browns (rumors are TN might be one of the places T.Henry end up)… combined with the fact that TN is no longer the TN of old… they are just old… that job isn’t necessairly gonna garner you lots o points. I’ld get another WR and RB, then get a backup QB unless some crazy value is there. The only time you’ll be using this QB is during Ind bye-week, so find out what week that is and make the best QBvsDef matchup choice of the remaining QBs for that week.

Its all rather speculative given its so early though. Lots can change between now and opening day. Mostly injuries during camp/preseason. In my main league, we have our draft between the 3rd and 4th preseason game.

QB- Peyton Manning - Excellent. Best QB in the league and is seldom hurt.
RB- Edgerrin James - Solid. Should have another good season, though Rhodes is expected to get more carries this season.
RB- D. Davis - Very underrated fantasy player. Puts up solid numbers
WR- Javon Walker - Holding out for a contract extension. Unless he listens to Favre and comes to camp, it’s going to get ugly.
WR- Andre Johnson - One of the most underrated receivers in the game. Puts up good numbers.
WR- Jerry Porter - A great receiver, but no longer the main attraction in Oakland. Just hope you get something close to last year’s numbers out of him.
TE- Alge Crumpler - Solid. Still Atlanta’s best receiving threat.
Def- ATL - Were good last year, and should be even better with the addition of Ed Hartwell.
Kicker- D. Akers - One of the top 3 kickers in the game. Nice

Bench-
RB- Chris Brown - What Anborn said.
WR- Larry Fitzgerald - Nice backup. Too many questions at QB in Arizona. If Warner pans out, this could be a steal.

Overall, very good. If your team was full with no expected holdouts, you have the makings of a great team. You need another RB for injuries and bye weeks, and another solid WR in case Walker comes back late or not at all. You’re set at TE and the specialty positions. Nice.

Actually, I’d be more concerned about your running game. I think E. James is overrated as a fantasy player simply because Manning has so many options inside the red zone. This luxury hurts James’ value in my opinion but he’s still certainly a top-notch RB. I just like him as a NFL player more than a fantasy player because of the loss of TD-potentional.

D. Davis is very solid IF he stays healthy. I tend to always find myself scared to take him early on draft day because he’s a sideline sitter waiting to happen. If he can stay on the field, I think you’ll get incredible numbers from him.

And as it was predicted, Chris Brown’s value is now way down. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him/Henry have equal carries each game which is going to hurt his value big time. And inside the 5, Henry is more of an up-the-gut RB who will likely get more of the goal line carries.

I think you’re okay at other positions but could probably stand to acquire at least one upgrade at WR for now.

My draft is finished. I added some depth at RB and some sleeper WR’s. Tell me what you think of my additions.

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Edgerrin James
RB- D. Davis
WR- Javon Walker
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Jerry Porter
TE- Alge Crumpler
Def- ATL
Kicker- D. Akers

Bench-
RB- Chris Brown
RB- Fred Taylor
RB- Michael Bennett
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Charles Rogers
WR- Tyrone Calico
DEF- PHIL
QB- Aaron Brooks

[i]Originally posted by mineshaft[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 12:35 AM [b] My draft is finished. I added some depth at RB and some sleeper WR's. Tell me what you think of my additions.

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Edgerrin James
RB- D. Davis
WR- Javon Walker
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Jerry Porter
TE- Alge Crumpler
Def- ATL
Kicker- D. Akers

Bench-
RB- Chris Brown
RB- Fred Taylor
RB- Michael Bennett
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Charles Rogers
WR- Tyrone Calico
DEF- PHIL
QB- Aaron Brooks [/b]

That looks very strong… Taylor and Bennet could have big years. I would try to trade Edge for a #1 receiver.

How the hell do you all get to pick up Peyton Manning? I have been playing Fantasy Football forever and I have never had him on my team.

