Top 25 Gaming Consoles

[QUOTE=VA49er;430347]Or when the waitress/bartender was hot![/QUOTE]

Generally, if I was dropping a big tab, I was too drunk to know what I was doing…

I’ll meet you guys one night at Pic’s before or after a game and we’ll hoist a few on me. Best thing about being in the workforce for many years is I can at least afford bar tabs now.

I will be there and pitch in some $ as well, perhaps after one of the niners humiliating losses (which God willing won’t happen). But, no PBR. Sorry Powerbait.

I don’t have to worry about it, Barry buys me all the PBR I can handle. He’s good people.

I can’t seem to spend less than $100 any night I go out, and I typically just drink beer…I don’t know how.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;430395]I can’t seem to spend less than $100 any night I go out, and I typically just drink beer…I don’t know how.[/QUOTE]sounds like you’re drinking lots of beer. drinking expensive beer. giving big tips. or buying beer for the hotties sitting around you.

Should I really continue this after the discussion has switched to alcohol? For me, drinking in college was cheap. Now that’s I’ve switched decent bottles of red wine it’s expensive even though I drink much much less. Video games continue to be expensive.

Then you know that the reason the Saturn was launched is because Sega was quickly losing their market share. If the numbers hadn't ended up with the SNES selling 20 million more systems (almost twice as many), then I could say that it was close or that the Genesis won when it mattered. But they didn't.

As I mentioned the SNES dominated in Japan which badly skews the numbers. The Mega Drive completely flopped there. If you pull out Japan’s sales you get the following:

SNES - 31.87 million
Genesis - 27.17 million

I’d call that a tie in total sales, and again given that Sega won 4 of the 5 years they actually went H2H Sega wins.

[QUOTE]It’s been SOP for a long, long time. Dreamcast and Saturn were both money losers, as were the Xbox and PS1/2 at launch. I don’t know if Genesis was as well, but I wouldn’t be surprised. Nintendo’s Wii has always been a money maker, but it is a nominal upgrade over the Gamecube.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for supporting my argument. Sony and Microsoft can do it and Sega isn’t selling systems anymore.

They are on the 3rd generation of the Zune. Microsoft really wants to be in gaming. They would have supported multiple generations of systems. They have plenty of cash to do so.

I don’t blame this on Microsoft/Sony but instead because the development and publishing of video games has also become big business. I think our best bet for more innovative games is better access for independent gaming designers.