Tips

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;322077]I hate to sound cheap but the guy has a point there.[/QUOTE]

Barbers typically have to pay a fee (rent) to the barber shop owner to cut hair at the particular barber shop. So they get a certain percentage of the cuts (either total cuts that day/week/ etc from all barbers or themselves) and tips.

My haircut costs $15, and then I always give a $5 tip. When I come in I hardly have to wait and I don’t even have to tell the barber what to do.

I guess it is one thing if you go to SuperCuts and no one in there has a clue how to cut hair, then when you go to a real barber shop and get a quality cut.

Do you tip at Showmars?? You order up front, but they bring you your food, but that is usually it....

I typically tip if they fill up my drink for me, if I get up and do it myself, no tip.

Curious how others handle Showmars…

Follow the same tipping rules as when you’re at a buffet?

It's been that way for a long time, I don't see why you're just now noticing it.

I’m not just noticing… I’m just now starting a thread about it, if your not interested move along, if so, make a comment. I thought that’s how this whole message board thing works. :blink:

I guess it got me thinking last night when I took my wife to coldstone for her birthday. She got some chocolate ice cream with some peanut butter and chocolate chips mixed in and it was 5 bucks! I know the ice cream is top notch quality but I could have done the same thing at home for half the price. Then to add insult the guy that spent 2 minutes mixing it up wants a tip for doing his job in the first place?

I’m glad lew worked there before and added some extra info about how coldstone works, that was mainly my point of the thread. I’m surprised they only make minimum wage, with the profit I’m sure they are making on there stuff you would think they could pay their employees a little better. I guess that’s business these days.

I think he's noticed it before, but is only starting the thread now since we don't any drama at the moment.

Thank you.

I tip the Observer staff every time they put the Niners on the front page.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;322130]I tip the sports editor every time he puts the Niners on the front page.[/QUOTE]

you tipped that bartender in worchester pretty heavily that one night too!!!

you tipped that bartender in worchester pretty heavily that one night too!!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Wasn't she blonde? I laid down some other tips later that night too.

yeah we left before you turned on your mojo though.

You all sound like Mr. Pink

[QUOTE=Normmm;322079]Hotels kill me. You tip the bellhop, tip the waiter if you get a drink at the bar, tip the waitress if you eat at the restaurant and then tip the person cleaning your room. I think Seinfeld did an episode about the cleaning lady. I don’t get that one.

Golf courses are bad too. You tip the person who gets your clubs out of the car, you tip the starter, you tip the bartender, you tip the cart girl and then you tip the kid who cleans your clubs after the round.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I need to stop going to cheap courses. I haven’t seen more than the starter or cart girl. I tipped her because I made her go to the clubhouse to get me a drink from the bar. I have never tipped myself for taking the clubs out of the car or cleaning them… :biggrin:

You all sound like Mr. Pink

[COLOR=#003399]Nice Guy Eddie[/COLOR]: C’mon, throw in a buck!
[COLOR=#003399]Mr. Pink[/COLOR]: Uh-uh, I don’t tip.
[COLOR=#003399]Nice Guy Eddie[/COLOR]: You don’t tip?
[COLOR=#003399]Mr. Pink[/COLOR]: Nah, I don’t believe in it.
[COLOR=#003399]Nice Guy Eddie[/COLOR]: You don’t believe in tipping?
[COLOR=#003399]Mr. Blue[/COLOR]: You know what these chicks make? They make ****.
[COLOR=#003399]Mr. Pink[/COLOR]: Don’t give me that. She don’t make enough money that she can quit.
[COLOR=#003399]Nice Guy Eddie[/COLOR]: I don’t even know a ****ing Jew who’d have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don’t ever tip?
[COLOR=#003399]Mr. Pink[/COLOR]: I don’t tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I’ll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it’s for the birds. As far as I’m concerned, they’re just doing their job.
[COLOR=#003399]Mr. Blue[/COLOR]: Hey, our girl was nice.
[COLOR=#003399]Mr. Pink[/COLOR]: She was okay. She wasn’t anything special.
[COLOR=#003399]Mr. Blue[/COLOR]: What’s special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?
[COLOR=#003399]Nice Guy Eddie[/COLOR]: I’d go over twelve percent for that.

Wow. I need to stop going to cheap courses. I haven't seen more than the starter or cart girl. I tipped her because I made her go to the clubhouse to get me a drink from the bar. I have never tipped myself for taking the clubs out of the car or cleaning them... :biggrin:

Yeah, it’s not too bad in Charlotte. Carolina Lakes and Ballantyne have all of these amenities. A lot of the course at Myrtle Beach are like this too. World Golf Tour was brutal. They seemed to have somebody every 10 feet. I’m cheap, so I try to avoid those poor kids cleaning the clubs after the round. I did that at a course in Myrtle Beach and the kid got mad. He wrecked the cart as he was taking it back to the cart cleaning area. I had to laugh!

Prostitutes are the worst! You lay down $100 atleast for an hour and unless she lets me cleveland steam her, and donkey punch her then there’s no tip. Those two are for the $50 each, you want a tip I better get a “loose willie”

Prostitutes are the worst! You lay down $100 atleast for an hour and unless she lets me cleveland steam her, and donkey punch her then there's no tip. Those two are for the $50 each, you want a tip I better get a "loose willie"

Haha, I’m guessing your wife doesn’t spend much time on NNN. Glad to see a person can still talk this way after having a child.

Haha, I'm guessing your wife doesn't spend much time on NNN. Glad to see a person can still talk this way after having a child.

No she never comes on here, and if I said that infront of her she’d laugh too, depending on the surrounding audience.

How about tipping in the bathroom? I try to avoid the man servant in there. I don’t want smokes, I don’t like that shitty cologne, and I don’t like listening to his phone conversation while I am pissing. Actually, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed anyone tip those guys. They is always money in the tip jar though.

I’m not so sure I’d want my money coming from the bathroom anyway.

I only tip if I get help shaking it.

I am not so keen on the bathroom tip. They say its only the tip, but the reality is those men standing there watching you pee want more.