[i]Originally posted by mineshaft[/i]@Aug 10 2005, 11:35 PM [b] My draft is finished. I added some depth at RB and some sleeper WR's. Tell me what you think of my additions.

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Edgerrin James
RB- D. Davis
WR- Javon Walker
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Jerry Porter
TE- Alge Crumpler
Def- ATL
Kicker- D. Akers

Bench-
RB- Chris Brown
RB- Fred Taylor
RB- Michael Bennett
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Charles Rogers
WR- Tyrone Calico
DEF- PHIL
QB- Aaron Brooks [/b]

this has got to be an 8-team draft. given that manning, james, davis, taylor are all top 20 guys. hell even in a 8-team draft this team is stacked. Who are you playing against?! nice draft.

I like the addition of Calico…I think he could produce well this season.

I’d still be a bit wary at RB. Taylor is in the twilight of his career and another “season-ending injury” waiting to happen. And there are no certainties with Bennett. After he came back from the injury last year, he managed only ONE touchdown and just one game with over 13 carries. And inside the goal line, he’s going to lose touches to Moe Willams.

I’d hold out hope that Taylor stays healthy because he could compliment James and Davis well.

my draft happens tonight…any suggestions qb wise i should get…i was thinking about getting donovan mcnabb but given the recent WR situation i think that might be a far stretch. my options are more than likely culpepper, vick or manning because i’d die before i picked someone from carolina that isn’t julius peppers

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 04:37 PM [b] my draft happens tonight...any suggestions qb wise i should get...i was thinking about getting donovan mcnabb but given the recent WR situation i think that might be a far stretch. my options are more than likely culpepper, vick or manning because i'd die before i picked someone from carolina that isn't julius peppers [/b]
when asking for advice, its would help to post some info like: size, draft posistion if you have it, scoring format and/or starting lineup (ie qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1flex,1k,1def).

as far as QB’s… unless you get a rediculous steal (ie a QB a full round later than where they should have gone)… I usually QBBC. Get 2/3 QB’s in the “value” category (I hope to time mine just as the run of backups start for everyone else). Sure you could spend a 1st/2nd rounder on McNabb/Manning, or a 4th rnd on Green, or 5th on Hasselbeck (highly overrated)… but honestly, is giving up a top flight RB, a good RB2, or a WR2 or RB2/3 worth it? when you could play matchups between say… warner+delhomme or Brees/Palmer? who could probably all be gotten later than round 9? I think I’ve only picked a QB in my first 5 rounds, one time the past 6 years. In those 6 years I’ve won twice, and come in 2nd twice.

QB’s I’ld stay away from this season: Hasselbeck, Eli Manning, Rothlesburger, any rookie QB, McNair, whoever the QB is going to be in MIA, and Vick.

As far as not picking someone from Carolina?! I’ld put a flier on Foster after round 4, Smith not too far there after, Delhomme late in a QBBC role, the Defense “should” be top5-6 so they’re worth a pick, and the K in Car always seems to put up points. Could be some nice valuepicks in there… I be necessarily targetting any of them, but if one fell in the ranks to give good value, I wouldn’t hesitate.

just my 2 cents.

thanks i don’t know when i have my picks it happens tonight at 11. So i’ll post who i get when i find out. Thank you for your advice.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Aug 11 2005, 11:43 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Aug 11 2005, 11:43 AM)

My thoughts are yall need to join Niner Nation Fantasy Football.

QB - Donovan McNabb
QB - Chad Pennington
RB - Duce Staley
RB - Duece MacCallister
RB - Jerome Bettis
WR - Rod Smith
WR - Larry Fitzjerald
WR - Reggie Brown
WR - Koren Robinson
TE - Bubba Franks

K - John Carney
K - John Kasey

DEF - Carolina
DEF - Chicago
DEF - Cincinnati
DEF - Seattle
DEF - Kansas City

D - Roy Williams
DB - Kevin Thomas
DL - Jevon Kearse

I picked koren and kevin because when they finally get on a team they are going to be NASTY