Top 10 NBA Draft Busts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-top-10-lottery-busts-of-the-last-decade;_ylt=Aps2wrHDWZGEqP1MOdWESeg5nYcB?urn=nba,184973

sucks that one of our niners is on the list

Hard to argue with though. Remember that there was talk of him going number 1! But then we can also remember that this was the year Kwame Brown was taken first.

I wonder what happens though if White doesn’t get arrested. I seem to remember him having a second chance somewhere, only to have the team decide he wasn’t worth the trouble. Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Nah your right.
He got arrested the year he was a pretty good back up to Melo. Averaged something like 8 points and 3 rebounds from 18 minutes.

Rodney was definitely a bust. But it’s odd that he keeps showing up on this list. I think the gun charge really added to his negative press. In the same draft as Rodney, Diop was picked one spot ahead of Rodney. Eddie Griffin 2 spots ahead. In other drafts there was Dajuan Wagner, Eddie Griffin and Shaun Livingston all taken in spots higher than Rodney.

[QUOTE=Normmm;426953]Rodney was definitely a bust. But it’s odd that he keeps showing up on this list. I think the gun charge really added to his negative press. In the same draft as Rodney, Diop was picked one spot ahead of Rodney. Eddie Griffin 2 spots ahead. In other drafts there was Dajuan Wagner, Eddie Griffin and Shaun Livingston all taken in spots higher than Rodney.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I personally think it’s hard to call the ninth pick in a draft a bust in the same breath as a #1,2 or 3. You don’t really think you’re getting a slamdunk at that point in the lottery.

Hey the fans told him not to go 1 & done. That’s what back-stabbers get. Hell at least play 2 years so you don’t waste the school’s time, money, & scholarships.
It does however suck that the NBA is as bad as the NFL at not respecting his 2nd Am. rights though.

I remember discussing with other Niners, and we all agreed that Rodney wasn’t ready for the NBA. His defense was downright horrible.

But at least he got his payday. Tough to refuse if you’re a lottery pick. He could have played another year or two in College and lost his draft appeal.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;427076]I remember discussing with other Niners, and we all agreed that Rodney wasn’t ready for the NBA. His defense was downright horrible.

But at least he got his payday. Tough to refuse if you’re a lottery pick. He could have played another year or two in College and lost his draft appeal.[/QUOTE]

I actually think he would raised with another year, but you take the risk of injury.

For the record, and this is aimed at no one, anybody that criticizes someone for getting a multi-million $$ payday is a moron.

Hey the fans told him not to go 1 & done. That's what back-stabbers get. Hell at least play 2 years so you don't waste the school's time, money, & scholarships. It does however suck that the NBA is as bad as the NFL at not respecting his 2nd Am. rights though.

wtf

It does however suck that the NBA is as bad as the NFL at not respecting his 2nd Am. rights though.

Jesus. I know you aren’t a gimmick poster, but damn if you don’t look like you’re trying to sound dense sometimes. HE WAS SHOOTING A GUN RANDOMLY OUT OF A MOVING CAR!

Jesus. I know you aren't a gimmick poster, but damn if you don't look like you're [I]trying[/I] to sound dense sometimes. HE WAS SHOOTING A GUN RANDOMLY OUT OF A MOVING CAR!

Its SCK. It took me a while and lots of negative posts towards him before I realized he really IS retarded. So I stopped bashing him because retards can’t help the way they are. So just keep doing your thing SCK, little fella- I’m rooting for you.

Tough to refuse if you're a lottery pick. He could have played another year or two in College and lost his draft appeal.

D.O.B.A.

That’s all that really needs to be said on Mr. White.