Ticket sales racket

Anyone else care that even when you buy tickets to games, shows, etc. in person at the box office of the venue, you still have to pay a frickin’ “convenience” charge? That is such BS! If the damn ticket is $25, just say it up front. Don’t say it’s $22 and then as you’re buying it they tell you, or worse, they just ring it up (SURPRISE!!) and then tell you after you see the charge on the ticket. >:D

So whom do I write to complain about this, who can do something about it? My State Rep/Senator? Who? WHO THE HELL, WHO?! >:D >:D >:D

[quote=“49er1, post:1, topic:25401”]Anyone else care that even when you buy tickets to games, shows, etc. in person at the box office of the venue, you still have to pay a frickin’ “convenience” charge? That is such BS! If the damn ticket is $25, just say it up front. Don’t say it’s $22 and then as you’re buying it they tell you, or worse, they just ring it up (SURPRISE!!) and then tell you after you see the charge on the ticket. >:D

So whom do I write to complain about this, who can do something about it? My State Rep/Senator? Who? WHO THE HELL, WHO?! >:D >:D >:D[/quote]

What pisses me off is that you have to pay more fees when you buy them online! WTF? I am not even talking to a person so it should be CHEAPER!

Avoid ticketmaster as much as you can

I do. That’s why I went to the venue’s box office for 2 different events, 2 different venues, etc. They STILL charge this BS charge. They should just advertise the ACTUAL cost because THAT’S what you HAVE to pay, not their lyingass advertised cost!!! Seems illegal, but yet, it’s not. How f’ed up is that?

Checkers play-off tickets for 2nd round, $20. The lady charged me $22. What? A service charge? How is there a service charge at the place?

I went to beer festival in Ft. Mill in March for $25. You click on it, & all of a sudden the fee changed to $29 + $2 handling fee for $31 total. I wouldn’t have went, but most other beer festivals are $40-$50 so this was on the lower end, but damn, if it’s $22 for Checkers playoffs or $31 for the beerfest, say that up front! >:D

Charlotte 49ers do this too. Order season tickets for $49, but its a $5 handling fee. Just say it’s $54.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:5, topic:25401”]Checkers play-off tickets for 2nd round, $20. The lady charged me $22. What? A service charge? How is there a service charge at the place?

I went to beer festival in Ft. Mill in March for $25. You click on it, & all of a sudden the fee changed to $29 + $2 handling fee for $31 total. I wouldn’t have went, but most other beer festivals are $40-$50 so this was on the lower end, but damn, if it’s $22 for Checkers playoffs or $31 for the beerfest, say that up front! >:D

Charlotte 49ers do this too. Order season tickets for $49, but its a $5 handling fee. Just say it’s $54.[/quote]

Yes, it was Checkers tix I bought at one of these venues, but seems “everyone” does it. THEY JUST NEED TO TELL US THE WHOLE DAMN PRICE UP FRONT!!