Today's Jena stories

49ers have rare poll position, Charlotte Observer
C-USA won’t reach what could have been, Charlotte Observer

Nice work Jena!

The last time I heard there were 2500 tickets remaining to a game, the crowd was quite small. That only means 6600 tickets have been distributed and past history shows that there are a lot of no shows. Keep spreading the word, let’s get some butts in the building!

Mike, one question please, this may not be the same way in the print edition. Why would a story on the 49ers be followed with conference standings (in this order) of the ACC, the SEC, the Big South :unsure:, followed by Conference USA and the Southern? I can perhaps live with the ACC standings being first, but being listed under the Big South, the 28th-ranked conference, is not right IMO.

I didn’t see anything about Curt getting C-USA Player of the Week, though. Too bad…

Nothing yet on the 2-for-1 deal or bobblehead promo, either. Hopefully tomorrow.

They also did a piece on the top ranked preps in the state. Mitch Mullis is ranked 7th I believe. And we’re on the list for 3 of the top 10 Juniors (Mack, Smith, Goode). I couldn’t find the link.

Yes, I saw the piece about North Meck’s Jamie Skeen verballing to Wake Forest. I was surprised not to see Charlotte Latin’s Charles Dewhurst on the list of top high school juniors. The blurb in today’s paper said that Dewhurst had scored over 100 points combined in his past 3 games.

BTW, I wonder if that 7-0 Franklin Jones at Mt. Zion is really 7-0. Afterall, our 7-0 Iti turned out to be 6-9! :o :stuck_out_tongue:

[b]Yes, I saw the piece about North Meck's Jamie Skeen verballing to Wake Forest. I was surprised not to see Charlotte Latin's Charles Dewhurst on the list of top high school juniors. The blurb in today's paper said that Dewhurst had scored over 100 points combined in his past 3 games.[/b]

How is Dewhurst not in the top 10. He is listed in the top 150 in rivals.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 08:56 AM [b] Mike, one question please, this may not be the same way in the print edition. Why would a story on the 49ers be followed with conference standings (in this order) of the ACC, the SEC, the Big South :unsure:, followed by Conference USA and the Southern? I can perhaps live with the ACC standings being first, but being listed under the Big South, the 28th-ranked conference, is not right IMO. [/b]
In the print version, there are two columns of type, with the ACC at the top of one and CUSA at the top of the other. But when you send them to the typesetter, it's one long string of text split into two legs, with ACC, SEC and Big South in the first leg, and CUSA, Southern and Others in the second leg. The website picks up what we typeset. Believe it or not, it's not a conspiracy, just the way it works technically.

That’s fine, I can live with that reasoning. Thanks for the reply.

Mike, let me know if you need for me to straighten out any of these Observer bashers.

B)

Over40, I have CharlotteAlum on retainer to take care of instigators like yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

This SoCon standings bit is a little bit much fans. It really is no big deal.

I could vouch for Over40 just because he sure straightened me out. . . Thanks for keeping me in line Over40.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 12:00 PM [b] Over40, I have CharlotteAlum on retainer to take care of instigators like yourself. :P [/b]
I have seen Charlotte Alum in action, so I guess I had better walk a straight line.
[i]Originally posted by Niner89[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 12:31 PM [b] I could vouch for Over40 just because he sure straightened me out. . . Thanks for keeping me in line Over40. [/b]
Niner89, if you continue to take my advice, you will go far in life........... I'm just sure if it will be in the right direction or not.

Over40,

You wouldn’t steer me wrong now, would you? B) I trust you Over40.

[i]Originally posted by Niner89[/i]@Feb 15 2005, 02:21 PM [b] Over40,

You wouldn’t steer me wrong now, would you? B) I trust you Over40. [/b]

Be careful 89…Over40 has a way of rubbing off on people. Even had me going off on the Observer not too long ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jcl49er,

I don’t think what you did was wrong and Over40 steered you wrong , either. The famous “two lines” coverage was great. If we keep it up we may get to move up to just “One”. I can see it now . . .

[SIZE=3]Tonight 49ers play ! ! ! [/SIZE]